Sebastian Telfair...what went wrong?

Options
Vader_F_Kennedy
Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
i was watchin his through the wire doc and dude had talent out the ass but why didnt it translate to the nba do you think he should have went to college to develop alil more or was it his lack of work ethic/

sebastian-telfair-and-lebron-james.jpg

telfair.bmp

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    He still is ballin so nothing. for starters he could have went to college, he was small and hand no jumpshot but he has become serviceable
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wtf is up with all these "where are they now" "what happened" threads...
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    @playmaker88 where is he now?

@coop idk just wanted to know what yall thought about bass! thx for your participation tho
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1.no jumpshot
    2. too small
    3. thinks because he can make rucker park fans get hype that that will translate in the nba
    4. doesnt know how to run a team
    5. no leadership skills

all in all im surprised he's managed to put his ego in check and become a backup
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Hes with the Phoenix suns
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sometimes players just aren't good enough
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He still got a run right? Whats the problem? Not everybody is going to be Chris or Deron.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    He still got a run right? Whats the problem? Not everybody is going to be Chris or Deron.

i get that but ppl thought he would be a star
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    1.no jumpshot
    2. too small
    3. thinks because he can make rucker park fans get hype that that will translate in the nba
    4. doesnt know how to run a team
    5. no leadership skills

all in all im surprised he's managed to put his ego in check and become a backup

all dis rite chea i'll neva forget how excited i was when he got traded to Boston after an underwhelming year in Portland i thought he was gon be our star point guard smh man Bassy was some ? he was behind D West & Rondo eventually
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    going pro probably stunted his growth as a PG plus all the family distractions.....should of went to college to develop his skills and confidence..notice no other PG went straight to the pro's before or after him, yea there's a reason for that..........but last i checked he was a good back up and still making good money, he could be in a lot worse situation.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's still in the league, despite him being a disappointment. Its too late for him to be a star, just a nice role player.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pretty much with every top 5 high school player everybody says they will be a star but thats not very likely. Everybody cant be a star. I mean look at johnny flynn from syracuse. Dude I think is out the league now or about to be.

But I mean his career is nothing to be ashamed of. He probably living good and better than ? who got good jobs after college so hes still winning.

But only thing bassy should've done was goto college for a year or two. Cuz in that entire documentary on him I think dude made one jumper
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    edited August 2012
    Options
    dead at one jumper!

that documentary was pretty good it was funny when he bought his coach a benz and his brother a chrysler 300 ? called it a baby bently
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Rage if they work on they game they could be
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The problem was everyone gassing him up some ppl thought he would be just as good or better than Starbury....that didnt turn out so good
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    not gone front when he came to cleveland and we still had bron im like awww ? its going dowwn! .......then it didnt
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    sometimes players just aren't good enough

he just wasnt that nice to begin with

slick handle =/= good ball player. otherwise hotsauce would get a run

• rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vader wrote: »

Rucker Park scouts don't count. Dude went 13th in a draft where some dude named Shaun Livingston went 4th.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    ? was overatted. talented enough to be just a regular nba journymen but just wasn't the physical beast that Bron became. * Shrugs *
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he's still collecting a check in the NBA, so nothing imo
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vader wrote: »

Rucker Park scouts don't count. Dude went 13th in a draft where some dude named Shaun Livingston went 4th.

he was another fresh outta high school player he was supposed to be a 6'7 point guard wit hella versatility. his career was altered by one of da nastiest knee injuries eva he's still in da league tho
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His environment went wrong IMO, dude was on his way to Louisville until someone got popped in his apartment complex during his Senior year. After that, I think he just worried about getting to league and getting his family out of that living situation.

He probably would have learned to expand his game in college under Pitino, but ? just happened and he did what he thought was best for his family...

But he's still in the NBA and getting paid, so he's doing well enough...

• DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember Livingston was gettin to be nice before that injury. I saw the replay of it and wish I didn't look. makes my ? leg hurt just gettin the flashback of when I saw it happen on tv