Game Changer. Saudi Arabia Warns They Will Shoot down Israeli Jets in an Iran Attack

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
edited August 2012 in The Social Lounge
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with this............

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    well, it goes without saying that Saudi Arabia would declare that they'd shoot down an Israeli jet in Saudi Arabian airspace. is that really a surprising twist? plus, the way this story ends ("they would support an attack that utilizes their airspace if it was coordinated by the US") makes this essentially meaningless in total.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good for Saudi Arabia.....
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its invading another country airspace which is an act of war so Saudi Arabia saying they will shoot Israeli planes down makes sense in that regard.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can see where Saudi Arabia is coming from, but if they want to be truly recognized as a independent country, they need to convert to Christianity. Jews and Christians coming together to take out Islam is a beautiful thing.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    but i though saudi was gettin ? to stop iran...i thought they didnt like iran because they didnt want them having influence over the region with nuclear weapons...so they would stop someone from stopping iran?

hmmmm
    maybe its me
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    but i though saudi was gettin ? to stop iran...i thought they didnt like iran because they didnt want them having influence over the region with nuclear weapons...so they would stop someone from stopping iran?

hmmmm
    maybe its me

Saudi Arabia is basically saying I don't want that beef with Iran being so close to me, so I will protect my self interest, but I would only have the ? to go against Iran if America fights with me, if not than I got to back the ? out of this one quick.
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo I am ready for the next world war to pop off. I still have hopes that the Syrian conflict will help get ? poppin.
  • MrSoutCity
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    I can see where Saudi Arabia is coming from, but if they want to be truly recognized as a independent country, they need to convert to Christianity. Jews and Christians coming together to take out Islam is a beautiful thing.

The irony of your post is why I can't ? with religion.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    MrSoutCity wrote: »

Lol, yeah a lot of people think that's what makes an independent nation.
  • heyslick
    heyslick Members Posts: 1,179
    Options

If those in the middle east would show some respect for others - & I'm talking about the radical elements within that supposedly peaceful nature of Islam & the culture of the middle east, Muslims in general. They can't do anything about the very element that they refuse to address within there own ranks - sorta like a NO SNITCH policy, in the mean time said radicals continue to ? innocent people throughout that region - just for there religious beliefs.

• MrSoutCity
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »

If those in the middle east would show some respect for others - & I'm talking about the radical elements within that supposedly peaceful nature of Islam & the culture of the middle east, Muslims in general. They can't do anything about the very element that they refuse to address within there own ranks - sorta like a NO SNITCH policy, in the mean time said radicals continue to ? innocent people throughout that region - just for there religious beliefs.

Did Christians do tha same in the past.
  • husnain1
    husnain1 Members Posts: 87
    Options

what do you expect the PEOPLE to do? the governments are basically puppets of the US and are corrupt to the core. the people have no policing powers. are they supposed to go up to a radical and say please sir drop your weapons and change your ideology? the radicals have weapons and will simply ? them too. maybe if the west would stop meddling in other peoples affairs this stuff wouldnt happen.
  • heyslick
    Options
    husnain1 wrote: »

what do you expect the PEOPLE to do? the governments are basically puppets of the US and are corrupt to the core. the people have no policing powers. are they supposed to go up to a radical and say please sir drop your weapons and change your ideology? the radicals have weapons and will simply ? them too. maybe if the west would stop meddling in other peoples affairs this stuff wouldnt happen.

maybe if those people would join the human race & stop fighting IE one tribe fighting with another tribe for power things would improve for all parties concerned - BUT NO they won't. These things have been going on for decades and decades without any change whatsoever -- what kind of civilization can survive in the long run given that they will never stop fighting among there selves - what kind of country subjugates there people and keeps them illiterate for centuries upon centuries -- then claims there so damn righteous and their all about freedoms - ? ! yeah! in so many ways I wish our government would just stay the hell out of those UNCIVILIZED countries - but we've got to many goody goody types who think they can solve other peoples problems - at our expense & we get nothing in return but more hatred for our effort.

• Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

they dont even do that ? now

• husnain1
    Options

maybe if those people would join the human race & stop fighting IE one tribe fighting with another tribe for power things would improve for all parties concerned - BUT NO they won't. These things have been going on for decades and decades without any change whatsoever -- what kind of civilization can survive in the long run given that they will never stop fighting among there selves - what kind of country subjugates there people and keeps them illiterate for centuries upon centuries -- then claims there so damn righteous and their all about freedoms - ? ! yeah! in so many ways I wish our government would just stay the hell out of those UNCIVILIZED countries - but we've got to many goody goody types who think they can solve other peoples problems - at our expense & we get nothing in return but more hatred for our effort.

your posts have always smacked of ethnocentrism. so people dont follow your rules and regulations therefore they are uncivilized? the unrest in all of these countries is being fomented by the west dont be so naive as to claim otherwise. syria is a good example of that, you have the west supporting the rebels. I wonder how many western countries would tolerate a rebellion much less one being funded by other governments? I dont even know why im responding to you because its obvious from your posts that your mentality on the issue is severely lacking.
  • husnain1
    Options

they dont even do that ? now

yeah right. the only difference is that now its done under the guise of nation states. much of neocon and israeli doctrine rests on religious ideas. if you think all other religions are peaceful then I have a bridge to sell you

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You're out of your mind if you really believe this.....
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    ...keep reading until the end of the article...
  • heyslick
    Options

your posts have always smacked of ethnocentrism. so people dont follow your rules and regulations therefore they are uncivilized? the unrest in all of these countries is being fomented by the west dont be so naive as to claim otherwise. syria is a good example of that, you have the west supporting the rebels. I wonder how many western countries would tolerate a rebellion much less one being funded by other governments? I dont even know why im responding to you because its obvious from your posts that your mentality on the issue is severely lacking.

