Semi-Pro Football

Options

Comments

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A friend of mine tried to talk me into that ? a few years ago. The best leagues have "cash pots" for teams that win the 'ship so you get to split if you win.

But I agree, it ain't worth it. Maybe something like Arena or UFL, but not those bootleg pay-in leagues.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A friend of mine tried to talk me into that ? a few years ago. The best leagues have "cash pots" for teams that win the 'ship so you get to split if you win.

But I agree, it ain't worth it. Maybe something like Arena or UFL, but not those bootleg pay-in leagues.

Well that's because u can actually work your way to a NFL camp invite and go from there .....but semi-Pro like in the vid? ? That LOL ...
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd honestly just rather play backyard football with my friends.

? all that ? about having to carry my dead teammates jersey while i'm wearing my own big ass t-shirt with a number spray painted on to it

dm_120828_otl_semi_pro_football.jpg
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    But to keep it 1,000, this is really no different from how we used to play when I was a kid.

When I was in the 6th and 7th grade we would play in pads after practice against high school players who were getting out of practice around the same time. Nobody over 18 was even around, and ? was hittin' to ? . lol
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But to keep it 1,000, this is really no different from how we used to play when I was a kid.

When I was in the 6th and 7th grade we would play in pads after practice against high school players who were getting out of practice around the same time. Nobody over 18 was even around, and ? was hittin' to ? . lol

wish somebody had knock the ? outta your OU delusional fandom outta yo head

and to think you could had been a Okey Lite fan after that...............................................

• greenwood1921
    Options

and to think you could had been a Okey Lite fan after that...............................................

I got hit so hard one time I couldn't hear for like 30 seconds....

....? was woat. U don't know nothin' bout that tho. lol
  • Matt-
    Options
    http://youtu.be/xbp-RMUt95U

"athleticism really don't have a place out here"
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    I'd honestly just rather play backyard football with my friends.

? all that ? about having to carry my dead teammates jersey while i'm wearing my own big ass t-shirt with a number spray painted on to it

dm_120828_otl_semi_pro_football.jpg

Somebody loan Matt 250 right quick.
  • Matt-
    Options
    rofl.

"now you scared to punch a ? in this ? ?? get the ? outta here NOW!!!!"
    http://youtu.be/9Qq58fEU1B0

• Spike Hammersmith
    Spike Hammersmith Members Posts: 5
    Options
    ive played for a few years....there are leagues that are well ran...then there are leagues that seem like you're playing backyard ball wit pads on...i owuldnt recomend playin in a league they just plays hood teams...they usually where you get hurt at....
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? that I rather okay YMCA adult league ball or bowl
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^^^play I meant damn cell phone
  • Matt-
    Options
    ive played for a few years....there are leagues that are well ran...then there are leagues that seem like you're playing backyard ball wit pads on...i owuldnt recomend playin in a league they just plays hood teams...they usually where you get hurt at....

man. i'm glad you said that. for a few minutes i was actually thinking how doing that would be a pretty good idea.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Here it is for those who didn't see it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU0FWKXoP38

Exactly what I thought it was going to be....a bunch of talentless psychos trying to relive their glory days in Pop Warner.

And what the ? is "pro" about this? Last I checked the definition of PROFESSIONAL SPORTS was YOU got paid...not the other way around.
  • Spike Hammersmith
    Options

man. i'm glad you said that. for a few minutes i was actually thinking how doing that would be a pretty good idea.

nah.... the players usually inexperienced....teams only have like 20 players ...linemen be like 5' 9" 190 lbs... ? dangerous...play for a team you have to tryout for...
  • Matt-
    Options

nah.... the players usually inexperienced....teams only have like 20 players ...linemen be like 5' 9" 190 lbs... ? dangerous...play for a team you have to tryout for...

aye you got 2 posts

did you sign up just to post in this thread?
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rofl.

This at least looks like it's ran much better and more competititve
  • Spike Hammersmith
    Options

aye you got 2 posts

did you sign up just to post in this thread?

ctfu!!! Nah....i had one a while ago...but it dont let me login on it..i was.never on here heavy tho...
  • Matt-
    Options
    rofl.

This at least looks like it's ran much better and more competititve

yeah the magic city bulls are nice. their league doesn't let all these 40 year old truck drivers on the teams. its alot of guys a few years removed from college or high school
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kushington wrote: »
    People are dying from that unregulated semi pro ?

I'd rather play baseball
    Kushington wrote: »
    People are dying from that unregulated semi pro ?

I'd rather play baseball

i'd rather play golf

rather play bones
  • SocialAssassinRati
    SocialAssassinRati Members Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah I did play semi pro basketball though for a team in the PacNW area and we made the playoffs and the team owner told the coach to throw the game because either he didn't have the money to pay us or he didn't want to pay us our playoff bonuses. So we won first game and he told coach to tank the second dude was making 2K12 Myplayer like subs and ? …we lost like ? . I guess he had a guilty conscious about it because we were dumbfounded as to why he made some of the calls and rotation decisions he made. He got fired and sent us all a group text message coming clean about it.

I know I had a homeboy that played Semi-pro FB and he out chea living bummy as hell. He's the starting ILB. He's pretty much responsible for his own gear in every capacity.
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Here it is for those who didn't see it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU0FWKXoP38
    lmao @ 0:50

• SocialAssassinRati
    SocialAssassinRati Members Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I got hit so hard one time I couldn't hear for like 30 seconds….

Man in HS...my homeboy got hit so hard on the opening kickoff he quit the team soon as he got up…and it was an away game lol…dude came back to the bench and told everybody ? this ? pretty much…it was awkward af with him just sitting there not hurt looking mad the entire game
  • Mr.Bocario
    Mr.Bocario Members Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
    Options
    After watching the OTL. It looks like there is nothing fun, or logical about playing semi-pro football
  • greenwood1921
    Options

I got hit so hard one time I couldn't hear for like 30 seconds….

Man in HS...my homeboy got hit so hard on the opening kickoff he quit the team soon as he got up…and it was an away game lol…dude came back to the bench and told everybody ? this ? pretty much…it was awkward af with him just sitting there not hurt looking mad the entire game

lmaooooooooo

We would've made that ? walk home. And the rest of the school year would have been like OZ for that ? (minus the ? ). lol