The Scientific Advancements Thread

Options

Comments

• akomax
    akomax Members Posts: 483 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Wow, this is evil and perverse in the name of Jesus, The devil is coming faster and faster, but ya'll won't hear until you are on your knees and saying Jesus is Lord. Smh and that day you would know you ? up.

You what?...How is this any different from a resuscitator?...or any other type of life preservin' medical breakthrough?...

What gives man the right to change his body and dna? We should just trust in ? . All will be good.

what give you the right to take medicine or to use THE internet ? you know it's the devil's creation...

S.T.F.U
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plutarch wrote: »
    Plutarch wrote: »
    rage wrote: »
    rage wrote: »
    Wow, this is evil and perverse in the name of Jesus, The devil is coming faster and faster, but ya'll won't hear until you are on your knees and saying Jesus is Lord. Smh and that day you would know you ? up.

You what?...How is this any different from a resuscitator?...or any other type of life preservin' medical breakthrough?...

And you want a reason why the Social Lounge is a ghost town...

I wouldnt say that the SL is a ghost town. There's all sorts of intelligent cats who post here regularly. Quantity may not be like it was back then, but there' still some quality here. Problem is that not too many posters post actual threads, and when they do, those threads may not be too relevant. I have plenty of threads I've been wanting to make, just too lazy or busy. Had time today, but ic is messed up so meh.

Gna have to agree with Rage man...When SL was a subforum of the GnS it was bangin'...Now its a deadzone

Oh I either forgot or didnt know that SL was a subforum of GnS. Yeah that would make sense. More exposure that way. Wonder why they changed that. Come to think of it, I forgot all about that religion forum. I just checked it and there's been one post in there all day today?

I still think that there's at least some quality posters here. But I was here back in the old days. I can't remember much, but yeah I know there was a lot more traffic back then.

You kno' what I was very sure it was a subforum, but since you're doubtin' it I'm not too confident any more..lol

Yeah if its true its a massive breakthrough...think about the different applications...could save millions and millions of lives

What the mods should do is merge Social Lounge with GnS, and open another forum for science and dropping knowledge. Then merge the weight loss subforum with the droppin' knowledge forum or make it a subforum of the droppin' knowledge forum and instead of being about weight loss, make it a general health subforum.

SL and GnS are pretty much the same thing nowadays anyway. Merging them would bring a little more traffic to a single forum instead of dividing it between two forums and repeating topics that the same posters are gonna reply to anyway.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    sully wrote: »
    What the mods should do is merge Social Lounge with GnS, and open another forum for science and dropping knowledge.
    yeah, no, terrible idea

• sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    What the mods should do is merge Social Lounge with GnS, and open another forum for science and dropping knowledge.
    yeah, no, terrible idea

lol...u just dont' want your job outsourced.
  • janklow
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    yeah, no, terrible idea
    lol...u just dont' want your job outsourced.
    or i recall there's SUPPOSED to be a difference between the two?

• casper48
    casper48 Members Posts: 0
    Options
    Education is must for progress in life
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man black people need to invent something white people winning.....in a 1000 years what will the black race say about their accomplishments? White people already got alot of pride
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so can i go deep sea swimming?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • janklow
    Options
    massive difference in the "social lounge topics" that show up in the g&s, and the topics that are actually posted in SL...
    them ? that be in g&s is more current events water cooler topics...

SL threads be some ol "i need a degree in govt and economics just to keep up" type ? ...
    plus, there's also the "moderators must once again correct the location of these threads" factor

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the imagination to even think of this...is amazing
  • money23
    money23 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭✭
    Options
    a lot of crazy ? is coming in the future
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Here's another "GOAT" article-
    This robotic snake will slither through your body in search of tumors — and destroy them

By: George Dvorsky

Engineers from OC Robotics in Bristol, U.K., have taken us one step closer to a Prometheus-style med pod — and one that might be just as creepy. At the recently concluded International Conference on Oncological Engineering, the developers unveiled a prototype medical robot that will soon help surgeons reach deep inside of patients without having to open them up.

Once the device is ready for prime time, a surgeon could use it to locate and eradicate tumors. But why did it have to be a snake?

The developers say that this mecha-snake will result in minimally invasive procedures — though that's certainly a claim that's in the eye of the beholder. Once fully developed, the snake will enter the body via a local incision, or, regrettably, through a ? orifice. This will allow surgeons to look and "feel" inside the body. The device will also be equipped with a camera and other sensitive equipment, allowing surgeons to track and guide its progress.

As unsettling as all this might appear, the robotic snake will minimize the need for large and exploratory incisions — which can often be a risky proposition.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • regul8
    regul8 Members Posts: 4
    Options
    Yo thats dope. I wonder how it would take before it becomes available to the public..............probably never...........
  • airspeeze23
    airspeeze23 Members Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? finna be hella bread....NOT covered by medicaid, and NOT available in the hood.
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

pretty mad, makes me skeptical about the government marking everyone though, but if it dissolves then i guess it doesnt matter, but silicone and all that schitt melting into your body doesnt sound helpful haha

• FucktheIC
    FucktheIC Members Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sounds like an air embolism....

great way to die...

Yah, I'm sure the medical doctors and Phd's didn't think about that.......
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I kind of like breathing. It would make me feel lazy.
  • money23
    money23 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? finna be hella bread....NOT covered by medicaid, and NOT available in the hood.

Correct ONLY FOR THE RICH

• S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    About to get my Aquaman on..
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White people take another step ahead of black people
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Expect countries to war underwater in the future
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder if this is gonna be the new blood doping for olympic swimmers.