Class reunion letter lists 'white graduates only' party

Shizlansky
Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2012 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Graduates from the St. Martinville, La., Senior High School Class of 1973 decided that after nearly 40 years, they would stop holding segregated class reunions, but a letter announcing the change included an after party for "white graduates only."

Michael Kreamer, who is the principal of the Louisiana school, said the letter was brought to his attention on Friday morning.

"It's disappointing to see something like this," he said. "The school was really not involved at all in it."

On Sept. 21, a reception will be held at the school, followed by the homecoming football game, which the letter notes all graduates are welcome to attend.

After the game, "white graduates only" are invited to a classmate's home and are encouraged to bring a "food dish to share."

Liza Chance, one of the organizers of the event, told ABC affiliate KATC the group had originally planned to have separate parties again this year, but then changed their minds, and that the old plans were sent prematurely.

"I don't understand why this went the way it did," she said.

Comments

• powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can't really expect much more than that. that's deeeeep deep south louisiana. like south of I10. I remember going there for football games in high school when we were 2a. It's a nothing happening spot. You know it's bad when you have to go to new iberia to have a good time.
  • elementalP
    elementalP Members Posts: 202
    I aint surprised at all man. Change is one of the hardest things to do for some. Especially rascists.
  • HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fucc em. I'd show up to they ? wit the most grimey ? i could find.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this dude said the school wasn't involved

you think us stupid? Jim Crow? yea, yall been involved for some time...

but no ? are given about those old ass brittle racist ? with blu blockers on
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was the first time I read the comments on yahoo and them be some racist ? on there.

And somehow it turned into a Obama hate thing.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    This was the first time I read the comments on yahoo and them be some racist ? on there.

And somehow it turned into a Obama hate thing.

It always turn in to an Obama hate thing they could be talking about sports an the comments would get directed towards him.
  • MrLunatik1979
    MrLunatik1979 Members Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »

the school is behind who is invited to a specific person's home? what happened was wrong but not everything is a conspiracy
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭

the school is behind who is invited to a specific person's home? what happened was wrong but not everything is a conspiracy

my man, I'm not talking conspiracy...I'm talking history...

Especially La? Down south in the southern regions where some ignorant ass white dudes rock the chevy trucks on big wheels with the Union flags in the back of the truck?

My point is, they acting brand new like they didn't know these old ass folks were a part of an era where that ? was normal. And the school participated back then...

stop caping for ignorant ?
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My ten year was this year. Never materialized.

Somehow I believe it did, tho. We coloreds just didn't get the memo. I care so little tho, I wouldn't have been present either way.
  • heyslick
    heyslick Members Posts: 1,179
    Michael Kreamer, who is the principal of the Louisiana school, said the letter was brought to his attention on Friday morning.

"It's disappointing to see something like this," he said. "The school was really not involved at all in it."

On Sept. 21, a reception will be held at the school, followed by the homecoming football game, which the letter notes all graduates are welcome to attend.

After the game, "white graduates only" are invited to a classmate's home and are encouraged to bring a "food dish to share."

I just don't understand this

The double standard is played so frequently - if this were reversed and black people wanted there own people at said black persons house....IMO this wouldn't even be an issue - BUT since it wasn't.....out comes the BIG R word.

• God-I_Am_Ether
    God-I_Am_Ether Members Posts: 3,409
    Why does this bother people? Are Black people the only group of people that have Black this or Black that? Black owned. FUBU.

White are going to start demanding equal rights.
  • MrLunatik1979

Especially La? Down south in the southern regions where some ignorant ass white dudes rock the chevy trucks on big wheels with the Union flags in the back of the truck?

My point is, they acting brand new like they didn't know these old ass folks were a part of an era where that ? was normal. And the school participated back then...

I never suggested the history wasn't there. But you can't just assume every racist thing is because all whites hate blacks. Was there racism by some old ? ? Definitely, but it was an invite to a PRIVATE RESIDENCE. A school has no control over who is invited to that. To suggest it's the schools fault is the only ignorance here, unless you would prefer they keep ? segregated. The school tried to take a step forward and you are ? on them for that? That don't make no sense to me.

• God-I_Am_Ether
    I wonder if there was any Black people that wanted to go.
  • FucktheIC
    FucktheIC Members Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭✭✭
    reunions are all about reliving the good ol' days aren't they?
  • MrLunatik1979
    FucktheIC wrote: »
    reunions are all about reliving the good ol' days aren't they?
    well ? then why is anyone complaining they should be happy there is no cross burning and lynching and its something as small as a segregated party

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Lost
    Lost Members Posts: 152
    I would go anyway and say I didn't know.
  • MrLunatik1979
    schools dont organize reunions...
    this too
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They stay tryin to start some conflict or trouble with black people. This Been goin on for centuries. Black people dont be tryin to start problems with them. Someone there knew this would be controversial and cause problems and they had to do it anyway. No surprise there.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how the asians feel about this.
  • heyslick
    Why does this bother people? Are Black people the only group of people that have Black this or Black that? Black owned. FUBU.

White are going to start demanding equal rights.

You left out the BLACK CONGRESSIONAL CONGRESS - can you image if we had the CWhiteC or say the NAAWhitepeople -- LMAO! actually you might be to on to something. IMO aren't black people known for there dominant genes....why would they wanna assimilate/or be equal...they wanna dominate everything don't they? e.g.,sports, entertainment etc.

• CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

Especially La? Down south in the southern regions where some ignorant ass white dudes rock the chevy trucks on big wheels with the Confederate flags in the back of the truck?

Fixed
  • heyslick

Just how many more generations are black people gonna hold innocent white people to that era? Just how damn often do white people have to be subjected to the likes of the mob mentality of some black? Don't tell me that some black youth aren't bound and determined to turn this kind of situation into a racial issue...and make it into more than it really is.
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    heyslick wrote: »

Just how many more generations are black people gonna hold innocent white people to that era? Just how damn often do white people have to be subjected to the likes of the mob mentality of some black? Don't tell me that some black youth aren't bound and determined to turn this kind of situation into a racial issue...and make it into more than it really is.

Listen Slick

That's the best excuse ? have. ? refuse to let go of slavery and anything pertaining to it. Forget all the history inbetween. ? think there was slavery then today. Why do you think ? hold on to the word ? with a grip like a vice? Because it connects them to that past.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people are just so ignorant. @heyslick and @ether, you guys gotta go see the world man. All this, what if blacks did it or the white congressional congress thing is plain stupid. This happens all around the world and its expected. In other words, any minority group can come together and form some type of coalition and be accepted. This isn't just a America or Black and White thing. All over the world, in any political system, there is likely a majority and a minority, and the minority create all types of coalitions and its always accepted.

In terms of America, you why there is a black congressional Congress? because the rest of the congress is the white congressional.

Travel and most importantly read a book yo.