puppets used to scare me, don't judge.
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will say this it wasnt by searching twerk team puppet edition haha
    is this how you exercised the demons?
    http://youtu.be/mluRyNLSQiY?t=2m58s
  • MissK
    MissK Members Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    clip doesn't show for me but is it hypnosis?

I used the following method:

"Exposure is by far the most potent medicine known to psychology. It is responsible, directly or indirectly, for most positive improvement achieved in therapy--any therapy, but particularly the treatment of anxiety. Exposure entails facing your fears, which makes it aversive in the short-term.

Thus with anxiety, the only way out is through. If you're anxious about spiders, you will have to handle spiders. If you're scared of the elevator, you will have to ride the elevator repeatedly. If you dread talking in class, you will need to start talking in class. If you fear puppets, buy one and keep it on your dresser until you have overcome the fear. This is not easy to do, since confronting your fear will produce a lot of initial anxiety. You will have to stay in the feared situation and stay with the heightened fear response until it begins to subside, which it will, because it must by design.

Exposure works better than avoidance on the physiological level by bringing about nervous system habituation, which is the physiological antidote to anxiety. But it works better on three other levels as well."

No more fear of puppets...lol
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hypnosis and exposure
    but yeah exposure is the best way to go IMO
    we healing in here lol