Freemasonry

124»

Comments

• Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    @TheLaureate the illuminate were no different then the masons in their quest for knowledge, so the entire point of mentioning them is pointless especially being that their order didn't survive the most powerful secret society that is the Catholic Church.

@FuriousOne

What did you get your knowledge from a Dan Brown novel? C'mon.

The secret societies are the preservers of occult (hidden) knowledge. They're not on a quest for knowledge (although some members like Francis Bancon have made some discoveries adding to scientific knowledge). The type of knowledge they seek is social engineering and technological enslavement.

And you think the organization didn't survive? Guess you never heard of Albert Pike and Guiseppe Mazzinni, the successors to Adam Weishaupt. The Illuminati predate the Bavarian Illuminati. The Bavarian Illuminati was simply the formalization of the group with a name. They have decided to (as Adam Weishaupt suggested) abandon the name and operate under front organizations like the Bilderberg Group. Not to mention, several ex-Illuminati members have gone public and shared their background and knowledge to help expose the Illuminati.

the irony

• Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    c1up wrote: »
    I'm not with that secret society ? not matter who does it.. Those white dudes really did do it different. Just like Christianity, I don't see why the ancestors of black slaves picked up this ? that the slave master created..

You do realize that Christianity got its start in the Middle East with it's decendance so to speak from Judaism which got its birth from Egyptian Spiritiality don't you

How about you give them the original text instead of your co-opted by roman emperors version. Also, they weren't practicing anything like that until the slave masters got nervous and gave them something for pacification. Initially, they didn't want them to have it cause they used it to prop up their claims of superiority. Everybody across Africa wasn't practicing that, if anything, animal spirits were our thing in west and sub Sahara Africa (where slaves came from) which turned into Egyptian mysticism. Also, many mixed Islam with their local culture already which you could claim to be similar in its origins, but it wasn't their original religion either.

Negus Nagaste Ezana wasn't a slave and he made Ethopia a Christian Nation, the first if I remember right, I'm not saying you don't have a point, but Christianity isn't really the white man's religion except here in America and that's because they pushed it so hard in it's spread
  • born7od
    born7od Members Posts: 19
    LOL @ some of these replies. I'm a PHA and F&AM Mason, from the 3rd Masonic District in Atlanta. I joined basically out of curiousity to see what was the big deal. I can assure you and promise there is no satanic or ? stuff going on. At our meetings, we just read correspondences, pay bills, and talk about community service events coming up such as feeding the homeless, and visiting nursing centers. After meetings, we eat and drink, and talk ? and etc. To me its just like a fraternity with perks.

There is no secrets in Freemasonry. In fact I tell you anything you wanna know. I cant and wont divulge any grips, or tokens and signs on how we recognize each other, i made an obligation not to.

• Batman.
    Batman. Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? sounds ? to me.
  • KrazySpade
    KrazySpade Members Posts: 52
    i dont know much about freemasonry, but i do know people in general are stupid and nosy. freemasonry to me seems like a fraternety type of thing and they like to keep their ? low key, aint nothing wrong with that. all the nosy ass people that feel they NEED to know arejust mad cuz they dont know wassup.

people fear what they dont know and label it as something "evil" or "supernatural"