Vince Young cut by Bufallo Bills

Options
d.green
d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
Ouch.

Bills released QB Vince Young.

Through three preseason games, Young completed 25-of-52 passes (48.1 percent) for 276 yards, with no touchdowns and two interceptions. This comes on the heels of a disastrous season 2011 season in Philadelphia which saw him compile a 60.8 passer rating in six appearances. If Young can't succeed under quarterback gurus Andy Reid and Chan Gailey, he's in big trouble. Tarvaris Jackson, acquired via trade Sunday, will be Ryan Fitzpatrick's backup.

Comments

• Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • your flyness
    your flyness Members Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    Options
    He looked bad the other day. Watched that game and I cringed both times he threw those int's.... Not a big fan but I would like to see dude get another shot. If Tebow is a backup Vince can get another run.
  • Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Jack never loses... he just does a little bit worse.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I hate to say it but Vince is done. White scrub QB's like Luke McCown who hasn't accomplished nearly half of what Vince has done in the NFL can get jobs with ease.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn when ? say suicide watch this the only time they aint jokin lmao

Tough break ? But I dont get it. Young is better than Tavaris Jackson....

Right?
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Right?

NO

• Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options

Right?

he ran in to the same problem all young overhyped QBs get. people talk about all them "wins" his TEAM got, but dont look at his actual performance in them wins

ill take a productive cam newton/peyton manning with lots of losses and good learning experience over a vince young/tim tebow "he's a gamer" ? . them "wins" actually stunt their growth because they wont take the same time and effort and have the same drive to really learn their craft.

• Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont know which is worse being cut by another team or being replaced by tavaris jackson for a back-up role.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when tavaris jackson is a better QB than you, its time to commit that
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vince Young bout to call T.O. to setup a double suicide.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    major pain wrote: »
    Vince Young bout to call T.O. to setup a double suicide.

*dead*....
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    vince young bout to move back to Houston and get addicted to that purple stuff
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [IMG]http://sphotos-b.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/382604_2639188855733_1327932035_n.jpg[/IMG]
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    leinhart and young

bustalicious
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So vince took his team to the playoffs, was rookie of the year, went to the pro bowl, had a coach who never wanted him and still has a well over .500 winning percentage but he cant get a legit run?

But Kolb, Sanchez, Alex Smith, Rex Grossman, Matt Flynn ect havent won or accomplished anything but they get every chance possible to succeed or get awarded huge contracts for being back ups.....

I know the "mental breakdown" thing wasnt a good look but damn Jeff Fischer really ? up my ? career
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So vince took his team to the playoffs, was rookie of the year, went to the pro bowl, had a coach who never wanted him and still has a well over .500 winning percentage but he cant get a legit run?

But Kolb, Sanchez, Alex Smith, Rex Grossman, Matt Flynn ect havent won or accomplished anything but they get every chance possible to succeed or get awarded huge contracts for being back ups.....

I know the "mental breakdown" thing wasnt a good look but damn Jeff Fischer really ? up my ? career

Young ? up his career by being ass

Alex Smith,Sanchez, and Grossman went deeper in the playoffs than VY will ever go btw

VY shouldnt have been ROY or went to the pro bowl that year so those accomplishments dont mean ?
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    how much you wanna bet he got his uncle or cousin or some family member serving as his agent
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? go to the pro bowl every year, b
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    Jamaica wrote: »
    I hate to say it but Vince is done. White scrub QB's like Luke McCown who hasn't accomplished nearly half of what Vince has done in the NFL can get jobs with ease.
    As long as you are white and a QB you will keep a job in the NFL.Being a back up QB has to be the safest position for white men in any sport.
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    R.D. wrote: »

Young ? up his career by being ass

Alex Smith,Sanchez, and Grossman went deeper in the playoffs than VY will ever go btw

VY shouldnt have been ROY or went to the pro bowl that year so those accomplishments dont mean ?

Yall are missing the point Im trying to make
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ill take it even further... seeing how folk want Tebow to get to run the spread option in the pros to "maximize his talent and strengths... Why wasnt Vince given that same opportunity with the zone read spread in the pros? He had to become a prototypical pocket qb or was a failure while other guys now ie Cam,RG3/Tebow get the luxury to have their systems changed and fit for their strengths.... Vince is a proven winner u cant erase or take away what he did and the wins he got in TN. Just shows u how Fisher ? him up