NBA approves Nets color scheme and jerseys on behalf of Jay-Z

Options
Agrv2385
Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
Its looks like despite the fact jay has a small stake in the nets his influnce still greatly impacts the team and the way they do business. Im at work so i cant post the pics of the jersey but they in my avi if u wanna check um out.

[Jay-Z] helped design the team logos and choose the team's stark black-and-white color scheme and personally appealed to National Basketball Association officials to drop their objections to it (the N.B.A., according to a person with knowledge of the discussion, thought that African-American athletes did not look good on TV in black)
"Yes, there was resistance but it was approved They had three color schemes in which black was period. I was told it took a couple of calls to the second call again to make the case in which they to place some faith in Jay." ( Launch Magazine)

Net%20Deron%20Williams%20white%20jersey.jpg

1208030851321100.jpg

YOUR WELCOME

-uptown

Comments

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How is this reason related?
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder if the Nets is gonna be a hometeam I can root for. Because the Knicks is trash.

• Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Nile Gambino
    Nile Gambino Members Posts: 934 ✭✭✭
    Options
    those jerseys are the best they will sell like big time.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    all that Net ? is selling out them ? is caking
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why would people think that color scheme wouldn't sell, the LA Kings and Raiders uniforms consistently sells. Black and white goes with every thing and it's street wear approved.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol it was funny watching him rock the nets fitted at the made in america fest.....i was just thinking ? rocked all types of hats with logos but this ? hov actually help create and mold an actual nba teams logo and apparel. ? like that make tompetrez3 play russian roulette with a pistol
  • sniperk
    sniperk Members Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Those look like some swap meet bootleg jerseys though... color scheme is alright but the lettering looks cheap.
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    they'll sell just because they are the newest jersey you could possibly get

like even a dwight howard or steve nash laker jersey is still gonna be a laker jersey just like kobe, magic etc

but this is gonna jump off right with the "i was the first one with it" crowd and the fact that new york officially has a new team

but the actual jersey is trash for real tho LOL
  • Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    looks pretty dope
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    in before someone tries to tie the jersy format and color scheme with the illuminati
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The jerseys they unveiled previously looked better but the simple look is cool. stuff nowadays is too bright and loud so this is a good look.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So my Spurs didn't already have black and white?
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited September 2012
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    So my Spurs didn't already have black and white?

and "silver" trimming
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Jayz. He's distanced himself from so many ? only to become a ? for corporate america. A black man who could careless about his own people at the end of the day.

Free Beanz!!!
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Jayz. He's distanced himself from so many ? only to become a ? for corporate america. A black man who could careless about his own people at the end of the day.

Free Beanz!!!

Wait... Jay is in the same position Beanz was when he was part of the Roc... Which means Jay is showing us how to go from a soldier to a boss... Something Beans couldn't do... So if Jay succeeds it would be the final nail in Beans coffin right? Jay is taking an opportunity and flipping it to better his life. Ironic how Jays soldiers couldn't do it and now they cry that he never did anything for them... If Jay fails would he be like them?
  • usmarin3
    Options

Free Beanz!!!

Jay-z came into the music business with Ty Ty and Bee High as his partners, guess who the executives at Roc Nation are, Ty Ty and Bee High. Oh yeah, they are all black and his wife is black, so shut the ? up with that distance himself from ? nonsense.

Jay just distance himself from the ignorance that was Dame, a known drug dealer who still dealt drugs in BIGGS and a reckless ? name Beans.
  • nycdiesel
    nycdiesel Members Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Them jerseys just remind me of some ? you see in one of them urban clothing stores them Arabs be owning. It be jerseys with NBA colors and ? , but the front say "Supreme" or some ? like that
  • usmarin3
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    Them jerseys just remind me of some ? you see in one of them urban clothing stores them Arabs be owning. It be jerseys with NBA colors and ? , but the front say "Supreme" or some ? like that

lol at the jersey coming with one of those fitted hats with a money sign or chronic leaf on it.

• KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • P. Town
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    ptowndonte wrote: »

lol at the jersey coming with one of those fitted hats with a money sign or chronic leaf on it.

fashiondist2.jpg
  • P. Town
    Options
    Somewhere in the factory they made them jerseys up in there is a room full of boxed up velour suits with fake NBA team patches and British Knights ready to be shipped
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    those jerseys are so ugly and cheap looking. the korean store 2 blocks away been making that design since the 90s. then again the ? that designed them thinks flip flops and jeans go together. The choice of black and white as official team colors was a lazy half assed one. Nets games are going to be hard on the eyes to follow and ? in the stands going to get bored quick looking at black and white. especially when they play the spurs i can tell im gonna be sleep at tipoff nobody want to watch monotone shade for 2 hours This shows you that Jay Z aint no real business man. This aint no rocawear ? he should of had a whole research team to figure out the hues and tones of this team instead of trying to make a fashion statement with a bland team colors and cheap ass jersey design. im not even hating but that jersey look cheap as ? . ptown is right the ? look country and baudy. there is nothing exciting about the brooklyn nets with that wack ass jersey and boring colors.