WHO IS THE GREATEST RAPPER OF ALL TIME? (POLL)

Options
_Menace_
_Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2012 in The Reason
This was made about a year ago with NaS winning. I'm pretty sure a lot of people have joined the IC

Who's The GOAT? 229 votes

Tupac Shakur
25%
wilberdmillztb_lion_heart[Deleted User]emceemurdawu-tang4everCracceRinfamous114aneed123chi-guywater ur seeds25centsandwichdeadprezadentzgman82kingblaze84biggboyy2002bless the childnohiphop1spit_fiya[Deleted User] 59 votes
Biggie Smalls
4%
reverend_al[Deleted User]DOPEdweebzwoah316King_MeDaBulltrilladelicmr.jamrockdeemula420EmM HoLLa.d1al_t0ne 11 votes
ICE CUBE
1%
doughboy_esjuan travoltaMrLunatik1979 3 votes
Jay-Z
17%
mohameddalyricalbanditfrostyicy i ro nythefocusman2texas409ravageTrillaaaaaajoeyfkncrakksullyscog81P. TownR.D.af.r.i.c.a.IceBergTaylorsTaY_TrUeCoolJoeMr.LVCeLLaR-DooRsemi-auto-mato 40 votes
NaS
33%
a_listbuttuh_ba.manndwade206nawledge_godfarrellgiftedkilla-dwhite7155th Letterscrapper1jee504fortyacresrip.dillanex ginthe_focused_oneGettinLopsychobutcher sniperkqawshun 77 votes
Rakim
3%
hefty-vulturestatusFocal PointLou CypherKamPushMetwentyfivelighterssoulbrotherPreach2Teach 7 votes
Andre 3000
1%
shizzaAggieLean.MARIO_DRO 3 votes
Kanye West
0%
blu197Lebong James 2 votes
Eminem
2%
VIBETimeToPartymadisonstbullybears2248WilliamWallace1GR3y 6 votes
Other (If You Click This name the Rapper who you think is the GOAT)
9%
2stepz_aheadcurtis75blackBcotton5cobblandriddlerapBodhidrsnapppleFyHunnit_God_aladdin1978CottonCitySlimMeekMonizzLLLLLLe14KeepinItHundredParallelPK_TK_187DMIcarnalesflows515pachá125 GrandQpczykRevolver Ocelot 21 votes

Comments

• _Menace_
    Options
    Tupac Shakur
    Yall Already Know.....

041612tupac.jpg
  • _Menace_
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Tupac Shakur
    I posted these in another thread....here's why I think Pac is the GOAT

2012-last-2pac-interview-about-illuminati-conspiracy-theory-tupac-shakur.jpg

Tupac is the GOAT for a reason, just beacuse he died way before his time you cant discredit him for what he has done.

Pac is known for his controversial lyrics and,behavior outside the studio. Lets look at the albums he dropped before he died.

2pacalypse (8/10)
    220px-2pacalypse_now.jpg

A young Pac just getting started he was just stepping his foot through the door droping his first album he had some dope tracks on that album also (Brendas Gotta Baby,Trapped,I don't give a ? )

Strictly For My ? (8.5/10)
    220px-Strictly_4_My_N.I.G.G.A.Z.jpg

A step up from his 1st album more a deep political album (Keep Ya Head Up is the best song on that album and his best song ever in my opinion). You also got "I get Around" "5Deadly Venomz" "Papaz Song"

THUG LIFE (7/10)
    2pac---thug-life--vol--1.jpg

Straight up Thugish ? good album with some pretty dope tracks (Cradle To The Grave,Str8 Ballin,How Long Will They Mourn Me,Bury Me A G,Pour Out Some Liquor) This is a slept on album that doesnt get enough credit.

Me Against The World 10/10
    220px-Meagainsttheworldcover.jpg

This is considered Pac's best album to some people just a straight up CLASSIC album. Pac showed his critics that he put out a classic record, This album was number 1 while Pac was incarcerated making him the first musician to have an number 1 album while locked up. This is full of great songs (Dear Momma might be Pac's best song ever, Me Against The World,Temptations,Shed So Many Tears,? The World,Old School,Death Around The Corner)

All Eyes On Me 9.5/10
    220px-Alleyezonme.jpg

Pac's first album on DeathRow and My Favorite Pac album plus he didn't disappoint at all he finished this album really fast but by listening to it you wouldn't think it sounded rushed at all. It still sounds fresh like it came out today.Every song on that album can easily be a single no doubt about it. I can list all the songs but my top 5 songs on All Eyes On Me has to be (Ambition As A Ridah/How Do You Want It/Only ? Can Judge Me/Run Tha Streets/ Shorty Wanna Be A Thug.) I would give this album a full 10 if it didn't have a lot of features but regardless it's another classic for Pac. I'm pretty sure the album is Diamond(14x plat) right now they haven't counted the sales in years. Last time it was 9x plat of June '98.

