All these names like Keisha,Teisha, Lashanda, Toya, etc suppose to be African based names right?

Options

Comments

• 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marin... leave it alone. ? tryin' to find they roots. What's wrong with being original ?

Alicia vs. Katey ?

(I like Alicia better)
  • lighthearted26
    lighthearted26 Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao I'm gonna stop talking about it because they might Google the name and this thread will pop up with my picture and everything.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7fIG wrote: »
    Marin... leave it alone. ? tryin' to find they roots. What's wrong with being original ?

Alicia vs. Katey ?

(I like Alicia better)

You really think these people are trying to find their roots dude, half these mfs couldn't even tell you what Eli Whitney did. lol
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    You are an idiot

this sums up the whole idea of this thread

• 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let the names go though. ? "Barack Obama" is president. (as figure-head as that may be).
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plap Star wrote: »
    my name means some ? i forgot in nigerian

but yes it is ghetto

i used to hate the first day of school so bad, a ? had to teach ? how to say my name every period

Me too!! Teacher would get to my name and be like "ummm..." with a confused look on her face.

• a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who told you those were "ghetto" name?
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    our Presidents name is Barack Hussein Obama...
    names r not that important... sure some people discriminate agains "black" names, but ? them...
    and its sad that ghetto and black are synonymous in the minds of the very ppl that should know better...
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meet a fat bish named dysheka...she had blue weave
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think they're hilarious...like "lulz, ur not getting a job b/c of ur name"
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    taeboo wrote: »

but yes it is ghetto

i used to hate the first day of school so bad, a ? had to teach ? how to say my name every period

Me too!! Teacher would get to my name and be like "ummm..." with a confused look on her face.
    taeboo wrote: »

but yes it is ghetto

lol yep i would just tell em before they even tried after i got used to it

My 1st and last name are not your regular Latin names either so I always saw the face of confusion when they got to my name. With my 1st nane beginning with a J I always got the whole "oh that's right the J is silent no wait it's like an H" . I hated it when I was young but the older I got I love the way women test out their Spanish accent saying it.
  • lighthearted26
    Options
    Juan? Jesus? Jorge? What is it?
  • J-GUTTA
    edited August 2012
    Options

I said not regular name pooh not stereotypical ...SMH

Jairo like Heiroglyphics

That's how I got my crew name too because it sounds like Hydro. I was called Hydro for madd long and than cat's got lazy and started calling me Dro *no relation*
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    God-I_Am_Ether Members Posts: 3,409
    Options
    The thing about these names is that people with these ghetto names tend to act the same.

Like most Teishas act the same. When you hear the name you know what to expect and that expectation is usually what you get.
  • lighthearted26
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »

I said not regular name pooh not stereotypical ...SMH

Jairo like Heiroglyphics

That's how I got my crew name too because it sounds like Hydro. I was called Hydro for madd long and than cat's got lazy and started calling me Dro *no relation*

That's a cool name.

The thing about these names is that people with these ghetto names tend to act the same.

Like most Teishas act the same. When you hear the name you know what to expect and that expectation is usually what you get.

This is true. I've met alot of ghetto shanequas and tamekas. They are the ones giving these names a bad rap.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    names r not that important... sure some people discriminate agains "black" names, but ? them...
    and its sad that ghetto and black are synonymous in the minds of the very ppl that should know better...

and they subliminally attempted to associate his name (practically his middle name) with Arabic origins, which they have successfully made synonymous with "terrorist"
  • J-GUTTA
    edited August 2012
    Options

That's a cool name.

It's actually Biblical but don't ask because I'm like Hell Rell

"two crosses on my neck
    And I ain't ever read a scripture out that muthafuckin bible"
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    people rarely no matter where there from no what the meaning or origin of there name is.....
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    God-I_Am_Ether Members Posts: 3,409
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    that works on other names, for example, crystals are always ? (at least the ones i've met) and guys named chad or brad are douch bags

I wonder why that is?
  • lighthearted26
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »

That's a cool name.

It's actually Biblical but don't ask because I'm like Hell Rell

"two crosses on my neck
    And I ain't ever read a scripture out that muthafuckin bible"

Lol
    yea it sounds Biblical.
  • lighthearted26
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    that works on other names, for example, crystals are always ? (at least the ones i've met) and guys named chad or brad are douch bags

Yea true I can't argue with that one except I'd trade crystal out with Veronica, never met a nice girl with that name.
  • rockets
    rockets Members Posts: 481 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    Stopitfive wrote: »

and they subliminally attempted to associate his name (practically his middle name) with Arabic origins, which they have successfully made synonymous with "terrorist"

What's your point? He's still the president..... I bet your name is John and you still aint ? in life. LOL. I joke. But it kills me that people go in on names and claim their names are "normal" or "white" like Britney and Christopher, but they still work at the call center or the carwash. Meaning they aint nobody. So this just proves names don't matter. It is how you raise up a child that matters, not what you name them. No one claimed those names are african by the way.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smmfh.
    My name is Indian and people always trying to make it sound messican :- /

I feel some posters pain :-(
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my ghetto name>>>> being named a "proper" name cuz yall think it's a fail...

btw how many news reporters that are black females with ghetto names... if u gotta degree they dont give a ? what yo name is...
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Title of this thread reminded of that DMX song.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MdAbsd0HmI&feature=youtube_gdata_player