What kind of fan are you?

Options

Comments

• dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    if you've ever sat back and watched your team get ROASTED in the CS, and all you could do was sit there and say 'we'll be iight'
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    dbrazil412 wrote: »
    if you've ever sat back and watched your team get ROASTED in the CS, and all you could do was sit there and say 'we'll be iight'

Texans got a whole thread dedicated to their fuckups....that's alright though.

Best believe I'm uppin that ? if/when we do good this year.

• dbrazil412
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    naw but forreal some 'fans' crumble when that ? happens.. i'm a die hard fan of a team from another city... when the cowboys lose....EVERYBODY... i mean EVERYBODY up this mafucka let me know. i dont sweat it though.. i'm built ford tough lol if you cant handle the criticism or the 'hate' , or whatever negative attention that comes when your team ? up... you arent a 'trill' fan
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    To echo what another cat said, it's aight if you're a "quiet" bandwagoner. Meaning you just want to see a certain team or player do well and when they do, you give'em a...

7982%20-%20animated_gif%20tagme%20thumbs_up.gif

...and keep it moving.

What I can't stand is muthafucka who go from "no ? given" to "My team" this and "we" that and pop ? like you was rooting for the squad in your cartoon pajamas as a kid.

Here's my trill fan checklist. If you can't relate to the following, you're not a real fan. (and miss me with your team's "success" if you're over 15 years old and been watching sports longer than 5 years, you've seen your team fail.)

1. You've literally screamed on the TV like players can actually hear you.

2. A loss has ? up your whole day -- or week. (good ? happens in your life outside of sports, but in the back of your mind you still thinking about that L.)

3. You can name at least 5 non-star players on your team that you would let sleep on your couch if they hit hard times until they got back on their feet. Simply because a couple of "hustle" plays they made in the past. lol

4. You've sworn off your fanship once or more only to come back the next year on some Bobby & Whitney "I know it's bad for me, but I can't help it" ? .

5. You ever contemplated or dreamed of fighting a player on your squad after a ? poor performance.

6. You bought tickets (especially season tickets) during a losing season, but you have NO regrets whatsoever.

7. When your loved ones root for your squad's rivals, you look at it like they start smokin' that ? and have destroyed their lives.

8. You can't even stand to talk about that team or sport around "casual" fans 'cause you know all they know is what sportscenter tells them, and if they say the wrong thing, you might get arrested.

9. You ever felt the opposite of #2 (A win overshadows anything bad that happens in your day/life.)

10. And here's the one that will cause some feelings: You root for the players on your squad, but you stop short of stannery because you KNOW that you were a fan before they played for your squad and you'll be a fan LOOOONG after they leave.

Feel free to add...

the bolded i've never did.. the latter due to obvious reasons lol. trill list nonetheless

You ain't never turned the channel like "? them ? , I'm watchin' Martin Re-runs" and then five seconds later before Martin even get a chance to snap on Beedie-beed....

...You turn back to the game just to make sure the squad didn't do something amazing??

• dbrazil412
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    To echo what another cat said, it's aight if you're a "quiet" bandwagoner. Meaning you just want to see a certain team or player do well and when they do, you give'em a...

...and keep it moving.

What I can't stand is muthafucka who go from "no ? given" to "My team" this and "we" that and pop ? like you was rooting for the squad in your cartoon pajamas as a kid.

Here's my trill fan checklist. If you can't relate to the following, you're not a real fan. (and miss me with your team's "success" if you're over 15 years old and been watching sports longer than 5 years, you've seen your team fail.)

2. A loss has ? up your whole day -- or week. (good ? happens in your life outside of sports, but in the back of your mind you still thinking about that L.)

3. You can name at least 5 non-star players on your team that you would let sleep on your couch if they hit hard times until they got back on their feet. Simply because a couple of "hustle" plays they made in the past. lol

4. You've sworn off your fanship once or more only to come back the next year on some Bobby & Whitney "I know it's bad for me, but I can't help it" ? .

5. You ever contemplated or dreamed of fighting a player on your squad after a ? poor performance.

6. You bought tickets (especially season tickets) during a losing season, but you have NO regrets whatsoever.

7. When your loved ones root for your squad's rivals, you look at it like they start smokin' that ? and have destroyed their lives.

8. You can't even stand to talk about that team or sport around "casual" fans 'cause you know all they know is what sportscenter tells them, and if they say the wrong thing, you might get arrested.

9. You ever felt the opposite of #2 (A win overshadows anything bad that happens in your day/life.)

10. And here's the one that will cause some feelings: You root for the players on your squad, but you stop short of stannery because you KNOW that you were a fan before they played for your squad and you'll be a fan LOOOONG after they leave.

Feel free to add...

the bolded i've never did.. the latter due to obvious reasons lol. trill list nonetheless

You ain't never turned the channel like "? them ? , I'm watchin' Martin Re-runs" and then five seconds later before Martin even get a chance to snap on Beedie-beed....

...You turn back to the game just to make sure the squad didn't do something amazing??

naw bruh lol.. and you know the cowboys be lettin ? down every year. the game i always look back to is the eagles game a few years a go.. a 'win and you're in' situation.. we got beat like 44-6 or some ? lmao i sat back and watched every play. gotta take the good with the bad.. always hoping there's gonna be some kind of comeback even though you've been down like 30 for most of the game lol. my pops the same way though.. he wont change that steeler game for a sec.. no matter how much tim tebow is eatin that secondary up haha
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    For me, watchin' my squad get killed is damn near the same as watching a loved one get beat down on TV.

