Chavis Carter Shooting Ruled Suicide

Options
trilladelic
trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in The Social Lounge
The shooting death of 21-year-old Chavis Carter has been ruled a suicide by the Arkansas State Crime Lab, News Channel 3 in Memphis reports.

RELATED: Chavis Carter Case: Police Release Dash Cam Video From Night Carter Died
http://newsone.com/2031503/chavis-carter-case-police-dash-cam-video/

The autopsy report does not indicate whether or not gun residue was found on his hands.

The report states that Carter suffered a gunshot wound in the right temple and that the cause of death is also based on investigative conclusions by the Jonesboro Police Department.

Carter’s family, however, does not believe he killed himself. His mother says that he was not suicidal.

As NewsOne previously reported, Carter was stopped in a truck along with two White males on the evening of July 29. After questioning, the cops at the scene released the two males but kept Carter because they found marijuana on his person. He also had a warrant out for his arrest in Mississippi.

During the stop, Carter was searched twice, but no gun was found. He was placed in the back of a police squad to be taken to a local police station. At some point, officers said they heard a muffled blast. They went to check on Carter where they said they found him slumped over with blood flowing from his head. Still breathing, Carter was rushed to a local hospital where he later died from his injuries.

The FBI is monitoring the case and will run ballistics testing on the .380-caliber, cobra semi-automatic handgun that took his life.

The two arresting officers on the scene have been placed on paid administrative leave during the investigation into Carter’s death.

smgdh..

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was wondering the whole time where the gun went. The family should demand an independent autopsy.
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? dont make sense..
    how he get frisked 2times,
    cops found weed but no gun..
    handcuff him and put him the back seat of the cop car
    where he supposedly blew his own brains out...
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a left hander shooting himself in the right temple in cuffs in the back of a cop car..

if yall say so..
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is why theres so much hatred towards cops these days. You can't tell me aint no racism in American after this. bro. Not only are these pigs murdering black kids, but THEY'RE GETTING AWAY WITH IT. So the system is obviously just as racist as the cops. I'm sorry, I have no sympathy for any cop that dies. RIP CHAVIS
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is why theres so much hatred towards cops these days. You can't tell me aint no racism in American after this. bro. Not only are these pigs murdering black kids, but THEY'RE GETTING AWAY WITH IT. So the system is obviously just as racist as the cops. I'm sorry, I have no sympathy for any cop that dies. RIP CHAVIS

^^^ and this is how anger distorts reason. generalizing like this is no better than saying religion is bad because some priests are pedophiles or saying black people are criminals because some ? ? .

There are good cops, and there are bad cops (as is there are good people, and there are bad people). The good cops don't need to be ? on because of the bad ones.
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plutarch wrote: »
    and this is how anger distorts reason. generalizing like this is no better than saying religion is bad because some priests are pedophiles or saying black people are criminals because some ? ? .

There are good cops, and there are bad cops (as is there are good people, and there are bad people). The good cops don't need to be ? on because of the bad ones.
    Then you know what, the good cops need to step up and speak out against ? like this. When it becomes obvious the system is being taken advantage of who else can prove wrong doing? The problem is law enforcement is a brotherhood in itself. They'd rather sit & watch they're brothers shoot and ? innocent black folks than incriminate them. No love for cops

• lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shouldn't these officers be fired if this is true. They frisked a guy twice and found no gun. I'm sure other officers are thinking what if the guy started shooting g at the cops instead of himself. Seems like these cops are in incompetent
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Then you know what, the good cops need to step up and speak out against ? like this. When it becomes obvious the system is being taken advantage of who else can prove wrong doing? The problem is law enforcement is a brotherhood in itself.

I agree for the most part. The bolded is very true from what I've seen/heard. That fact is very detrimental to justice. Though there's a lot more that could be said. This situation is more complicated and ambivalent than some would like to admit.
    They'd rather sit & watch they're brothers shoot and ? innocent black folks than incriminate them. No love for cops

1. Yes some cops would rather sit and watch. Not all cops though.

2. I know you didn't say as much, but every black individual "killed" by the cops isn't "innocent."

3. I have no love for bad cops. I actually have the upmost hate for them. But again, I have love for good cops. At least they try.