Chris Lighty dead? Suicide?

Comments

• LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im shocked ? don't know who Chris Lighty and Mona Scott is. Violator was big in tha game for a long time. RIP Chris.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CirocObama wrote: »
    Maybe them gangstas was after him. Gangsta ? run all over the entertainment business and is not just black gangstas and they are not just regular hood ? . Could've been it, or just other issues.

true but Chris was a known goon.i doubt anybody had him that shook.Violators got their name from violating dudes by whoopin ass in the streets
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gzus did u say black ? then I hope ya mamy gets Chris light yed ....naw im not young just real southern and don't do them artist ....rip lighty stay black ? out ......
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    loch121 wrote: »
    Maybe them gangstas was after him. Gangsta ? run all over the entertainment business and is not just black gangstas and they are not just regular hood ? . Could've been it, or just other issues.

true but Chris was a known goon.i doubt anybody had him that shook.Violators got their name from violating dudes by whoopin ass in the streets

Yeah i know i been heard about them but you know how it is no matter how hard you are or think you are there is always someone harder. But i get your point and like i said it could've just been suicide.
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    fuuuuuck

RIP chris lighty !!

GOAT hip hop manager
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    nydailynews.com/new-york/hip-hop-manager-chris-lighty-dead-apparent-suicide-bronx-apartment-cops-article-1.1148073
    Hip-hop manager Chris Lighty dead after shooting himself amid argument with ex-wife in his Bronx apartment: cops 
    Lighty, 44, was a longtime manager of 50 Cent, Diddy, Ja Rule and Mariah Carey

Hip-hop mogul Chris Lighty died Thursday morning after he shot himself during an argument with his ex-wife inside his Bronx apartment, sources told the Daily News.
    Lighty, 44 — a longtime manager of 50 Cent, Diddy, Ja Rule and Mariah Carey — put a gun to his head and fired after a spat with his former wife, Veronica, inside the South Riverdale apartment about 11:30 a.m., police sources said.
    Law enforcement sources said Lighty — who divorced his wife last year — may have been dealing with financial struggles, including owing about $5 million to the IRS.

Lighty, founder of Violator Management, merged with another talent company to form Primary Violator around the time his divorce.
    Musicians began Tweeting about Lighty soon after news of his death spread.
    “R.I.P. Chris Lighty,” posted Fat Joe on his Twitter account. “That man saved my life.”
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    damn..RIP

he shot himself doin what now?
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

WTF is a "Goon"? Are you talking about Mike & Dave?

Chris Lighty got slapped in the mouth by DMX, Cormega punked him, shooters was spraying bullets all in his office on the daily and Dipset damn near ran him out of town.

all the mythology about Chris Lighty & Violator being "Goons" is aint translating to truth.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Sad news, I just heard. Chris was a really big time manager with Viloator. Had some big names. Sad he didn't want to live anymore. Yo as most are saying, the "Violator" compilation had tons of bangers on it. It went Gold back in the day. Also once again IRS troubles seem to plague a lot in the black music community. Uncle Sam isn't playin. Overall he will be rememberd, I never heard to much drama associated with him but it's sad he took his own life. Rest in Paradise.

chris-lighty.jpg?w=300&h=204&h=204[img][/img]49314.jpg
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Wow Chuck D is on Twitter critizing the state of the industry after Chris Lightly's Death. Plenty of Big time rappers commenting on his passing:

http://twitter.com/#!/search/Chris Lighty

FAT JOE ‏@fatjoe
    R.I.P CHRIS LIGHTY THE MAN THAT SAVED MY LIFE!!!

Chuck D ‏@MrChuckD
    R I P Chris Lighty SMH to the mongrels that have made the BLACKmusic industry a depressing game to drag such good cats into a pit of bullsht

OMAR EPPS ‏@omarepps
    Chris Lighty was a pioneer in hip hop & the music biz period! He was a good man & a good friend. Prayers for his family & his children..

The Last Tweet from Chris Lighty's twitter:

Whispers ‏@ImYourWhispers
    Life is about perspective. It's not what you see, but how you see it. What you see is what you get.(Retweeted by Clighty)

• Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gzus did u say black ? then I hope ya mamy gets Chris light yed ....naw im not young just real southern and don't do them artist ....rip lighty stay black ? out ......

