Iphone users, what are you expecting from the Iphone 5?

Options

Comments

• Los216
    Los216 Members Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I expect to see people camping out like they do for every new phone
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i wonder what all the apple people will say now that the phone has gotten bigger in size...this was one of the same things people love to knock the galaxy phones for...being too big and now the iphone has increased in size...

I got to ? with my friend's galaxy phone over the weekend, and I gotta say while the phone is bulky in size navigation through the os, browser and the likes is much easier with a larger screen that can accommodate more widgets and icons.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's wide as ? though b, specially compared to my compact iphone
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MrSoutCity wrote: »
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    you missed his point...iphone is notorious for adding one upgraded feature per phone...

it took em this long to make it bigger

it took em this long to up the screen resolution

iphone users, no ? , are the biggest dummies when it comes to tech

its like a ? sold you a car with no steering wheel but then sells you another one, at full price, with steering wheel

Exactly my point.
    rage wrote: »
    you missed his point...iphone is notorious for adding one upgraded feature per phone...

its like a ? sold you a car with no steering wheel but then sells you another one, at full price, with steering wheel

This is such horseshit....EVERY SINGLY PHONE/TECH/CAR Company does the exact same thing. So your telling me there is no difference between the Samsung Galaxy S2 and the S3? No difference between the Droid X and the Droid Whatever the ? came before it?

Secondly the iPhone's resolution has been one of the highest in screen...? HISTORY. Its 326ppi was only beaten 2 years after it was released. Apple only has one phone the iPhone...they release a new one once every year. So of course they add new features when a new product is released. ? fandroids get dumber by the second. Enjoy your "open" Android 2.2.2 or whatever you guys are stuck on...BECAUSE SAMSUNG or HTC or MOTOROLA, or Verizon, or AT&T or whoever dictates when you guys can upgrade.

? list all the iphones and their so called new features. I will wait......

Why are you ? dodging the fact that there is a Samsung Galaxy S3 and a Galaxy S2....what's the difference between two?

Please, every single one of these android phones got birthed by the iPhone. ? would still be rocking clamshells and slide outs if it wasn't for the iPhone.
  • rage
    Options
    Cain1 wrote: »
    MobTown wrote: »
    Dont all carriers dictate when you can upgrade?

No...with Android (aside from the Nexus line) you are dependant on the Manufacturer and then the Carrier. With iOS whenever Apple releases the update you can update. It has nothing to do with who your with.

Both have some truth to your statements. The great thing about Android you can basically upgrade your device on your own terms. I have the sgs3 and will be putting Jelly Bean on it later tonight.

On your own terms? As opposed to iOS how? Anybody can update their iPhones anytime they want as well.
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Exactly my point.

This is such horseshit....EVERY SINGLY PHONE/TECH/CAR Company does the exact same thing. So your telling me there is no difference between the Samsung Galaxy S2 and the S3? No difference between the Droid X and the Droid Whatever the ? came before it?

Secondly the iPhone's resolution has been one of the highest in screen...? HISTORY. Its 326ppi was only beaten 2 years after it was released. Apple only has one phone the iPhone...they release a new one once every year. So of course they add new features when a new product is released. ? fandroids get dumber by the second. Enjoy your "open" Android 2.2.2 or whatever you guys are stuck on...BECAUSE SAMSUNG or HTC or MOTOROLA, or Verizon, or AT&T or whoever dictates when you guys can upgrade.

Why are you ? dodging the fact that there is a Samsung Galaxy S3 and a Galaxy S2....what's the difference between two?

Please, every single one of these android phones got birthed by the iPhone. ? would still be rocking clamshells and slide outs if it wasn't for the iPhone.

bruh I ain't one of the fan boys as they would say it. I only.? with the phone I have or I will research the phone I want. So I don't know ? about to s2 because I don't give a ? about. But I had an iPhone and them ? was holding back simple ? like sending mms, recording videos.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lol aw ? don't bring in the "they do it too" argument

If iphone users knew what Steve Jobs thought of his consumers (bumbling idiots who need things simplified for them) then you wouldn't be down with it

Don't get mad bruh...why else Apple sued Samsung? That S3 (word to my thread) is knocking Apple out the box.

No...with Android (aside from the Nexus line) you are dependant on the Manufacturer and then the Carrier. With iOS whenever Apple releases the update you can update. It has nothing to do with who your with.

Both have some truth to your statements. The great thing about Android you can basically upgrade your device on your own terms. I have the sgs3 and will be putting Jelly Bean on it later tonight.

