Freemasonry

Options
TB.Boy
TB.Boy Members Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in The Social Lounge
Can someone explain to me why they are considered satanist etc. Or is that just propoganda started by the church?

Comments

• silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I tried to talk to a freemason in one of my college classes, very cool people. They just very secretive and serious. He told me that joining the organization was the best thing that could happen to him. he said they believe in one ? , and they cant talk about their beliefs in public. The guy wore a eye of a pyrmaid jacket everyday. And he was a black guy in his mid 30's.
  • TB.Boy
    TB.Boy Members Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah they are really cool. i met someone that was convinced they are satanist or something and i never got a reason why?
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea they satanists untill proven not to be
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's a lot of spookism surrounding them but as I understand it, they're really just fraternities for people out of college.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My LB is a Mason now, I didn't really ask him about it but it seems like just another fraternity.
  • theBlackbeard
    theBlackbeard Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »
    Dumb, you have no proof that they are satanists.

• theBlackbeard
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Real ? my mom put me in the organization as a kid (mason) and my two sisters (eastern stars). I remember the initiation they blindfolded us, stood us on a plank and told us it was a pit and to walk off into it. They said to trust them that we would come out all right. We then went to this big ass conference, but it just seemed like a normal baptist church session. Nothing satanic went on.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Many successful black people are free masons. Especially in Brooklyn. I don't know much about it but it's seems to be nothing more then a brother hood like a frat. They do have special practices but these folks are the same people i came up with and they don't start getting all creepy and cultist and ? . They just don't talk about the knowledge they perceive to be sacred. I heard somewhere that they use Islamic principles which seems plausible being that people say the Knights Templar was down with freemasonry and they stole knowledge during the Crusades.
  • theBlackbeard
    Options
    Black chapters differ totally from white chapters. I have no doubt that they do weird ? .
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »
    Dumb, you have no proof that they are satanists.
    Check the symbols. Aleister Crowley?
  • blackamerica
    Options
    Real ? my mom put me in the organization as a kid (mason) and my two sisters (eastern stars). I remember the initiation they blindfolded us, stood us on a plank and told us it was a pit and to walk off into it. They said to trust them that we would come out all right. We then went to this big ass conference, but it just seemed like a normal baptist church session. Nothing satanic went on.
    I've known a few masons a well. They are regular people, the black ones. But first and foremost, anything done in secrecy is NOT of ? . If you're atheist then that won't register. But anytime you place a oath to a high power other than ? than its satanic. The symbolism they use can also be traced back to satanism. Aleister Crowley was a freemason and satanist. Since there are different levels, some don't have access to the same info. But best believe freemasonary is NOT of ? .

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Just walk into one of those lodges on "Open house day" (usually announces on your local sporstation aka "askafreemason"). There's a lodge everywhere, downtown and in ya hood.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options
    I'm not with that secret society ? not matter who does it.. Those white dudes really did do it different. Just like Christianity, I don't see why the ancestors of black slaves picked up this ? that the slave master created..
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    we dont worship satan, the devil or anything anyone tries to relate to evil.

some people have gotten it right in this thread, if you are really curious just talk to a few.

lol aleister crowley doe..
  • elementalP
    elementalP Members Posts: 202
    Options
    ."The greatest, but the most terrible moment in the life of a Mason...The three supreme officials of the Lodge, with three seperate keys, unlock the wooden box with the "Secret of Secrets" and give him to read a slip of paper, upon which is written the name of the "? " whose follower he was...JAH-BUL-ON."-D.C. Yermak The Axis of Death
  • major pain
    Options
    Consider your sources
  • blackamerica
    Options
    major pain wrote: »

some people have gotten it right in this thread, if you are really curious just talk to a few.

You're a freemason but disowning Crowley? Interesting. Maybe you know something the history books dont.

You say you don't worship Satan but the fact remains there are ties to freemasonry and satanic rituals. There are 33rd degree masons who have satanic beliefs. Also, you can't be believers in ? being your beliefs are kept secret. ? is truth, nothing of truth is kept secret.
  • major pain
    Options

You're a freemason but disowning Crowley? Interesting. Maybe you know something the history books dont.

