Name the most overrated and underrated Comic bookcharacters

Options

Comments

• DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Jaxn - Preach to the flock, Fam. Cyke used to son the Hell outta Wolverine in his (Wolverine's) early days with the X-Men.

And, would u agree that his healing factor has been amped up to ridiculous levels by writers over time when compared to his early days with the X-Men?

I actually liked Wolverine from when he 1st joined right up until the "Inferno" storyline. By that time, he was on overkill with the over-exposure and such.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    his healing factor has improved since back in the day. That happened when Magneto took his admantium away. I believe the theory was that his healing factor was being used mostly to keep Wolverine from being poisoned by the metal. Once he got his admantium back, his healing factor remained at high levels.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? 's crazy when you factor in healing time from lifting weights..

if you had rapid healing, that mean you could be a physical monster..lifting until mouscles completely tore, and just get back in the gym like an hour later like nothing happened...

wolverine's strength and speed level should be way above scotts.....dude should wreck him effortlessly
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @jaxn he does not have a habit of beating wolverine at all. He is just not skilled enough to do it. I like Scott. I am not shorting him. Wolverine never puts the claws to Scott. Spider-man shot wolverine a square one and would have still taken the L with the claw to his ? . Scott isn't strong or fast enough. Wolverine respects Scott enough to not take his soul. I am not even a huge Wolvie fan. But Scott loses this one.
  • jaxn
    Options
    @jaxn he does not have a habit of beating wolverine at all. He is just not skilled enough to do it. I like Scott. I am not shorting him. Wolverine never puts the claws to Scott. Spider-man shot wolverine a square one and would have still taken the L with the claw to his ? . Scott isn't strong or fast enough. Wolverine respects Scott enough to not take his soul. I am not even a huge Wolvie fan. But Scott loses this one.

it's kind of hard not having of habit of beating him when most of the time they square off, Scott comes off looking better..as good as Wolverine's claws and healing factor are, they're not going to stop Scott from blasting him into submission..not to mention he's very familiar with Wolverine considering they've been training/fighting along side one another for many years. Scott also has that i don't give a ? attitude towards Logan were he doesn't give two ? about turning up the intensity of his blasts. You're talking about a guy who can pinpoint his blasts off walls the way Cap does with his shield. Don't sleep on the Summers crew, those guys are powerful
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Options

Wrong on that one, Cyclops beats him, and thus he can. Wolverine isn't much faster or stronger than Cyclops at all. And Wolverine himself said Spiderman could end him if he wanted, but he doesn't want to ? him so he won't. Spiderman can and will end Wolverine everytime.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    @darkraiden son you're going off quotes. Spider clearly states his fear of Logan on many occasions. Cyke can lift 500lbs. Wolverine 2 tons. Scott has never gotten a claw to his ? . Wolverine doesn't fight Cyke like that. He just constantly tests his patience. Y'all are being ridiculous. Scott can't keep Wolverine down ever. He has never done it. Even in the fight scan you posted saying Scott bodied Wolverine, Scott is blasting Wolverine from close range and Wolverine is fist fighting him. In the other Scan Scott says he needs to be perfect to win. Lol...
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Wolverine can take a blast.
    Scott cant take a Claw or 3 to a ?
  • jaxn
    Options
    @darkraiden son you're going off quotes. Spider clearly states his fear of Logan on many occasions. Cyke can lift 500lbs. Wolverine 2 tons. Scott has never gotten a claw to his ? . Wolverine doesn't fight Cyke like that. He just constantly tests his patience. Y'all are being ridiculous. Scott can't keep Wolverine down ever. He has never done it. Even in the fight scan you posted saying Scott bodied Wolverine, Scott is blasting Wolverine from close range and Wolverine is fist fighting him. In the other Scan Scott says he needs to be perfect to win. Lol...

the only way Spiderman loses to Wolverine is if he allows that to happen. He has no fear of Logan. Cyke never had a claw in him but Wolverine has never felt an uncut blast from Cyclops either. If Cyclops were to just open up and go ? on Wolverine with his optic blast, Logan isn't just going to get up and shrug that ? off. I'm not exactly sure what the problem is when thier match ups in the books usually goes in Scott's favor. Wolverine is faster and stronger than Scott, but Scott is no slouch in the fighting department and he's a tactician..
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    @jaxn spider just can't ? him...period. say what you want about wolvie, but he's resilient. Scott was ripping his skin off with blasts. Wolverine came forward despite. Spider has no attack more powerful than Scott's blast.