Cultural Dictionary
    ethnocentrism [(eth-noh- sen -triz-uhm)]

The belief that one's own culture is superior to all others and is the standard by which all other cultures should be measured.

NOWHERE in my post do I mention or feel our culture is superior - SO me wanting peace in those parts of the world makes me a ethnocentric - huh? Educating folks and making this a better place to live for all parties concerned makes me the bad guy - ? YOU! Why can't they get along? why do you always make excuses or blame America? Why can't those countries live in peace? If they can't or won't - Is the civilized world suppose to just let them murder there citizens. Our foreign policies need some major changes - If this country is SO TERRRIBLE! why do so many wanna come here? IMO the tribal mentality and the radical elements within said entities are always gonna be killing the innocents throughout that part of the world.
  • Ajackson17
    Options

Lol, yeah

Dude, the sons of Ishmael have done too much evil on this earth and those who follow Christ and cleanse in the blood of our savior Jesus Christ will defeat the Dragon a.k.a Lucifer or Satan who stands behind the savagery of Islam.
  • husnain1
    Options

Cultural Dictionary

The belief that one's own culture is superior to all others and is the standard by which all other cultures should be measured.

NOWHERE in my post do I mention or feel our culture is superior - SO me wanting peace in those parts of the world makes me a ethnocentric - huh? Educating folks and making this a better place to live for all parties concerned makes me the bad guy - ? YOU! Why can't they get along? why do you always make excuses or blame America? Why can't those countries live in peace? If they can't or won't - Is the civilized world suppose to just let them murder there citizens. Our foreign policies need some major changes - If this country is SO TERRRIBLE! why do so many wanna come here? IMO the tribal mentality and the radical elements within said entities are always gonna be killing the innocents throughout that part of the world.

heyslick you have continuously been one of the most racist as well as ignorant posters on AHH as far back as I can remember. the fact that you are too stupid to even realize why your post is ethnocentric speaks volumes to your stupidity. The US gets the blame for FOMENTING the unrest in the first place and if you think that that is based on paranoia then you're stupider than I thought (there are countless examples of the US causing unrest in places for its own goals). You keep talking about the civilized world (ironically this is what makes your post ethnocentric in the first place) yet it is the same "civilized" world who has caused the unrest in the first place. Again tell me what would happen if these same scenarios played out in western nations? Are you really naive enough to think that an armed rebellion wouldnt be militarily suppressed in the states? The conflict in syria is just an excuse to get to iran and only the ignorant couldnt make that "leap" of logic. Its interesting to note that you claim its the radicals who have always been killing innocents throughout the world when all of the recent violence in the ME started with the invasion of iraq and afghanistan.
  • husnain1
    Options

Lol, yeah

Dude, the sons of Ishmael have done too much evil on this earth and those who follow Christ and cleanse in the blood of our savior Jesus Christ will defeat the Dragon a.k.a Lucifer or Satan who stands behind the savagery of Islam.

lol sounds like the ? calling the kettle black to me. its interesting to note that the west goes out of its way to claim this isnt a religious war yet nutcases like ajackson seem to think otherwise. turning it into a religious war will only cause more violence something a "follower" of Jesus would be opposed to in the first place. I guess that whole turn the other cheek is just for lip service
  • heyslick
    Options

Cultural Dictionary

heyslick you have continuously been one of the most racist as well as ignorant posters on AHH as far back as I can remember. the fact that you are too stupid to even realize why your post is ethnocentric speaks volumes to your stupidity. The US gets the blame for FOMENTING the unrest in the first place and if you think that that is based on paranoia then you're stupider than I thought (there are countless examples of the US causing unrest in places for its own goals). You keep talking about the civilized world (ironically this is what makes your post ethnocentric in the first place) yet it is the same "civilized" world who has caused the unrest in the first place. Again tell me what would happen if these same scenarios played out in western nations? Are you really naive enough to think that an armed rebellion wouldnt be militarily suppressed in the states? The conflict in syria is just an excuse to get to iran and only the ignorant couldnt make that "leap" of logic. Its interesting to note that you claim its the radicals who have always been killing innocents throughout the world when all of the recent violence in the ME started with the invasion of iraq and afghanistan.

Yeah! just disagreeing with some else's opinion makes me a racist - huh? wanting people to get along makes me a racist? huh? I don't snore so I guess I couldn't possibly be a racist, right? I don't boycott businesses because some middle east dude owns them - so I couldn't be racist? You haven't got A CLUE. If your aren't afraid of the truth Y don't stand up for what you believe in? This is NOT the greatest country,BUT I'LL continue to believe it means well & if you can't understand that then shame on YOU! What country ever comes to our rescue when we have catastrophes?