Backed up nut causes testicular cancer.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    A constant build up of sperm gets women beat
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think it can be beneficial to a point.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 things you didn't know about ?

1. There's no such thing as "abnormal" ? .

Men often wonder if there's something abnormal about the way they ? . But experts are loath to offer specific definitions of "normal" and "abnormal," pointing out that men show great variations in both frequency and technique. "We humans are too diverse to establish a norm," says Betty Dodson, PhD, a New York City-based sexologist and the author of Sex for One. Every man masturbates in his own way, says Martha Cornog, the author of The Big Book of ? , whether he "uses his hands, rubs against something, uses a sex toy or household object, wears special clothing, fantasizes, looks at a book or magazine, tries different positions, or looks in a mirror."

2. ? is very safe -- but not entirely safe.

Unlike sex with a partner, ? can't give you a sexually transmitted disease. Nor will it subject you to the muscle strains, pokes in the eye, and awkward moments that can come with partner sex. But ? safety isn't guaranteed. "? is just about the safest sex there is," says Cornog. "But the laws of physics and biology don't stop operating just because someone is ? ."

Frequent or overly vigorous ? can irritate the skin of the ? , as the average guy knows all too well. Less well known is that habitually ? face down -- for example, by thrusting against a sheet, pillow, or even a carpeted floor -- can injure the urethra in such a way that ? exits the ? not in a stream but in a hard-to-control spray. Barbara Bartlik, MD, a psychiatrist and sex therapist in New York City, says she's seen facedown masturbators with urethral trauma so severe that they are no longer able to use a ? and must urinate while seated.

In certain extremely rare instances, ? and partner sex alike can cause ? fracture. This painful condition -- actually a tear in the tunica albuginea, the whitish tissue surrounding the ? 's spongy layers -- occurs when an ? ? strikes a hard object or is forced downward. A medical emergency, it often necessitates surgery.

3. Solo sex can supercharge your sex life -- or scuttle it.

For various reasons, solo sex can be a real boon to sex with a partner. It helps teach men about their own sexual response -- what feels good to them and what doesn't -- so they will be better able to explain to their partners just how they like to be touched. It helps men learn to recognize the "moment of inevitability" just before orgasm and helps teach them how to avoid premature ? . Perhaps most significant, it's a great coping mechanism for any man whose partner is temporarily unavailable for sex -- because of absence or illness -- or has a sex drive that doesn't quite match his own (something sex therapists call a disparity in frequency preference).

Of course, some men become so obsessed with solo sex that they begin to lose interest in having sex with their partner. The resulting hurt feelings and alienation a partner feels can make it hard to sustain the relationship. But experts are quick to point out that ? is perfectly OK even for men in a committed relationship. "We cannot assume that just because a man masturbates that there is a problem with his primary relationship," says Bartlik.

4. Certain forms of ? can lead to sexual dysfunction.

Experts warn that men who frequently stimulate themselves in ways that don't simulate sex with a partner -- for example, stroking very rapidly or with great pressure or friction -- can develop ? ? . That's a type of sexual dysfunction in which it is difficult or even impossible to ? during partnered sex. "Any man experiencing any sexual dysfunction should ask himself if he's ? in ways that produce sensations that differ from those he gets from his partner's hand, mouth, or ? ," says Michael A. Perelman, PhD, clinical associate professor of psychiatry, reproductive medicine, and urology at Weill Cornell Medical College in New York City and the president of the Society for Sex Therapy and Research "Then he should consider what he could say to her to make the stimulation more similar -- and how he could change the way he masturbates to make it feel more similar to what his partner does."

5. ? may affect the risk for prostate cancer.

The relationship between ? and prostate cancer is a bit hazy.

A 2003 Australian study published in BJU International linked frequent ? early in life with reduced risk for prostatecancer later on. But in a 2004 study published in The Journal of the American Medical Association, a researcher reported that "? frequency is not related to increased risk of prostate cancer." In both these studies, ? frequency included sexual intercourse and ? .

In a later study published in BJU International, researchers found that frequent ? in young men raised the risk for prostate cancer but that frequent ? in older men lowered the risk. Sexual intercourse did not affect prostate cancer risk.

The researchers theorize that it may not be the ? itself which is increasing risk of prostate cancer in men who ? frequently in their 20s and 30s. Men who ? more may do so because they have high levels of male sex hormones -- and young men genetically predisposed to have hormone-sensitive prostate cancer will be at higher risk if they have more male hormones. In men over age 50, the researchers theorize, frequent ? helps drain the prostate of fluids that may contain cancer-causing substances.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Truth is, busting one off whether solo or with a partner weakens you.

Few times ive gone to the gym or any strenous activity after busting one i have been significantly weaker.
  • Lost
    Lost Members Posts: 152
    Options
    Nope, not true. I'm pretty smart and can run fast, yet I ? to keep my libido alive.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • orion4bbw
    orion4bbw Members Posts: 44 ✭✭
    Options
    I don't think it is true ... i have done some MMA and maintained great stamina,

i just cant do it the day of a fight ... lol . but the day before . is fine
  • Bwoahmizzee
    Bwoahmizzee Members Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I heard coke does the same thing

Like half a eight ball and it wont matter if you bust or not

You gonna be ready for the world
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Perfect wrote: »
    Well that's an over simplified summary n ? but that's pretty much what they saying

Is there truth to this?

Nope. There's no connection. There's no medically proven connection between intelligence and ? . A lot of your intelligence and higher level functioning is delegated by regions in your frontal cortex, and as far as I've studied, there is no chemical connection between the functioning of your prostate, testicles, or the stimulus attached to ? and receptors in your frontal cortex.
  • sully
    Options
    Well that's an over simplified summary n ? but that's pretty much what they saying

Is there truth to this?

Nope. There's no connection. There's no medically proven connection between intelligence and ? . A lot of your intelligence and higher level functioning is delegated by regions in your frontal cortex, and as far as I've studied, there is no chemical connection between the functioning of your prostate, testicles, or the stimulus attached to ? and receptors in your frontal cortex.
  • sully
    Options

Is there truth to this?

• sully
    Options

Is there truth to this?

• FieldTripsToTheHood
    FieldTripsToTheHood Members Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    been here for a decade and all you do is post gifs and quadruple post? You're wack b.
  • sully
    Options
    Not my fault the IC is wack.