^and that's what makes it so gangsta bruh...

you are limited by Apple's idea that the consumers are dumb

get your Steve Jobs knowledge game up...

iphone is a slick ass playskool "my first smartphone" device
  • MrSoutCity
    Options
    My mom went from the Samsung Captivate to the iPhone 4s and she is mad at me for not talking her out of copping the the iPhone.
  • rage
    Options

Exactly my point.

bruh I ain't one of the fan boys as they would say it. I only.? with the phone I have or I will research the phone I want. So I don't know ? about to s2 because I don't give a ? about. But I had an iPhone and them ? was holding back simple ? like sending mms, recording videos.

Just because you say this ? doesn't make it actually true.
  • rage
    Options

If iphone users knew what Steve Jobs thought of his consumers (bumbling idiots who need things simplified for them) then you wouldn't be down with it

Don't get mad bruh...why else Apple sued Samsung? That S3 (word to my thread) is knocking Apple out the box.

LMAO again nothing in this post is actual facts... I love how fandroids consistently have to make up lies and ? to make a point.
  • rage
    Options
    My mom went from the Samsung Captivate to the iPhone 4s and she is mad at me for not talking her out of copping the the iPhone.

My uncles' baby mother's cousin's daughter went from the original iPhone to the Samsung Galaxy Nexus S15 Droid and thought it was a knock piece of junk.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Since Samsung were convicted of stealing software from apple, is it not fair to say that there is no Samsung smart phone without Iphone paving the way....???
  • rage
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    Since Samsung were convicted of stealing software from apple, is it not fair to say that there is no Samsung smart phone without Iphone paving the way....???

samsung-phones-before-and-after-iphones.jpeg
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options
    And I quote Steve Jobs "All great artists steal from other artists"

Originality of design isn't awarded to iphone, no matter what courts say

That law is so vague, anything can be brought to the forefront as a copy of a design
  • rage
    edited September 2012
    Options
    And I quote Steve Jobs "All great artists steal from other artists"

Originality of design isn't awarded to iphone, no matter what courts say

That law is so vague, anything can be brought to the forefront as a copy of a design

LOL....yeah ok ? ...way to cop them pleas now. Samsung/Motorola/Google straight STOLE Apple's entire phone concept. The phones, Android (which looked like the BB OS before 2007) are nothing but straight bootlegs.

Android_before_after_iphone_tekgadg.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1320809333019
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options

LMAO again nothing in this post is actual facts... I love how fandroids consistently have to make up lies and ? to make a point.

you missing the point on some ol fanboy war ? . Which it isn't. If you know Apple, their tech and belief of the simplicity of the end user...you would know what I'm talking about.

I studied both phones before purchasing and realize the restrictions that iphone offer.

It's solely doing well due to its stat quo. Apple has always been a stat quo. Doesn't mean their tech is ahead of the game or behind it.

It's not made up lies or ? . Iphone is constricted because the company always believed users like you to be utterly dumb. End users don't want to know how to work the system, they just want to turn on and do whatever.

I know you gotta iphone and you believe that ? is the truth. You will still believe it even after this post. But if you would set aside your ignorance on tech, you will see that iphone is a straight up gimmick in more ways than one.

I have more options with my android, more speed, more res, more screen real estate than your iphone.

And nothing is ? with the S3 right now bruh. That's not fanboyism. That's just knowing the tech behind both smartphones b.

• rage
    Options

you missing the point on some ol fanboy war ? . Which it isn't. If you know Apple, their tech and belief of the simplicity of the end user...you would know what I'm talking about.

I studied both phones before purchasing and realize the restrictions that iphone offer.

It's solely doing well due to its stat quo. Apple has always been a stat quo. Doesn't mean their tech is ahead of the game or behind it.

It's not made up lies or ? . Iphone is constricted because the company always believed users like you to be utterly dumb. End users don't want to know how to work the system, they just want to turn on and do whatever.

I know you gotta iphone and you believe that ? is the truth. You will still believe it even after this post. But if you would set aside your ignorance on tech, you will see that iphone is a straight up gimmick in more ways than one.

I have more options with my android, more speed, more res, more screen real estate than your iphone.

And nothing is ? with the S3 right now bruh. That's not fanboyism. That's just knowing the tech behind both smartphones b.

What a load of absolute horseshit...again.

First of Steve Jobs never assumed the consumer was dumb...this is where you apple haters and most "tech nerds" have completely lost the point of technology. Technology is supposed to make life simpler and easier...not more complicated. Jobs understood this, he understood that the general populace doesnt give two ? how many teraflops a processor can handle or how many pixels are in your resolution. People care that their phones do what they want them to do as fast as possible and their screens are as clear as possible. People just want to use their phones like anything else in their lives, toasters, fridges, TVs etc. "Dumb" has nothing to do with it. Do you know how a ? heart transplant or how your DVD or Plasma TV works? No, does that make you "dumb" or just not well informed about that particular topic.

