Options
1234568»

Comments

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    moyo wrote: »
    I'm like the only Redskins fan in the state of Mississippi I feel like. I talk major ? on Facebook win, lose or draw, and take it like a man when we lose. I done cussed so many ? out the last couple years it's a shame. Lol Especially them bandwagon ass saints fans. Knowing mufuckas wasn't know saints fans before they won the ship.

we still ? this up in the 0'12?!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7-J_JTXK0U_L9MFkdUDAiNffRYrhZW2-HRlc__MGvhvco1zde
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    For me, watchin' my squad get killed is damn near the same as watching a loved one get beat down on TV.

I ain't gon' sit there and just watch every second. I'll check in every 5 seconds to make sure they're still alive. But I can't watch my brother, sister, or momma get her ass beat on TV like...

ae2.gif

But if the game is any type of realistic reach, I'm not changing the channel for nobody. But if we down 3 touchdowns with 3 mins left in the 4th quarter...

martin_season_3_dvd-martin_lawrence1.jpeg

I remeber damn near kicking a hole in my TV when USC gave us that ass whooping in the NCG...I stopped watching after the 2nd quarter when ol boy caught that long ass bomb in the back of the endzone....I was scarred USC was going to score 100 points on us...I also started thinking bout how many cats at work I'm going to have to fight when I don't pony up on all the $100 bets I took on OU winning....I was living in Moreno Valley, CA at the time..just finished college..

Lmao. I watched about 90% of that game. ? was woat.

I wished nothing but failure and misery for everybody involved in that game. lol.

Years later:

- Reggie Bush got stripped of his heisman and his NFL career is a disappointment.

- USC got sanctions. And stripped of that title.

- Matt Leinart was a bust.

- Lendale White faded to flab & sickness

I think my wishes were granted.

smh... and reggie bush out there like

IREGRETNOTHINGgif.gif
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    if you are a die-hard Redskin fan

then you know what depression is like

and any Heat fan who didn't know who Ron Seikaly or Glen Rice was

is not a real Heat fan

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    allday1992 wrote: »
    I'm like the only Redskins fan in the state of Mississippi I feel like. I talk major ? on Facebook win, lose or draw, and take it like a man when we lose. I done cussed so many ? out the last couple years it's a shame. Lol Especially them bandwagon ass saints fans. Knowing mufuckas wasn't know saints fans before they won the ship.

I look at saints fans the same way I look at miami heat fans. Unless you from Miami or New Orleans I assumed you hopped the bandwagon

Cowboy fans as well. More then half of them never even been to the state of Texas. Fact
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Die Hard Fan

I look at saints fans the same way I look at miami heat fans. Unless you from Miami or New Orleans I assumed you hopped the bandwagon

Cowboy fans as well. More then half of them never even been to the state of Texas. Fact

don't even get me started on this ? haha

makes me furious having this same convo in the barbershop with a ? from DC talmbout he a Cowboy fan

I just SMH
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Die Hard Fan

? u ? cuz ima fan of both coincidentally

kobe-laugh.gif

No diss but how does that happen??

Ill let yu know when I get off of work. I hate typing too much on the touch screen.

Alright I'll start with the saints. You see, growing up young Alpha didnt really like to watch sports all that much. He hated football and thought that ? was boring and couldnt get through 1 quarter. But as time went on and he got older he started to watch football more and more. Now I do remember when I would just play madden 06' I would just play with the saints due to the QB being aaron brooks at the time and dude could kinda scramble in that game so young alpha loved playing with a poor man's micheal vick at the time. As time went on, I just kept using the saints and grown to like them a lil bit.

Now fast forward a lil bit to when reggie bush's name was heard daily when he was at USC. Young alpha took notice of that and watched a few of his games/highlights and was like "damn this ? is good" so when he got drafted by the saints it actually made me take a bigger interest in football. So as time went on, the saints became my team. The first game I remember me watching was I think the saints against the falcons in that first game after katrina and was that when I think reggie bush ran the opening kickoff back for a TD? (my memory aint the best) but that ? got me hype as hell. So pretty much a player who I now give no ? about was the one who made me actually watch football.