I ain't gon' sit there and just watch every second. I'll check in every 5 seconds to make sure they're still alive. But I can't watch my brother, sister, or momma get her ass beat on TV like...

ae2.gif

But if the game is any type of realistic reach, I'm not changing the channel for nobody. But if we down 3 touchdowns with 3 mins left in the 4th quarter...

martin_season_3_dvd-martin_lawrence1.jpeg
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    The aints game last year had me changing the channel I wasn't about to sit there and watch brees break the record against the falcons

• soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    For me, watchin' my squad get killed is damn near the same as watching a loved one get beat down on TV.

I ain't gon' sit there and just watch every second. I'll check in every 5 seconds to make sure they're still alive. But I can't watch my brother, sister, or momma get her ass beat on TV like...

ae2.gif

But if the game is any type of realistic reach, I'm not changing the channel for nobody. But if we down 3 touchdowns with 3 mins left in the 4th quarter...

I remeber damn near kicking a hole in my TV when USC gave us that ass whooping in the NCG...I stopped watching after the 2nd quarter when ol boy caught that long ass bomb in the back of the endzone....I was scarred USC was going to score 100 points on us...I also started thinking bout how many cats at work I'm going to have to fight when I don't pony up on all the $100 bets I took on OU winning....I was living in Moreno Valley, CA at the time..just finished college..
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    allday1992 wrote: »
    The aints game last year had me changing the channel I wasn't about to sit there and watch brees break the record against the falcons

Tru.

Plus, I had season tickets to the 2007 season and I went to EVERY home game. So I earned the right to turn the channel during a blow out. lol

...And ? bobby petrino, Joey Harrington and err-body that luv'em.
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    Die Hard Fan

Tru.

Plus, I had season tickets to the 2007 season and I went to EVERY home game. So I earned the right to turn the channel during a blow out. lol

...And ? bobby petrino, Joey Harrington and err-body that luv'em.

I still feel bad for people who bought season tickets that year. ? I was glad they blacked out the last couple of games that year on tv
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm like the only Redskins fan in the state of Mississippi I feel like. I talk major ? on Facebook win, lose or draw, and take it like a man when we lose. I done cussed so many ? out the last couple years it's a shame. Lol Especially them bandwagon ass saints fans. Knowing mufuckas wasn't know saints fans before they won the ship.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Die Hard Fan

...and keep it moving.

10. And here's the one that will cause some feelings: You root for the players on your squad, but you stop short of stannery
    because you KNOW that you were a fan before they played for your squad and you'll be a fan LOOOONG after they leave.

11. You could careless what others think about you and the teams you rep because you're a real fan and haters will always hate because that's what they do best.

Feel free to add...

1, 2, 5 and 11.

Fully disagree with #4
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Die Hard Fan

ae2.gif

I remeber damn near kicking a hole in my TV when USC gave us that ass whooping in the NCG...I stopped watching after the 2nd quarter when ol boy caught that long ass bomb in the back of the endzone....I was scarred USC was going to score 100 points on us...I also started thinking bout how many cats at work I'm going to have to fight when I don't pony up on all the $100 bets I took on OU winning....I was living in Moreno Valley, CA at the time..just finished college..

Lmao. I watched about 90% of that game. ? was woat.

I wished nothing but failure and misery for everybody involved in that game. lol.

Years later:

- Reggie Bush got stripped of his heisman and his NFL career is a disappointment.

- USC got sanctions. And stripped of that title.

- Matt Leinart was a bust.

- Lendale White faded to flab & sickness

I think my wishes were granted.

• Livefromclayco
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    moyo wrote: »
    I'm like the only Redskins fan in the state of Mississippi I feel like. I talk major ? on Facebook win, lose or draw, and take it like a man when we lose. I done cussed so many ? out the last couple years it's a shame. Lol Especially them bandwagon ass saints fans. Knowing mufuckas wasn't know saints fans before they won the ship.

I look at saints fans the same way I look at miami heat fans. Unless you from Miami or New Orleans I assumed you hopped the bandwagon
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    die hard fan

packers
    red sox
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    naw but forreal some 'fans' crumble when that ? happens.. i'm a die hard fan of a team from another city... when the cowboys lose....EVERYBODY... i mean EVERYBODY up this mafucka let me know. i dont sweat it though.. i'm built ford tough lol if you cant handle the criticism or the 'hate' , or whatever negative attention that comes when your team ? up... you arent a 'trill' fan

I deal with this everyday at my job. So call fans Eagles come out of the woodwork roasting me when their team beat the Giants. I don't hear from them all season about the there "so call team" until they play mine so I don't pay much mind to it. But once they lose to the Giants they will make up excuses like I knew they were going to lose or it's just one game.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Die Hard Fan

I look at saints fans the same way I look at miami heat fans. Unless you from Miami or New Orleans I assumed you hopped the bandwagon

? u ? cuz ima fan of both coincidentally
  • greenwood1921
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Die Hard Fan

Interesting.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    I see some boys in here tryna have a favorite team in the afc and nfc...wdf
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Die Hard Fan

Props to Mr. CJ being the only trill bandwagoner on the CS.

? with all these excuses and explanations. You ask Mr. CJ why he roots for a team, he'll say...

"Cause they won. And this sandwich is good."
  • blackjack2012
    blackjack2012 Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most these ? lying y'all some bandwagon fruit loop ?
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    Diehard w/Bball, Football, Baseball

Bandwagon with hockey, would root for the lslanders or Rangers if they win it all.
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    Die Hard Fan

kobe-laugh.gif

No diss but how does that happen??
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    Props to Mr. CJ being the only trill bandwagoner on the CS.

? with all these excuses and explanations. You ask Mr. CJ why he roots for a team, he'll say...

"Cause they won. And this sandwich is good."

CJ a fan of sports, women, and food....my ? .lol
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Die Hard Fan

we still ? this up in the 0'12?!