The Galaxy S3 that was released two months ago is faster and better than a phone released a year ago? SHOCKING NEWS!! STOP THE PRESS! Halt the DNC and the general election...we have earth shattering news. A brand new phone...is better than one that was released a year ago.

Stop it.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options
    ? I couldn't read any further when you said "Steve Jobs never assumed the consumer was dumb"

You never heard the infamous line uttered by Steve Jobs???

"It's not the consumers job to know what they want"

I'm not just talking ? to talk ? ...like I said ? , I did my research...

Look that line up that bolded line bruh and get educated
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options
    ? Im not hating but here's an excerpt from an article on Steve Jobs vision and how he masterminded the market with ipod and then iphone...

Jobs denied what is perhaps the most closely held article of faith of the information age: that openness and the wisdom of crowds are essential for successful technological systems. Under his leadership, Apple produced "closed" systems—devices whose basic functions could not be altered—and consumers loved them. "It's not the consumer's job to know what they want," Jobs once famously said. Though an ex-hippie, he proved to be a throwback to an earlier age of top-down leadership: A direct line runs from Henry Ford's Model T to the iPad. To Jobs, Apple's systems are always open—in the sense that their uses can be adapted to an owner's needs and desires. But as iTunes demonstrates, Apple's ability to control the content, the applications, and the purchase opportunities on its mobile devices is far greater than anything carried off by its rivals.

source:
    http://spectrum.ieee.org/computing/hardware/steve-jobs-in-four-easy-steps
  • rage
    Options
    ? Im not hating but here's an excerpt from an article on Steve Jobs vision and how he masterminded the market with ipod and then iphone...

Jobs denied what is perhaps the most closely held article of faith of the information age: that openness and the wisdom of crowds are essential for successful technological systems. Under his leadership, Apple produced "closed" systems—devices whose basic functions could not be altered—and consumers loved them. "It's not the consumer's job to know what they want," Jobs once famously said. Though an ex-hippie, he proved to be a throwback to an earlier age of top-down leadership: A direct line runs from Henry Ford's Model T to the iPad. To Jobs, Apple's systems are always open—in the sense that their uses can be adapted to an owner's needs and desires. But as iTunes demonstrates, Apple's ability to control the content, the applications, and the purchase opportunities on its mobile devices is far greater than anything carried off by its rivals.

source:
    http://spectrum.ieee.org/computing/hardware/steve-jobs-in-four-easy-steps

Are you intentionally being dense? Where in that entire paragraph does it say that Steve thinks consumers are "dumb". When you go see a dentist is it your job to know "what you want" or is it his job to evaluate you and tell you what you need? When you go to invest money do you know where you want to invest or is that the job of the financial planner? When you get knocked, do you know what type of legal loop holes your going to use or is the lawyer going to provide that for you?

You are intentionally hating because you think you have some knowledge about technology so everybody else who just wants their computers, phones, etc to just work without having to worry about "rooting" "processor speeds" "screen resolutions" and all that other nerd garbage is dumb. Its no different from a bunch of dentists laughing at you and calling you dumb, because you don't know what kind of ceramic is used in a bridge.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr Chemix hating on the phone that birthed his current phone....lol
  • MrSoutCity
    Options

Exactly my point.

So you saying that the iPhone 3g could send mms(when it was first released) and record video???

Which software did they steal? I taught the case was about design?
  • MrSoutCity
    Options
    @rage in here talking about fandroid when that ? is the only fan in here. Like I said before I had the iPhone 3g, it was fun at first but got wack real quick. No video recorder, you needed to jailbreak and install a special app to send mms. Only thing I like about the iPhone and still do is the music player. Apple releases the exact same phone twice with a software update and a S.
  • rage
    Options

Exactly my point.

So you saying that the iPhone 3g could send mms(when it was first released) and record video???

Which software did they steal? I taught the case was about design?

MMS was readily available for the iPhone...IF YOU WERENT WITH AT&T. In Canada on Rogers you could send MMS. And if you wanted video recording you bought an app, not a jailbreak app...just an app it was called iVideoRecorder. Secondly thats the entire point of the iPhone...the unmatched app selection gives you any sort of functionality you want. Let me know when Android gets this "feature"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoKTII0esPM

They didnt lose on design, they lost on software. Two major ones are the pinch to zoom and bounce back scrolling. You had Samsung execs in emails and video straight up saying they wanted to copy the iPhone's UI and interface.