Tia Mowry Slams “Ugly Baby” Commentators

Options
Bully_Pulpit
Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in The Powder Room
First-time mother Tia Mowry is striking back at online commentators who have been calling her son “ugly.” The 34-year-old actress gave birth to Cree Taylor Hardrict on June 28, 2011, and he is featured on her Style network reality show Tia & Tamera. Mowry has been posting pictures of her baby boy online, accompanied by positive messages, but some people felt the need to bash the child’s looks. Understandably, Mowry isn’t too happy with the negative comments.

In an interview with Live From E! Thursday, Mowry blasted critics. She said:

“I really don’t understand why people feel the need to belittle a child, someone who doesn’t even have a voice yet to express themselves. I just think it’s disgusting—disgusting that we live in a society that focuses on looks.”

She wrote a similar message on her Facebook page, saying, “It’s disgusting that some focus on looks. I brought a beautiful child into this world.”

Mowry also said that she sympathizes with other celebrities, such as Jessica Simpson, who are often criticized for their post-pregnancy bodies. She said:

“We just brought life into this world. Some women bounce back quickly and some don’t…I’m not gonna be at a gym five days a week. I wanna spend time with my son.”

Tia Mowry, who has been married to husband Cory Hardrict since 2008, has also said that she would love to have another baby “very soon.” She just released her first book, Oh Baby! Pregnancy Tales and Advice from One Hot Mama to Another on May 15. In the book, she tells expectant mothers “what to really expect on that nine-month road to the delivery room.”

What do you think of Tia Mowry’s baby and the comments people have made about his looks?

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/304034/tia-mowry-slams-ugly-baby-commentators/#IVvl1TBiZo8RAQIK.99
Tia-Mowry-and-son.jpg

Comments