Now as for the HEAT..

Started out the same way as football. I couldnt STAND bball and thought it was the most boring ? ever. But pretty much in 05' I knew at that point that shaq got traded to the heat from the lakers and even from me not watching bball ever at that point I knew who ? like A.I,Carter,Shaq and kobe were. So since I saw shaq playing I was like "hmm lemme watch this for a bit" then as I'm watching them play I see pretty much the game being dominated by a young up and coming dwyane wade. I grew to like dude and wanted to watch more games that he played in and as time went on I eventually became a heat fan. Then I pretty much fell in love with basketball at that point.

I was lucky enough to see that first championship but then had to go through the following yrs highlighted by getting swept by the bulls in the first round,shane battier dislocating wade's shoulder,posey and walker being overweight,that 15-67 that had a 18 game losing streak in it,having D-league players come in to play who's name werent even on their jerseys, and ? like wayne simien, derek anderson,and MARK BLOUNT, and smush parker. So when ppl call me a bandwagoner I be seriously ready to fight lol I hated lebron like 4 yrs before it became cool and only started to like him this past season. But Im glad I have a chance to see the 2nd coming of hardaway with the GOAT
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Inglewood B My bad man, I noticed that ? after I typed it & was like dammit!!! Smh
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Die Hard Fan

kobe-laugh.gif

Ill let yu know when I get off of work. I hate typing too much on the touch screen.

Alright I'll start with the saints. You see, growing up young Alpha didnt really like to watch sports all that much. He hated football and thought that ? was boring and couldnt get through 1 quarter. But as time went on and he got older he started to watch football more and more. Now I do remember when I would just play madden 06' I would just play with the saints due to the QB being aaron brooks at the time and dude could kinda scramble in that game so young alpha loved playing with a poor man's micheal vick at the time. As time went on, I just kept using the saints and grown to like them a lil bit.

Now fast forward a lil bit to when reggie bush's name was heard daily when he was at USC. Young alpha took notice of that and watched a few of his games/highlights and was like "damn this ? is good" so when he got drafted by the saints it actually made me take a bigger interest in football. So as time went on, the saints became my team. The first game I remember me watching was I think the saints against the falcons in that first game after katrina and was that when I think reggie bush ran the opening kickoff back for a TD? (my memory aint the best) but that ? got me hype as hell. So pretty much a player who I now give no ? about was the one who made me actually watch football.

Now as for the HEAT..

Started out the same way as football. I couldnt STAND bball and thought it was the most boring ? ever. But pretty much in 05' I knew at that point that shaq got traded to the heat from the lakers and even from me not watching bball ever at that point I knew who ? like A.I,Carter,Shaq and kobe were. So since I saw shaq playing I was like "hmm lemme watch this for a bit" then as I'm watching them play I see pretty much the game being dominated by a young up and coming dwyane wade. I grew to like dude and wanted to watch more games that he played in and as time went on I eventually became a heat fan. Then I pretty much fell in love with basketball at that point.

I was lucky enough to see that first championship but then had to go through the following yrs highlighted by getting swept by the bulls in the first round,shane battier dislocating wade's shoulder,posey and walker being overweight,that 15-67 that had a 18 game losing streak in it,having D-league players come in to play who's name werent even on their jerseys, and ? like wayne simien, derek anderson,and MARK BLOUNT, and smush parker. So when ppl call me a bandwagoner I be seriously ready to fight lol I hated lebron like 4 yrs before it became cool and only started to like him this past season. But Im glad I have a chance to see the 2nd coming of hardaway with the GOAT

Ok cool I wasn't even talking bout nobody specific those were just two examples and you happened to be a fan of both.

But ? Drew Brees and the Aints
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Die Hard Fan

kobe-laugh.gif

Now as for the HEAT..

