The 91-93,96-98 Chicago Bulls Appreciation Thread

Options

Comments

• windycity2117
    windycity2117 Members Posts: 9,827 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deemula420 wrote: »
    Growing up in Chicago in the 90's as a youngster wasn't a better feeling then being a Bulls fan! I remember after watching the games in going outside and trying to hit fadeaways like i was mike or something. Just sucks i never got to go to atleast one game and see them play but i did catch em on tv.i

whift2.jpg

G.O.A.T.

I agree.I did get to a playoff game in 92 when they played Cleveland. I was in 1st grade we was in nose bleed seats.I will never forget that day
  • windycity2117
    Options
    23060-04_t_400.jpg

I had this poster on my wall. I read it over and over. Study the steps and learn how to do the fadeaway which is my favorite go to move
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    ^I got that same newspaper on my wall.Its from the 1999 tribune when mike retired

I didn't get it laminated tho,paper is yellow
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still got a box of old ? like newspapers, an unopened Wheeties box, and championship pennants from the first era.

and this was the first real book i ever read, woke me up to how ? really was:

the_jordan_rules.jpg

Sam Smith set out to write what was supposed to be an exposure critical of MJ's behavior behind the scenes showing his ruthless desire to win, but to me as a kid it just increased my respect for him 10 fold - his drive to win at all costs is detailed in a way that is awe inspiring. The Jordan Rules is a must read to this day for any sports fan, let alone essential reading for any Bulls or Jordan fan.
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great team, would of won in any era...but dominated a largely weak nba at the time...great players scattered about. Sad to think we will never see MJ against the great athletes of these days and the new defensive rules. I remember watching these games just to watch Jordan play D. Bulls teams were much more fun to watch the second go around because Jordan embraced the triangle more than ever before, watching the bulls execute on some nights was truly amazing. 96 bulls as a team and 2001 lakers playoffs run are some of the best executed basketball you will see, and when it broke down you knew an amazing player was about to do something never really seen before as the shot clock wound down (chi had MJ, la had Kobe and shaq). Thank ? for tex winter and Phil Jackson for being able to implement it to nba professional players....MJ was a headache to watch before they came along, from a basketball and team perspective. Always great for a highlight tho.

Wish MJ never quit on his team at their pinnacle, woulda been fun too see what coulda happened those two years he was gone.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    23060-04_t_400.jpg

I had this poster on my wall. I read it over and over. Study the steps and learn how to do the fadeaway which is my favorite go to move

Don't got the Tribune, but dad gave the USA today from the first championshop

eim7it.jpg
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Old Sports Illustrated

rm1ldj.jpg

16lb4nt.jpg
  • windycity2117
    Options
    PUSHER wrote: »
    Old Sports Illustrated

rm1ldj.jpg

16lb4nt.jpg

That's a nice collection of Sports Illustrated you got there.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Good drops pusha

2i7rby8.jpg

Bulls da Goats
  • windycity2117
    Options
    Did anybody else in here have this jersey
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTq23a7un8RV5j99gkpaI_mbCKp_0dqhE8WXN3kMnIi5wOi01Wozg&t=1

My pop's gave me mines
  • P swayze166
    edited September 2012
    Options
    deemula420 wrote: »
    Growing up in Chicago in the 90's as a youngster wasn't a better feeling then being a Bulls fan! I remember after watching the games in going outside and trying to hit fadeaways like i was mike or something. Just sucks i never got to go to atleast one game and see them play but i did catch em on tv.i

whift2.jpg

G.O.A.T.

I agree.I did get to a playoff game in 92 when they played Cleveland. I was in 1st grade we was in nose bleed seats.I will never forget that day

cool story on MJ....back in the days before they were winning titles, maybe it was 86 or like 87, my pops made up this fake ID/press pass as a photographer to a celtics bulls game...so security being as lax as they were back then didnt really ? down back then, this was at the old Boston garden back in the days...if u ever been there u know how much of a ? hole the place was. he was able to sneak down and hang out under the basket the whole game as a fake photographer for the paper (globe or herald I forget) and watch MJ up close when he was just taking over the league......the funniest and maybe saddest part of this story is, while he had a camera he swiped, and faked being a photographer all night, there was no actual film in the camera and this genius didn't even take any pictures LMAO...I use to clown him on that hard before he passed, but he always said it didn't even matter, cuz watching that live is something you never forget. He still described it so vivid, and looking at him speak was like watching a little kid....it was crazy.

I know random, but figure you bulls heads could appreciate that.
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    xokuip.jpg

mom's bought this jersey for me in 96 notice the champion tag lol

still got it till this day tho
  • windycity2117
    Options
    tumblr_m9sujf0xVV1rw6ig5o1_500.jpg
    Grandma got me this. I was so damn happy
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, I ? over my Bulls jersey. I still ? my black, Shaq Magics jersey around somewhere.

The '93 Finals are still vivid, the best offensive performances I've ever seen.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »

MJ is a major reason the Knicks haven't won a title in 40 years.. smh...

fdrcwh.gif

sooo MJ played 15 years, what happened to the knicks the other 25 years?
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man I was 9 when the Bulls won they first title in 91 so I remember all 6. Man I remember ? use to loot all the time whenever we won lol. Going to Grant Park to celebrate. Chicago Heads remember the letter they sent to all CPS schools begging us not to loot and ? the city up when the Bulls win it was sign by Jordan and Randy Brown LOL nothing like the 90's
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    john starks would ? slap all you ?
  • windycity2117
    edited September 2012
    Options
    john starks would ? slap all you ?

? John starks and your post

• CockMcStuffins
    CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All u ? are more Jordan fans than actual bulls fans

I bet 95% of yall stop rooting for them after June 1998
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited September 2012
    Options

Nah that's playmaker88.I cant speak for these other kids I'm a real Bulls fan

And the bulls woulda mopped them non defense playin showtime lakers
    Man I was 9 when the Bulls won they first title in 91 so I remember all 6. Man I remember ? use to loot all the time whenever we won lol. Going to Grant Park to celebrate. Chicago Heads remember the letter they sent to all CPS schools begging us not to loot and ? the city up when the Bulls win it was sign by Jordan and Randy Brown LOL nothing like the 90's

Yup

And the commercial wit Phil Jackson,Jordan and dennis rodman saying be safe and dont tear ? up they played during every elimination game of the 96-98 finals

• P swayze166
    Options
    Without the bulls, Chicago would be about as big as a fail city as Cleveland sports wise.....nice city tho.....sadly will prob never win anything in the next 20 years or so, atleast basketball wise.....atleast they will always have that run, and made basketball worth watching when it was pretty garbage all around to watch in a garbage league with a few great players spread around making the occasional highlight.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
  • windycity2117
    Options

I'm from Chicago i stay rooting for the home team

• nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As Soon Broke Ass Kid Growing Up In The Southside (Harvey) I Didn't Get To Wear The J's Or Sport The Jerseys Or Go TO The Games But My Fondest Memories Were Watching MJ And Co. Dominate The League On The NBA On NBC
  • windycity2117
    edited September 2012
    Options
    @nawledge_?
    nawledge_? wrote: »
    As Soon Broke Ass Kid Growing Up In The Southside (Harvey) I Didn't Get To Wear The J's Or Sport The Jerseys Or Go TO The Games But My Fondest Memories Were Watching MJ And Co. Dominate The League On The NBA On NBC

I watch a lot of them games on nbc to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKOkNZ4Yzto