I never called Scott a slouch. He just can't ? with wolverine.
  • DrMindbender122
    Options
    @evol - Wolverine HIMSELF admitted that Spidey DOES have the ability to ? him when they fought in Germany on that old "Spiderman vs Wolverine" oneshot book that came out years ago. Told him that he'd have to rip out his jugular vein (which is NOT protected by adamantium) to do it. Their fight was a stalemate, but Logan DID acknowledge that Spidey could commit that, but he knew that Parker didn't have it in his nature to do so.

I posted the scan in a different thread before on here (GOAT Moments in Comics), but that thread disappeared after the last upgrade.

I get what u and most others on here mean. But my ? , it's FACT that Cyclops, Spidey and countless others have danced with Wolverine and held their own; some have continuously beaten him clean.

Wolverine is a solid money maker for Marvel; one of, if not, THE most popular Marvel mutant. So it's no small wonder why he's been hyped up over the years. But, he HAS taken a few Ls from other characters, namely Cyclops, over the years on a regular basis.

Captain America has even whooped that ass more than once...and I'm not just speaking about AvX, either.

I'm on my phone now, but I'll post a scan of that Spidey/Wolverine fight (again) where Dude himself admits that Spidey could off him.

Sidenote: Never knew there were so many Cyclops haters on this board.
  • DrMindbender122
    Options
    I'll also post a scan where Wolverine himself admits that he'd be done if Cyke were to hit him with a full force optic beam.
  • jaxn
    Options
    @jaxn spider just can't ? him...period. say what you want about wolvie, but he's resilient. Scott was ripping his skin off with blasts. Wolverine came forward despite. Spider has no attack more powerful than Scott's blast.

I never called Scott a slouch. He just can't ? with wolverine.
    Spiderman doesn't have to ? him to defeat him. He can just web him up and let him sit there and contemplate life..Spidey is tailor made to defeat Wolverine..he's far faster, far stronger and far more agile than Wolverine. He also has that Spidey sense going for him that would prevent Wolverine from being able to sneak up on him. Not to mention Spiderman is a genius who you don't want to really ? off..You know in comics, there are few folks that you don't want to ? off..the Hulk and Spiderman are a couple on that list..(Betty mode Hulk and Aunt May mode Spiderman). Obviously Scott can mess with Wolverine since they've been going at it about Jean for quite some time. Neither has gone for the ? but let's be clear, Scott can check Wolverine. Who would win a majority in a fight is up to opinion

• jaxn
    Options
    Cyclops, and all the Summers brothers for that matter, are alot more powerful than some realize. There's a reason why Sinister is always going after Jean Grey and Scott Summers..hell Scott's children are two of the most powerful beings in Marvel (Cable and Nate Grey)
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    @jaxn @drmindbender22 family...I like both you guys. Let me be clear about what I am saying. Wolverine has no distance attack. For him to ? with Cyclops at all is a feat. Wolverine would hand Cap his ass. Understand that Wolvie is written with selective compassion. He respects people that go for theirs. Scott is fearless. He is wise. He stands for something. The only difference between them is Scott believes in people wolvie doesn't. Wolvie respects a stance. Cap, Scott, hulk, spidey...he treats them with respect. Hulk gets clawed because he can take it. The others don't because they can't. He pesters all of them all the time because secretly he wants to know if they are any different from him. They are.

I don't hate Scott. Scott is a g. He can certainly check Wolverine. Wolverine expects it. I don't love wolvie. I just think he gets the shaft often because misjudging fanboys overrate him so real comic heads tare him down.