Ok cool I wasn't even talking bout nobody specific those were just two examples and you happened to be a fan of both.

Cool. Making me write that whole ? ...lol ? matt ryan ?

ol' checkdown throwing mufucka..

lol @ braze givin me feelings..
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Die Hard Fan

kobe-laugh.gif

Now as for the HEAT..

Cool. Making me write that whole ? ...lol ? matt ryan ?

ol' checkdown throwing mufucka..

lol @ braze givin me feelings..

titangraphs is automatic...
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    jaemooms wrote: »
    Theee Ohio State University, the ? ass Browns, and the 49ers.

Must be a Marc or Braylon Edwards fan too...
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    To echo what another cat said, it's aight if you're a "quiet" bandwagoner. Meaning you just want to see a certain team or player do well and when they do, you give'em a...

7982%20-%20animated_gif%20tagme%20thumbs_up.gif

...and keep it moving.

What I can't stand is muthafucka who go from "no ? given" to "My team" this and "we" that and pop ? like you was rooting for the squad in your cartoon pajamas as a kid.

Here's my trill fan checklist. If you can't relate to the following, you're not a real fan. (and miss me with your team's "success" if you're over 15 years old and been watching sports longer than 5 years, you've seen your team fail.)

1. You've literally screamed on the TV like players can actually hear you.

2. A loss has ? up your whole day -- or week. (good ? happens in your life outside of sports, but in the back of your mind you still thinking about that L.)

3. You can name at least 5 non-star players on your team that you would let sleep on your couch if they hit hard times until they got back on their feet. Simply because a couple of "hustle" plays they made in the past. lol

4. You've sworn off your fanship once or more only to come back the next year on some Bobby & Whitney "I know it's bad for me, but I can't help it" ? .

5. You ever contemplated or dreamed of fighting a player on your squad after a ? poor performance.

6. You bought tickets (especially season tickets) during a losing season, but you have NO regrets whatsoever.

7. When your loved ones root for your squad's rivals, you look at it like they start smokin' that ? and have destroyed their lives.

8. You can't even stand to talk about that team or sport around "casual" fans 'cause you know all they know is what sportscenter tells them, and if they say the wrong thing, you might get arrested.

9. You ever felt the opposite of #2 (A win overshadows anything bad that happens in your day/life.)

10. And here's the one that will cause some feelings: You root for the players on your squad, but you stop short of stannery because you KNOW that you were a fan before they played for your squad and you'll be a fan LOOOONG after they leave.

Feel free to add...

Co-sign the underlined.

#3.. I'm witcha, but still them dudes made too much damn money for me to feel bad for them..

#4.. No-sign, but ? betta not talk to me bout them on a bad season..

#5.. ? Lawrence Phillips, forreal doe.

#6.. Too far away for season tickets in the Bay but I'd buy them even during the Rattay, early Smith, Dorsey, O'Sullivan, Hill, Pickett, Weinke, Dilfer years.. and ? Jim Drunkenmiller for the hell of it.
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    Cleveland fan all the way up till the 5th grade. Interesting

you read it wrong i root for all cleveland teams and the lakers i find it funny yall single out my post but chi-town bully says he roots for every team in chicago except the cubs cuz they suck which means if they get good soon he'll be a bandwagon fan but carry on with the cleveland hate

LOL no I didn't read it wrong, by u jumping on the Lakers in the 5th grade makes u Bandwagon fan. Go ahead and change your vote b

Damn ? are relentless. We runnin up on elementary schoolers and callin em bandwagoners now? haha
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    Diehard Bulls Fan
    Casual Bears And White Sox
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    Lol @ nobody bandwagon

But peep the avi. Bleed blue bruh and I go hard for my Bengals and Yanks/Reds/Pistons
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    Lol @ nobody bandwagon

But peep the avi. Bleed blue bruh and I go hard for my Bengals and Yanks/Reds/Pistons

