13»

Comments

• Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    Contradictions already 'Em beasted on relapse yet it was about ? , molestion ,serial killing, being a ? '

Oxymoron cpntradictions already SMH some people just can't be objective

Put it like this... I hate Mariah Carey. With a passion. But I'd be lying to you if I said she ain't one of the best singers on the planet. I just don't like her songs. Same with Em with Relapse... he might have been cuckoo on that album, but damn if he didn't rap his ass off.

Still a contradiction how can you rap you ass off rapping about those topics when content and lyrics are 1 of the most important aspects to rap? how can you be rapping good when outside of 2 great songs on the album you saying nothing?

You just gotta look at objectivley if the artist who made it himself could be honest and say the truth about it then there is no reason you can't it's just 1 bad album from him with that horrible content it's not the end of the world to objectivley admit it

Aite, bet. Musically and conceptwise it might have been out of taste, I'll admit that... but that's not thinking objectively anyway. How can a concept be bad from an objective point of view, when it's what the artist thought of himself? He put it out there for us to judge, and a lot of people didn't like it. The keyword is LIKE though... doesn't take away from the skill level he brought to it. You may not like the horrorcore ? he was talking, but it doesn't mean that he didn't put up one of his best rap performances ever. I can get into the intricacies of his performance, but that's too long. Even if he himself didn't like it... a lot of artists say that about their work, "this sucks, it's no good, not my best". Again, he put it out, so if people liked it, fine. If not, whatever. But if he really felt that way, he shouldn't have put it out in the first place.

Back to the Nas ? , at least he had an excuse... the album that became Lost Tapes got leaked, so he had no choice but to rush I Am/Nastradamus. Had Lost Tapes been released as I Am/Nastradamus, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. The point is, as an artist you gotta make the decision to put out something if your heart is in it. Em had all the time in the world to put that out, and that's what he gave us. All objectivity is out the window once your project is on the shelves. As an emcee, I personally loved his performance. But as a fan, he could've done better to bring back the Slim Shady ego if that's what he was going for.

Ok you like it but you honestly not doing a good job on why it's better than Nastradamus to you. THat's why it really is better to say i have a taste for that serial killer, cartoonish rap like on Relapse but i can be objective and understand by general consesus, Hip Hop roiots, and just general percption it is considered poor music. If you say that it's much better and keeping it real.

I actually said Nastradamus is better. It was a tie at first, but I forgot Last Wordz and Life We Chose was on there. And to be real, the only songs I bump on Relapse on the regular are Deja Vu, Underground and Stay Wide Awake. Beautiful is dope, but it got cheesy to me after a while... still in my regular playlist.

Same with Deja Vu that i agree is a great song and Beautiful to me is a top 10 Em song. i don't think you can always label a positive song, uplfting cheesy that's an ignorant mind state. Hip Hop is based on doing that making music people relate to being real with ya self that is apart of Hip Hop. Beautiful dfines why Eminem a great Artist not just rap but he produced it too.

It's not that... I like the positive message. Matter of fact, I love the song other than the hook, which isn't even that bad.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nastradamus isnt Nas worst album for one, two its a terrible comparison considering Nastradamus is a good album even though its considered one of his weakest and relapse is hot trash with no replay value whats so ever, and three Nas is a better artist than Eminem, if your going to compare the two then put Em's best albums against Nas' worst because thats the only way your going to have a fair matchup, Em isnt on Nas' level
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 209murdamike
    209murdamike Members Posts: 557 ✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    In my opinion Eminem should stick to rapping about being a serial killer and a ? . The ? is amusing bruh. My favorite Eminem song is "Brain Damage" that ? had no basis in reality at all but it was dope as ? .