Spider doesn't have an attack to sleep Wolvie or keep him down long. Just my thoughts

• jaxn
    Options
    @jaxn @drmindbender22 family...I like both you guys. Let me be clear about what I am saying. Wolverine has no distance attack. For him to ? with Cyclops at all is a feat. Wolverine would hand Cap his ass. Understand that Wolvie is written with selective compassion. He respects people that go for theirs. Scott is fearless. He is wise. He stands for something. The only difference between them is Scott believes in people wolvie doesn't. Wolvie respects a stance. Cap, Scott, hulk, spidey...he treats them with respect. Hulk gets clawed because he can take it. The others don't because they can't. He pesters all of them all the time because secretly he wants to know if they are any different from him. They are.

I don't hate Scott. Scott is a g. He can certainly check Wolverine. Wolverine expects it. I don't love wolvie. I just think he gets the shaft often because misjudging fanboys overrate him so real comic heads tare him down.

Spider doesn't have an attack to sleep Wolvie or keep him down long. Just my thoughts
    I hear you, but you should really check out Cap, Cyclops and Spidey a bit more..Cyke is a ruthless ? ..Cap imo would beat Wolverine for a majority but that just depends on the day..Cap would most likely beat Cyclops because he has that shield..Cap's shield is stronger than Wolverine's claws..Spiderman would beat all of them..He idolizes Cap though and that clouds his judgement when it comes to him..
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    I'm incredibly familiar with Cap, Cyke, and Spidey. Cap is the most ruthless if the three. Cap grits his teeth often. He is a scrapper.

Scott is a bad mother ? but its all based on his non compromise. They listen when he talks. Even Wolvie. Messiah Complex is a great example. In the ? storm ? didn't move without Scott's orders.

Spider is great! If I'm putting together a team. I want him or I am petrified of him on the opposition. Because he has no equal. He is the premiere mid fielder in comics. No one flies amongst the fliers and ground guys like spider. And he is a got damn genius.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Spider>>>Wolverine>>Captain America>Cyclops
  • jaxn
    Options
    I'm incredibly familiar with Cap, Cyke, and Spidey. Cap is the most ruthless if the three. Cap grits his teeth often. He is a scrapper.

Scott is a bad mother ? but its all based on his non compromise. They listen when he talks. Even Wolvie. Messiah Complex is a great example. In the ? storm ? didn't move without Scott's orders.

Spider is great! If I'm putting together a team. I want him or I am petrified of him on the opposition. Because he has no equal. He is the premiere mid fielder in comics. No one flies amongst the fliers and ground guys like spider. And he is a got damn genius.

sorry about that
  • BlackNeji971
    BlackNeji971 Members Posts: 311 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    louis rich wrote: »
    XMenSchism_5_Preview3.jpg

why he didn't let his claw out on this one?? instant death...

and in the early edition posted, something is just wrong, wolverine is supposed to be a close fighter from nearly 1945? and he's defeated easily like this?

I know when it's come to comics, logic doesn't mean anything and ? but clearly in this picture he didn't really try to ? him
  • DrMindbender122
    Options
    Just realized that the copy of Thor #337 I grabbed offa eBay is autographed by THE Walt Simonson (the creator of Beta Ray Bill)

Yessir!
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman overrated y'all are gonna have to elaborate
  • jaxn
    Options
    louis rich wrote: »
    XMenSchism_5_Preview3.jpg

why he didn't let his claw out on this one?? instant death...

and in the early edition posted, something is just wrong, wolverine is supposed to be a close fighter from nearly 1945? and he's defeated easily like this?

I know when it's come to comics, logic doesn't mean anything and ? but clearly in this picture he didn't really try to ? him

Cyke can fight too and you can say the same about him not wanting to ? Wolverine.
  • jaxn
    Options
    Just realized that the copy of Thor #337 I grabbed offa eBay is autographed by THE Walt Simonson (the creator of Beta Ray Bill)

Yessir!

take care of that one
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    jaxn wrote: »

Yessir!

take care of that one

Co-sign....enjoy and put it in a protective cover asap