Explain being a fan for 2 teams in the same sport
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    Lol @ nobody bandwagon

Explain being a fan for 2 teams in the same sport

Well I live in Kentucky, and the closest pro teams we have are in Ohio and I been rooting for the Reds since Larkin, Casey etc, but for most my life they were terrible so in come the Yanks. They gave me somebody to root for in the post season. And they in two different leagues, so that helps.
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    honestly.. if you're a cowboys fan these days, youre either a die hard fan, or you hate them with a passion.. what bandwagon have we had to hop on????? lmao thats real ? though
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    and people mostly hate the cowboys because of their fans who always bring up the glory years.. truth be told, i was only 7 the last time we won a superbowl.. but i never stopped rootin for my team even when i got old enough to realize we havent been ? since i was a kid.... and i damn sure never hopped on the steelers bus when i got old enough to realize where i was from, and noticed everyone around me was a steeler fan.....

my moms is the reason ima cowboys fan.. all i can remember is sittin down and watching cowboys games.. (while my pops was at work haha)... so cause of that, til this day i remain a cowboys fan.. thats all i know
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    To echo what another cat said, it's aight if you're a "quiet" bandwagoner. Meaning you just want to see a certain team or player do well and when they do, you give'em a...

7982%20-%20animated_gif%20tagme%20thumbs_up.gif

...and keep it moving.

What I can't stand is muthafucka who go from "no ? given" to "My team" this and "we" that and pop ? like you was rooting for the squad in your cartoon pajamas as a kid.

Here's my trill fan checklist. If you can't relate to the following, you're not a real fan. (and miss me with your team's "success" if you're over 15 years old and been watching sports longer than 5 years, you've seen your team fail.)

1. You've literally screamed on the TV like players can actually hear you.

2. A loss has ? up your whole day -- or week. (good ? happens in your life outside of sports, but in the back of your mind you still thinking about that L.)

3. You can name at least 5 non-star players on your team that you would let sleep on your couch if they hit hard times until they got back on their feet. Simply because a couple of "hustle" plays they made in the past. lol

4. You've sworn off your fanship once or more only to come back the next year on some Bobby & Whitney "I know it's bad for me, but I can't help it" ? .

5. You ever contemplated or dreamed of fighting a player on your squad after a ? poor performance.

6. You bought tickets (especially season tickets) during a losing season, but you have NO regrets whatsoever.

7. When your loved ones root for your squad's rivals, you look at it like they start smokin' that ? and have destroyed their lives.

8. You can't even stand to talk about that team or sport around "casual" fans 'cause you know all they know is what sportscenter tells them, and if they say the wrong thing, you might get arrested.

9. You ever felt the opposite of #2 (A win overshadows anything bad that happens in your day/life.)

10. And here's the one that will cause some feelings: You root for the players on your squad, but you stop short of stannery because you KNOW that you were a fan before they played for your squad and you'll be a fan LOOOONG after they leave.

Feel free to add...

GOAT post

number 9...desean jackson's punt return against the giants. man you couldnt do ? that day to ? me off.

• Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Die Hard Fan

makes me furious having this same convo in the barbershop with a ? from DC talmbout he a Cowboy fan

I just SMH

I was born in Oklahoma and it's not like I chose to move to the DMV area...
  • Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Casual Fan
    i voted casual fan. Since i dont live in the U.S it would be a bit strange to label myself die hard fan.

NFL
    I side with the Pats. Even with two lost Superbowls, and spygate. But i also like the Ravens, if only for Ray Lewis = GOAT Linebacker. (Even if you hate the ravens)

NBA
    The Celtics. One name. Paul Pierce

NHL
    The Bruins. Zdeno Chara is a beast at the back.

MLB: No one really. I got advised to support the Yankees, but that would label me a bandwagon jumper. So im not really supporting any teams here
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    Q45T wrote: »

I just SMH

I was born in Oklahoma and it's not like I chose to move to the DMV area...

What city were you born?