I'm "real southern", I'm from Florida too buddy. You say that like just because we from the south we shouldn't know about hip hop.
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    His twitter is so damn depressing. He was depressed and you could see it from his tweets. ? . I am so damn touched by this. It's weird.. He was so young and ? talented.
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »

WTF is a "Goon"? Are you talking about Mike & Dave?

Chris Lighty got slapped in the mouth by DMX, Cormega punked him, shooters was spraying bullets all in his office on the daily and Dipset damn near ran him out of town.

all the mythology about Chris Lighty & Violator being "Goons" is aint translating to truth.

Could be. Dude was prolly just a frontman business wise for Violator. I heard they used to be a heavy crew in NY back then.

Yo H-Rap lemme ask you where did you hear those stories about DMX and Cormega? I know DMX punched somebody in the Def Jam building back in 1998 but from what i read it never said who got punched so was that him?
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got damn. smh.

R.I.P.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im aware but .......not my type of musik I know who Memphis bleek is krsone is knowledge reign supreme over nearly everyone but.....I am not ever gonna listen to any of it buddy ...never ...never ..never
  • blackbloc
    blackbloc Members Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    only new hiphop fans dont know who chris lighty is. r.i.p , o hope we dont hear he was broke and ? himself over money problems
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris Lighty ‏@clighty
    Hip Hop your blueprint generation is passing away. Embrace them now. It's now or never.

Chris Lighty ‏@clighty
    I guess when I let the monsters go everybody will say I did hip hop wrong ..maybe ...but remember you asked for it.

Chris Lighty ‏@clighty
    This is end of the world weather.....I am going home.

Chris Lighty ‏@clighty
    Hell is empty. All the devils are here.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He owed $5ms to the IRS? Sounds like motive
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hip-hop mogul Chris Lighty died Thursday morning after he shot himself during an argument with his ex-wife inside his Bronx apartment, sources told the Daily News.
    Lighty, 44 — a longtime manager of 50 Cent, Diddy, Ja Rule and Mariah Carey — put a gun to his head and fired after a spat with his former wife, Veronica, inside the South Riverdale apartment about 11:30 a.m., police sources said.
    Law enforcement sources said Lighty — who divorced his wife last year — may have been dealing with financial struggles, including owing about $5 million to the IRS.
    Lighty, founder of Violator Management, merged with another talent company to form Primary Violator around the time his divorce.
    Musicians began Tweeting about Lighty soon after news of his death spread.
    “R.I.P. Chris Lighty,” posted Fat Joe on his Twitter account. “That man saved my life.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/hip-hop-manager-chris-lighty-dead-apparent-suicide-bronx-apartment-cops-article-1.1148073#ixzz253xKUwnA
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow Chuck D is on Twitter critizing the state of the industry after Chris Lightly's Death. Plenty of Big time rappers commenting on his passing:

http://twitter.com/#!/search/Chris Lighty

FAT JOE ‏@fatjoe
    R.I.P CHRIS LIGHTY THE MAN THAT SAVED MY LIFE!!!

Chuck D ‏@MrChuckD
    R I P Chris Lighty SMH to the mongrels that have made the BLACKmusic industry a depressing game to drag such good cats into a pit of bullsht

OMAR EPPS ‏@omarepps
    Chris Lighty was a pioneer in hip hop & the music biz period! He was a good man & a good friend. Prayers for his family & his children..

The Last Tweet from Chris Lighty's twitter:

Whispers ‏@ImYourWhispers
    Life is about perspective. It's not what you see, but how you see it. What you see is what you get.(Retweeted by Clighty)

No names?
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    R.I.P

Sadly he died exactly like Shakir Stewart, it's just strange.

Yea that's exactly what I thought when I read it was a suicide. Something bout they deaths isn't right.

• Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd never off myself behind money
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris Lighty ‏@clighty
    Hip Hop your blueprint generation is passing away. Embrace them now. It's now or never.

Chris Lighty ‏@clighty
    I guess when I let the monsters go everybody will say I did hip hop wrong ..maybe ...but remember you asked for it.

Chris Lighty ‏@clighty
    This is end of the world weather.....I am going home.

Chris Lighty ‏@clighty
    Hell is empty. All the devils are here.
    damn thats some depressing ? ..