Yo IllTek, Portable internet services for my Ipod?

Options
13»

Comments

• wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I downloaded my through my phones internet service, so I don't see them looking at what you DL and blocking it if they don't like it.
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    never mind that last post

peep game tho

i went to google and tried to see if anyone else was going thru the same ? as me right ... so i noticed that alot of ppl were saying it worked but were scared to use it cause they didnt know if sprint would charge them. so i said ? it and went to my sprint hotspot options to see if i could find any options that may let another app take over the duties of hotspot, and right before i went into the options, i checked the "activate sprint hotspot" check box. so it turned it on and it comes on and puts an icon on my notifications bar, and im thinking to myself "aint no way i should have to pay for this ? just for clicking a check box" ............ then sure enuff a message pops up saying that im "not enrolled in a sprint hotspot program. check with your provider to use hotspot blah blah blah" ... so i click ok and but the check box stays checked, so i go back to foxfi to see if i can activate it since the sprint check box was on and BAM .... it says im connected

i hit up my network connections on my lap top and i see my evo's signal on there ... so the ? was on!! but i never logged into it tho

so going back to my google search i seen that one poster said that when they use foxfi they get the fox fi icon AND THE SPRINT HOTSPOT ICON

but the ? seems funny how i have to manually turn on the sprint hotspot and then it in turn auto starts foxfi. so is this why some ppl in those posts were scared they may get charged?? do you have to turn on your sprint hot spot for your foxfi to work??
  • wilberdmillz
    Options
    No that you mention it you're right, I have the blue foxfi wave and the white sprint waves. Been using this app for all most a year and never paid attention to that.
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    ^^^^ but you read my posts right

why did i have to click the sprint hotspot check box for foxfi to work?? did you have to do that??

i mean i never ? with hotspot options until today

i installed foxfi (on wifi not thru sprint data)

went back to my home screen

clicked menu, then settings, then wireless & networks

scrolled down then clicked "turn on hotspot"

sprint gave me the "you are not enrolled in a sprint hotspot program message"

but that autostarted foxfi tho LOL

so right now .. i cant start hotspot from within foxfi ... i have to do the above to get foxfi started. if i dont check the "turn on hotspot" checkbox, foxfi only gives me the "wifi mode cannot be activated because of a sprint hotspot lock. please use blue tooth mode instead"

but it does work so now i guess my question is will sprint be able to know what im doing??
  • wilberdmillz
    Options
    Nah, I never had to do all that. I just got another EPIC last week because the replacement they gave me crapped out within a few weeks. Installed foxfi on the new phone and it works without issue.

Sprint will notice that you're using more data obviously but what can they do if you have an unlimited plan? As I said I've been using it for almost a year and they haven't said anything to me. Even the techs in the store had to notice it on my phone because i have the icon on my home screen but no one said a word about it.