Will the NEGATIVITY ever end?

Options
heyslick
heyslick Members Posts: 1,179
edited August 2012 in The Social Lounge
Hip-hop: Negative Effects on Today's Youth Essay | Hip-hop: Negative Effects on Today's Youth
This student essay consists of approximately 5 pages of analysis of Hip hop music.

Hip-hop: Negative Effects on Today's Youth
Summary: This essay explores the history of hip-hop and it's evolution into today's most popular form of music. With the popularity of hip-hop comes the responsibility to its listeners to provide a positive image which is lacking in many of today's artists portrayals. This essay explores the many problems that result from negative images and lyrics that hip-hop artists portray and discusses some possible ways to improve it.

http://www.bookrags.com/essay-2005/9/21/202351/048

Comments

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • plocc
    plocc Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not as long as the major labels keep signing these fake thugs , hoes, and posers.
  • heyslick
    Options
    Ok

Our society is doomed and if some of our people wanna live there lives around that kind of mindset,then really how can we as a nation prosper? Now here comes the bomb shell - Obama has instilled so much negativity within half of the populous--- it has made the other half of the populous feel guilty (BS! that guilt trip is over) just for wanting to see this country go in another direction - IMO Obama feels its the governments job to make everything right & individuals only help themselves & they don't care about others - that isn't true AT ALL. I'm so damn tired of hearing about how this country doesn't help those who truly need help from time-to-time - ? !!

Just how damn long can people refuse to GET UP & constantly blame others for problems only they can fix - I didn't say get over it either - GET UP! I feel for people but if they REFUSE to at least GET-UP how in the ? can they be helped? do people have to literally BEG THEM - oh please! oh pretty please!! get up.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The majority of people are bottom feeders and never want to make change and resistant to change will become violent towards it. Peace won't happen until people stop thinking like animals, hell even animals go out and do what they have to do for shelter and food. These people are worst than animals.
  • heyslick
    Options
    The President is on his jag again about SPREADING the Wealth around - can someone/anyone explain Y those who aren't wealthy can spread what little they have around to those who aren't willing to even get up[/n] off of their dead-? . Seriously, is this gonna be the future America? IE don't work just lay around and other individuals who do have gumption & desire to work will pay your way - oh btw if you collect welfare? the current administration will not require any work on your part - DAMN that's really such a great existence. Y even bother to do anything at all? - but wallow in self-pity and have more babies and teach them HOW to live the same lifestyle (aka) same mindset. WOW!!!!! Unlike tryin 2 eliminate the negative - I guess accentuating the NEGATIVE does have it's benefits?
  • Lost
    Lost Members Posts: 152
    Options
    I totally agree with that essay. In my opinion, the gangster music has made gangsters almost like the new biker. An outlaw that gets all the girls. But in reality, they are just all going to jail and making a bad example on everyone else. And since hip hop music is in the top 10, then lots of people will be influenced by it. If you don't believe me, drive down to your local hood and ask the gangsters what kind of music they listen too. I bet it's not Barbra Streisand or Bieber. But it's not only the music that makes a gangster, but social influences also.
  • i fit
    i fit Members Posts: 920
    Options
    Slick they way you are so Anti-Obama let's me know that he is doing a good job. Your stupidity/femininity has convinced a newly registered Republican to vote for a centrist Democrat.
  • heyslick
    Options
    i fit wrote: »
    Slick they way you are so Anti-Obama let's me know that he is doing a good job. Your stupidity/femininity has convinced a newly registered Republican to vote for a centrist Democrat.

doing a **good job? who do you think your fooling? The article speaks for itself & I'm just reiterating the talking points & adding my own opinions about the direction this President envisions for America - AGAIN the bottom-line is still the same will this perpetual negativity ever end?

** good is bad

• heyslick
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    The majority of people are bottom feeders and never want to make change and resistant to change will become violent towards it. Peace won't happen until people stop thinking like animals, hell even animals go out and do what they have to do for shelter and food. These people are worst than animals.

In this day and time you're a diamond in the rough. IMO your parents should be proud to have a son like you & I think you're a REAL gentleman,to bad there aren't more MEN like you - ALL I ever see is whinging little boys complaining about what they haven't got or what's owed to them. BTW YOU sure as hell don't need my approval - just wanted to say thanks.

• loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

In this day and time you're a diamond in the rough. IMO your parents should be proud to have a son like you & I think you're a REAL gentleman,to bad there aren't more MEN like you - ALL I ever see is whinging little boys complaining about what they haven't got or what's owed to them. BTW YOU sure as hell don't need my approval - just wanted to say thanks.

"? is Tigers now?"
  • heyslick
    Options
    Dontcha just love this new Obama-Nation IE insult the job creators (they didn't work hard) & allow the Vice President to scare others - WITH comments like this - WOW! the current leadership in this country is just fantastic!! They say what they mean then they claim that isn't what they meant -- WTF??? IS GOING ON??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1PVOIqQAns
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    Dontcha just love this new Obama-Nation IE insult the job creators (they didn't work hard) & allow the Vice President to scare others - WITH comments like this - WOW! the current leadership in this country is just fantastic!! They say what they mean then they claim that isn't what they meant -- WTF??? IS GOING ON??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1PVOIqQAns

this was actually a response to someone in the GOP who said that they were going to "unchain" wall street its all about context
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    this was actually a response to someone in the GOP who said that they were going to "unchain" wall street its all about context
    on the other hand, he didn't say it to a GOP member who said he was going to "unshackle" Wall Street, he said it to a pro-Democrat audience. i'm with Doug Wilder on this; we all know what Biden meant