You say you don't worship Satan but the fact remains there are ties to freemasonry and satanic rituals. There are 33rd degree masons who have satanic beliefs. Also, you can't be believers in ? being your beliefs are kept secret. ? is truth, nothing of truth is kept secret.

you should read more into crowley's full affiliation and how minimal it actually was.

there are no ties nor a credible 33rd degree mason that will say such. its all a bunch of misinterpretations, fallacies, or straight out lies that even come close to connecting the two.

• Jabu_Rule
    Options
    From what i read, Crowley was down with Ordo Templi Orientis (Order of the Temple of the East) which was an offshoot of freemasons that created their own path based on magick. Crowley was far more influenced by Egyptian mysticism. Even a Satanist would tell you Crowley was no Satanist. He created his own religion based off of Egyptian and eastern philosophies and he definately was Anti-Christina do to his upbringing in a fanatical christian sect.
  • blackamerica
    Options
    You should read more into crowley's full affiliation and how minimal it actually was.

there are no ties nor a credible 33rd degree mason that will say such. its all a bunch of misinterpretations, fallacies, or straight out lies that even come close to connecting the two.
    What you're trying to do is distance yourself from Crowley and satanism. Theres no misinterpretations, Crowley was a satanist and 33rd degree freemason (not to mention racist).

I've done all the research and read as well. Maybe you should check you're own history

http://preview.tinyurl.com/8mfwtb4
  • blackamerica
    Options
    Correction...Just something I came across

http://freemasonry.bcy.ca/texts/Aleister
    Crowley.html
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Here we go again...
  • major pain
    Options
    You should read more into crowley's full affiliation and how minimal it actually was.

What you're trying to do is distance yourself from Crowley and satanism. Theres no misinterpretations, Crowley was a satanist and 33rd degree freemason (not to mention racist).

I've done all the research and read as well. Maybe you should check you're own history

http://preview.tinyurl.com/8mfwtb4

lol if only people would CONTINUE reading...

On the advice of two unnamed members of the Golden Dawn, whom he met in Mathers’s company in Paris, Crowley set sail for Mexico in late June 1900. They are likely to have furnished Crowley with his introduction to:
    Don Jesus Medina, a descendant of the great duke of Armada fame, and one of the highest chiefs of Scottish Rite freemasonry. "My cabbalistic knowledge being already profound by current standards, he thought me worthy of the highest initiation in his power to confer; special powers were obtained in view of my limited sojourn, and I was pushed rapidly through and admitted to the thirty-third and last degree before I left the country." (The Confessions of Aleister Crowley(1969), pp. 202-203).

The ’supreme Grand Council, thirty-third, etc., etc., also for the world at large, founded by the Duke of Medina and Sidonia, Commander of the Spanish Armada 2 was, in the words of Bro. John Hamill, 'a minuscule irregular body', and the conferral of the 33° in Mexico City by Medina-Sidonia granted Crowley no regular masonic standing. Whatever documentation Medina-Sidonia furnished Crowley, no trace of it survives among Crowley’s voluminous papers; my attempts to trace Medina-Sidonia’s archives in Mexico have not met with success.

The Golden Dawn connection to Medina-Sidonia seems likely as the latter shared Crowley’s interest in ritual magic; they worked together to establish a new order, The Lamp of Invisible Light', with Don Jesus as its first high priest. Crowley did not keep in touch with Medina-Sidonia after he left Mexico in April 1901. Clearly the candidate was not impressed; Crowley comments on the conferral of the 33° that 'it did not add much of importance to my knowledge of the mysteries; but I had heard that freemasonry was a universal brotherhood and expected to be welcomed all over the world by brethren.' (Crowley, Confessions, p. 695) Crowley was in for his first in a series of rude shocks where masonic recognition was concerned.

This actually comes from the same site you're trying to link. The fact remains that Crowley was NEVER some important figure in the craft and all his posturing for gaining recognition was thrown out the door.
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well, I am not 100% sure on this but I have had my experiences. I think one way into the brotherhood is through being a code breaker. I know the code word, but I don't join organizations even though I was told I am in. I don't know the intimate details of the organization because I declined but I dont think there core beliefs are much different than the beliefs of the Gods of the Earth or 5 percenters.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    from what i hear the perks from being one are pretty good