Sebastian Telfair...what went wrong?

Options

Comments

• WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Livingston was on his was to being a top PG before that knee injury he had great vision. Teflair was always overrated to me I bet adidas still mad about giving him that 13 mill.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Weed. Period.

My boy played Trailblazer summer league with him back in the day and he said he walked around in a cloud of Kush all day/A-Day.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Livingston was nice, he still dunking too on that bad wheel
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ? is basically Raefar Austin without the overbite.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What went wrong?

His talent level.
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options

Livingston was on his was to being a top PG before that knee injury he had great vision. Teflair was always overrated to me I bet adidas still mad about giving him that 13 mill.

TOP PG? naw idk about all that he still had a lot of wholes in his game, he was still lacking a outside shoot and struggled defensively...his court vision was top notch though...
    either way its a miracle he came back with half the ability he had....

lol i just noticed his injury video is completely deleted off of youtube

• DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    Vader wrote: »
    He still got a run right? Whats the problem? Not everybody is going to be Chris or Deron.

i get that but ppl thought he would be a star

Rucker Park scouts don't count. Dude went 13th in a draft where some dude named Shaun Livingston went 4th.

I didn't believe in the Knee Collector until that dude named Shaun came around and got ? up ....................u didn't have to have a previous injury, after seeing that ? , you was wincing like you ? up your leg right there........

• rakim ii
    rakim ii Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I never really understood all the hype he had. I was never impressed
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nothing went wrong. He is what he is and hype overrated him. He is a small point guard who isnt athletic like AI or KJ or Marbury were.... He cant shoot. So in the NBA he was only gonna be a back up type pg ala Jaque Vaugh type. HE is still in the league so he good.
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sebastian set out what he wanted to do and that was get his family out the projects. Not saying he never had any aspirations of being a top player in the nba....but when you watch the doc you can see how badly he wanted to move his folk out.

Staying in college a few years would've meant another year or more for his family in the ghetto.
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    way overhyped. couldnt shoot for ? .
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

LMAO dudes best season before the injure was 9, 5 and 3 and playing 30 minutes a game. He was doing those same numbers in Oklahoma in 09.

Dude was a higher and better prospect than Sebastian Telfair....and he aint ? . The dude picked after Sebastian is Kris Humphries. Telfair is actually doing quite well for himself all things considered.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^^^^u cant hold da way Livingston's career is rite now against him, its unfair to call him a bust cuz its amazing he's still walkin after dat leg injury
  • rage
    Options
    ^^^^^^u cant hold da way Livingston's career is rite now against him, its unfair to call him a bust cuz its amazing he's still walkin after dat leg injury

What are you talking about? Dude is basically the same player he was before the injury. Which is 9 points, 5 assists amd 3 rebounds a game....in 30 minutes.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    see the things is in everyones town across america there is a kid that "is going to the nba" times that by thousands.... when you get to reality a very small portion of "the greatest player you seen growing up" actually has the true skill, and the will to even goto college and make something for themselves let alone.. make it to the nba... So yeah more things went right for Sebastian than went wrong... because he is still in the league and has done some life and game maturation along the way
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    didnt he get robbed by one of fabs dudes
  • BlackAX410
    Options

What are you talking about? Dude is basically the same player he was before the injury. Which is 9 points, 5 assists amd 3 rebounds a game....in 30 minutes.

u was talkin bout how he aint ? ijs his career got altered nd u cant hold it againt him
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vader wrote: »
    He still got a run right? Whats the problem? Not everybody is going to be Chris or Deron.

i get that but ppl thought he would be a star

Rucker Park scouts don't count. Dude went 13th in a draft where some dude named Shaun Livingston went 4th.

I didn't believe in the Knee Collector until that dude named Shaun came around and got ? up ....................u didn't have to have a previous injury, after seeing that ? , you was wincing like you ? up your leg right there........

zu4jkh.jpg
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
  • jaemooms
    jaemooms Members Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Anybody who says Livingston is the same player that he was pre-injury shouldn't be talkin sports...

It's a blessing everytime he runs up the court.
  • rage
    Options

u was talkin bout how he aint ? ijs his career got altered nd u cant hold it againt him

How can his career be altered when he is averaging the same numbers he was before the injury. Im not saying he's ? ...he is who he is a 9 and 5 guy. Ain't nothing wrong with it...that's the whole point of this thread right?
  • BlackAX410
    Options

How can his career be altered when he is averaging the same numbers he was before the injury. Im not saying he's ? ...he is who he is a 9 and 5 guy. Ain't nothing wrong with it...that's the whole point of this thread right?

i cant co-sign Livingston had more quickness nd athleticism before dat injury
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    where tha ? is the LOL button when u need it! ? stay on disappear mode smh
  • rage
    Options

i cant co-sign Livingston had more quickness nd athleticism before dat injury

If you want a comparison....check out what the point guard that was taken in the 2005 draft at #4 did. Dude was never going to be a top tier PG.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    so how yall feel about waiters being paird with kyrie good or not gonna work?