Follow the Presidential Election on Xbox Live

Options
focus
focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in IllGaming
Follow the Presidential Election on Xbox Live
Watch debates and interact with polls, news, analysis and more.
by Andrew Goldfarb AUGUST 23, 2012

Microsoft has announced Election 2012 on Xbox Live, a hub that will allow players to watch debates and interact with polls, news, analysis and more. NBCNews.com will provide daily coverage that will be accessible from the hub beginning on August 27th with news related to the upcoming Democratic and Republican National Conventions.

Xbox Live will also offer live feeds of both conventions, as well as offering fans the chance to interact with three presidential debates “by responding to poll questions throughout live programming of the debates and other unique election events hosted on Xbox Live throughout the campaign season.”

"We want to provide our passionate Xbox Live community with a great way to experience the election process with TV that makes them participants - and not just viewers," said Microsoft Interactive Entertainment Business corporate vice president Marc Whitten. "This is a great example of how our Xbox capabilities are making the promise of interactive television a reality."

Future content on the hub will include youth town hall conversations in Tampa and Charlotte on August 29th and September 5th called “Conversations with the Next Generation.” Microsoft has teamed with nonpartisan, independently funded organization Face The Facts USA for informational videos and Rock the Vote to facilitate voter registration information. More details about Xbox Live’s 2012 election hub is available on Microsoft’s official site.

While you’re checking out Xbox Live’s content, be sure to download IGN’s Xbox Live App for access to videos, live streams and all of the IGN shows you know and love.

I watched the Mars landing like this. And they had that Black Op's II tournament after that. Watched that in a party. Now this. I been watching the republican national convention off and on through this. It lets you vote on issues concerning the election and displays the results, and also has a continuous graph that shows the real time reaction from the 360 audience to everything that is happening on screen that you can also influence. ? is dope. I'm ready for the debates.

Comments