The Don Killuminati (10/10)
    220px-2Pac_Makaveli-The_Don_Killuminati_front.jpg

This might be Pac's best album in my opinion this whole album showed the growth of Pac and showed where he was heading music wise. He made this album in 7days every track on the album are great but 5 songs stick out when you mention this album. (Hail Mary/Toss It Up/Against All Odds/Blasphemy/To Live And Die In L.A) Pac's 3rd classic album in a row and probably would've been his last album on Death Row.

The Reason I think Pac is the goat is because of who he was as an artist,and what he has accomplished while he was here on earth. PAC showed versatility every other song on each album. He can go from a song like Keep Ya Head Up to Hit' Em Up then from Dear Mamma to Hail Mary and then Brenda's Gotta Baby to I Get Around. Pac is probably the only Emcee I know who get's better every other album majority of these rappers best album are their first albums with Pac's best album is his last album he did alive. Every album Pac dropped he showed improvement and still put out hits.

Pac had the craziest work ethic LAZY doesnt come close to describe him he had 8 albums drop after his death (3 Double Disc Albums 4 total including AEOM),
    He was in the studio everyday drop 3 songs a day he was either in n out of court or on the movie set.
    His lyrics where real and deep anyone can relate to a Pac track don't matter if you're rich,poor,black or white. Pac made music that touched everyone and that is why I consider Pac the GOAT.

2763799_o.gif
  • _Menace_
    Options
    Tupac Shakur
    Where's everyone at?
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NaS
    White jesus should have never gave you ? ? .
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay-Z
    I went with Shawn but it rotates between Nasir and Mr. Shakur when I got the iPod on shuffle
  • madisonstbully
    madisonstbully Members Posts: 66 ✭✭
    Options
    Eminem
    why the ? is kanye on the list
  • _Menace_
    Options
    Tupac Shakur
    why the ? is kanye on the list
    Kanye's catalogue >>> Eminem's ? catalogue. Lol.

• FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL @ 3000 being placed on the same list as Nas and Jay.

• _Menace_
    Options
    Tupac Shakur
    LOL @ 3000 being placed on the same list as Nas and Jay.

you'd be surprised how much people on the IC say Andre is the GOAT just wait for it
  • madisonstbully
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Eminem
    Eminem lyrics >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> kanye lyrics
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What has Pac and Biggie done for this generation?
    Besides samples and ? , I think these two are in the same boat as Rakim.

• madisonstbully
    Options
    Eminem
    you cant be that horrible a rapper and be a considered a goat
  • _Menace_
    Options
    Tupac Shakur

Their music and legacy didnt stay in the 90's.

Every kid who grew up in the 90's and was around people listening to them know Pac and Big

their legends
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • DMTxTHC
    edited August 2012
    Options
    NaS

You right. Their music has been sampled a lot since then. A lot of their rhymes have been bitten as well.

Last year I contributed like 70 instances where rhymes bitten from Biggie in a thread from rapmastermind. Several months later this issue of XXL came out...

notorious-big-xxl-cover.jpg

...that^ issue had mad instances of rhymes that were bitten from Bigg that I wasn't aware of.

This is the latest one that wasn't mentioned...

Borrower:
    ? , ? know the sunshine eternal
    I burn slow like Disco Inferno
    Burn slow like blunts with yayo - Jay Electronica, Call Of Duty.

Lender:
    Burn slow like blunts with Yayo
    Peel more skins than Idaho Potato, ? know - Biggie, Who Shot Ya?

A few Biggie references...

So I stay Ready to Die behind these Biggie lenses - Tyga, I'm Gone.

I gets ghost, the way she screaming "Big"
    ? couldn't tell if I was dead or alive - Big Sean, Slight Work.

etc. etc.

Out of any rapper, Biggie has the most rhymes that were bitten. And the only other rapper that has been referenced as much is probably Pac.

Biggie is Pusha-T fav rapper by the way.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • DMTxTHC
    edited August 2012
    Options
    NaS
    Eminem lyrics >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> kanye lyrics
    you cant be that horrible a rapper and be a considered a goat

Too bad none of Em's albums match up to Kanye's albums.

You can rhyme words with "orange" all day long, but if you don't got the body of work to back up whatever skills you have then what's the point?

Em ain't no GOAT, but he is wildly overrated.

Oh yeah, Kanye's production >>>>>>> Em's production.
  • TimeToParty
    TimeToParty Members Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eminem
    So when Weezy says that he's better than Jay-Z, please be that just subliminally He means he thinks that Jigga's the best, and that he's the only one up in that league, see? And it's easy just to consider me one of the greatest white rappers there is Knowin' ? well that I'm one of the best ? ' rappers who ever lived period -Eminem
  • _Menace_
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Tupac Shakur
    NaS might win... this again....
    I bet none off yall copped Life Is Good

lol
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Tupac Shakur
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    NaS might when this again....

lol

You mean win?
  • _Menace_
    Options
    Tupac Shakur
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    NaS might when this again....

lol

You mean win?

my bad....im on some other ? now...
  • _Menace_
    Options
    Tupac Shakur
    Bcotton voted other... I wont even ask who hes gonna choose.

I asked who's the GOAT not the WOAT