SNES
or N64?

Discuss...

Comments

• grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SNES

Had the best line up of games out of the 3 systems and has one of the best library of RPG's on any system.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    SNES

Had the best line up of games out of the 3 systems and has one of the best library of RPG's on any system.

Agreed... my only problem is N64 had the goat bring friends over experience when it came to sports games and FPS. b4 the whole online play when you know you had to go outside.. the n64 was the precursor for ya block/neighborhood comp, and ? be going at it for hours on these video games just to brag at the end of the day who was the illest at what, and you do it all over again the next day. i dunno this is exactly why I made this thread.. it's still a tough choice between the SNES and n64 for me base don my experience.

*in jay'z voice* It's just different...
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Had all 3 and I can say that SNES was the best out of them.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smash Brothers
    Super Mario 64
    Ocarina of Time
    Majora's Mask
    Conker's Bad Fur Day
    Golden Eye 007
    WWF No Mercy
    Killer Instinct 64
    Mario Kart 64
    Perfect Dark
    Banjo Kazooie
    Banjo Tooie
    Star Fox 64
    F-Zero X
    Donkey Kong 64
    Turok Series
    Spiderman
    1080 Snowboarding
    james Bond The World is not Enough
    Quake
    Duke Nukem
    Mortal Kombat 4
    Starcraft 64
    Command & Conquer 64
    Gauntlet
    Ready to Rumble Boxing
    Gex
    Jet Force Gemini
    Starwars Shadows of the Empire
    Body Harvest
    Castlevania 64

N64 was ill, don't knock the lineup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VuYjqfuyw4&feature=related
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SNES... Only console that's better is PS2
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CS King...N64 was that system...20 ? in room...Everyone but the winner off after each game...Mario Kart 64...Wario Stadium...weed...? ...hoes...all night

IMO NES is the dopest...SMB3...Punch-Out!...Mega Man 2...

although SNES has Chrono Trigger...the GOAT...
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    N64. Perfect Dark, Goldeneye, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Kart, WWF No Mercy, WCW vs. NWO, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, 1080 Snowboarding, Road Rash 64, Madden. N64 had the GOAT replay value of any console. Hell, I must've beat 100+ games on Xbox, 360, PSOne, 2, and 3 and probably logged the same amount of time on ONE N64 game. You can't ? with that value.
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited August 2012
    Options
    ? sleeping on Waverace64...
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    Options
    N64 is still the most fun I has playing video games. Guess it had to do with my age/time in my life. Lots of memories from that console.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    snes close thread
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is this a joke? The SNES and it is the last good Nintendo console period. Chrono Trigger alone destroys every other Nintendo console.
    ocelot wrote: »
    SNES... Only console that's better is PS2
    Maybe slightly better than the PSX and that is a strong maybe, but the PS2 is the GOAT.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The N64 had classic quality games.
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    N64 without question. Mario kart and GoldenEye had ? huddled around the tv blazd out of our minds passin the controller. Lol.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    N64 without question. Mario kart and GoldenEye had ? huddled around the tv blazd out of our minds passin the controller. Lol.

CS...hoes in the room...talkin' to them...touchin' their leg...Your turn on the 64 and that hoe gets IGNORED..until you lose
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    n64. first system to have four players. me and my friends put in many hours on nba live, nba courtside, mario kart, goldeneye, and super smash bros.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    knights wrote: »
    N64. Perfect Dark, Goldeneye, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Kart, WWF No Mercy, WCW vs. NWO, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, 1080 Snowboarding, Road Rash 64, Madden. N64 had the GOAT replay value of any console. Hell, I must've beat 100+ games on Xbox, 360, PSOne, 2, and 3 and probably logged the same amount of time on ONE N64 game. You can't ? with that value.

Crusin.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    goldeneye, mariokart64 and the wwf games are the only things that swing ? in favor of N64 imo......

but SNES was just a beast....
  • Dupac
    Options
    ? just remembered conker's bad fur day...

N64
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WCW vs. nWo
    WCW Revenge
    WWF WrestleMania 2000
    WWF No Mercy

All the same game engine, all different in some way. I own them all for N64. I didn't play nothing else. I used my PSx and PS2 for the sport games.

Now that I look at it, Nintendo wasn't very sporting game friendly. You had to get other consoles to experience good sports games.
  • Dupac
    Options
    wrestlemania 2000 was ridiculous...

i used to just sit there and watch the computer run 40 man royal rumbles.....

jsut sit there n watch.....not even play......
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    WCW vs. nWo
    WCW Revenge
    WWF WrestleMania 2000
    WWF No Mercy

All the same game engine, all different in some way. I own them all for N64. I didn't play nothing else. I used my PSx and PS2 for the sport games.

Now that I look at it, Nintendo wasn't very sporting game friendly. You had to get other consoles to experience good sports games.

I still ? with a heavily hacked version of No mercy, barbed wire matches, inferno matches, TNA hexagon rings, UFC octagon rings, the WCW triple cage match.. n64 + gameshark = a whole new experience. I wish I could gameshark the Xbox or Ps3 today.(I'm sure there might be some equivalent today)
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was the king of Crusin' World, Wave Racer, Mario Kart, Diddy Kong Racing and Beetle Adventure Racing.

• Dupac
    edited August 2012
    Options
    cheat glitches in mariokart64>>>life

jumping the border in that chocolate board...??? difficulty 4/10

being that ? who could jump the boarder in the rainbow board and magically land back on the track like 3 mins ahead of everyone else??? 9/10

defying logic and jumping into the walls of the cave on the donkey kong board and lapping the entire race???? 10/10 (only did it twice)