Vince Young cut by Bufallo Bills

2»

Comments

• southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly, dude could never gain any type of confidence of momentum because he thought at every incomplete pass we would be benches for Kerry Collins.
  • MrLunatik1979
    MrLunatik1979 Members Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭
    Young should sign with a CFL team and try and resurrect his career. The CFL has been a good stepping stone for more than a few players.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thread worthy?

I think not.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    all these weak ass teams (bucks,browns,Jacksonville) and Vince can't even be a back up 4 those teams? smh..
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXrrFx7ifQo

stephen a smith spoke the truth about vince young
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? always wanna justify wack ? by pointing out that theres other wack ? out there

if he wasnt wack ? , he'd still be on the roster....so what there's other wack ? out there

they proably wasnt hyped and carrying a 2 mill price tag
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aneed123 wrote: »
    So vince took his team to the playoffs, was rookie of the year, went to the pro bowl, had a coach who never wanted him and still has a well over .500 winning percentage but he cant get a legit run?

But Kolb, Sanchez, Alex Smith, Rex Grossman, Matt Flynn ect havent won or accomplished anything but they get every chance possible to succeed or get awarded huge contracts for being back ups.....

I know the "mental breakdown" thing wasnt a good look but damn Jeff Fischer really ? up my ? career

Ill take it even further... seeing how folk want Tebow to get to run the spread option in the pros to "maximize his talent and strengths... Why wasnt Vince given that same opportunity with the zone read spread in the pros? He had to become a prototypical pocket qb or was a failure while other guys now ie Cam,RG3/Tebow get the luxury to have their systems changed and fit for their strengths.... Vince is a proven winner u cant erase or take away what he did and the wins he got in TN. Just shows u how Fisher ? him up

tebow will be out the league in another 2 years also when his "he wins games" luster starts to fade and everyone realizes he's just a ? QB

• jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vince had too many people telling him how great he was. And the minute the fans booed him he didnt know how to handle it. VY should of hit up mcnabb about handling gettin booed and havin fans turn on you. Lol. mcnabb was booed into the nfl and booed out of it. Smh.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    I'm sorry, but its time for you Vince Young stans to give it up. This dude was the worst Eagles QB of the Andy Reid era. Reid has shown he can make ANY QB look good. He made A.J Feeley and Kevin Kolb look good enough that other teams were willing to trade the farm for them cuz thought they could be franchise QBs lmao.

All those points ya'll make about him winning games and blah blah blah is the exact same ? Reid cited in press conferences after signing him.........a wealth of offensive weapons, a QB guru head coach that believed in him.........and he couldn't do ANYTHING with all that.

and cats still making excuses for this ? .......
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but its time for you Vince Young stans to give it up. This dude was the worst Eagles QB of the Andy Reid era. Reid has shown he can make ANY QB look good. He made A.J Feeley and Kevin Kolb look good enough that other teams were willing to trade the farm for them cuz thought they could be franchise QBs lmao.

All those points ya'll make about him winning games and blah blah blah is the exact same ? Reid cited in press conferences after signing him.........a wealth of offensive weapons, a QB guru head coach that believed in him.........and he couldn't do ANYTHING with all that.

i cant cosign that. I saw him beat the giants last year when given the opportunity. When Vince was allowed to start in his career he produced period. He played 1 year with Philly and only got a handful of games.....
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012

i cant cosign that. I saw him beat the giants last year when given the opportunity. When Vince was allowed to start in his career he produced period. He played 1 year with Philly and only got a handful of games.....

yeah i'll admit i totally forgot about that. All I can remember is him throwing amazingly bad interceptions and crying on the sideline lol. And he did better than Kafka........so there's that. Still. smh @ Koy Detmer having better numbers. (and that was back when the WRs were Arena League quality)
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator

He did play well in that Giants game. He even led the game winning drive. I hope somebody gives him a shot.