Nokia Lumina 920 Windows Phone 8 To Feature Wireless Charging, 32GB Storage, and More

2pacnbiggie
2pacnbiggie Members Posts: 263 ✭✭
edited September 2012 in IllTek
Lumia920x.png

Update: An image of the wireless charging stand has now leaked as well. Image after the break.

With the Nokia Windows Phone 8 event only two days away, we're seeing a few more rumors surface on the Lumia 920. We've already seen renderings of the rumored device along with speculation that the new Nokia Windows Phone will have Pureview camera technology.

The latest rumors have the 920 fitted with 32GB of storage and have wireless charging capability. Neither are too much of a stretch with many wishing existing Lumia Windows Phones had the 32GBs of storage.

The wireless charging pad for the new Lumias

The wireless conductive charging will be accomplished by placing a magnetic strip down the back of the phone. The 920 will reportedly support the Q1 wireless power standard and be compatible with chargers such as the Duracell Powermat. Similar technology existed with the Palm TouchStone charger and was even hacked onto a Lumia 800 back in April.

Both the 32GBs of storage and wireless conductive charging would be welcomed features to the Lumia 920. We'll be at the Nokia event in New York on Wednesday when all the speculation and rumors should come into better focus.

Source: wpcentral.com

Comments

• DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    iphone 5>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • 2pacnbiggie
    IPhone 5 is a minor upgrade ios6 is a joke with even more minor upgrades and stolen features from windows phone. Apple lost its innovation and apple customers lost
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All these other phones are iPhones sons.

iPhone>>>>>>>
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn @ you cats blindly following Apple.

The Windows 8 will make Apple rethink its philosphy about mixing touch screen and laptop.
  • inthacut
    inthacut Members Posts: 955 ✭✭✭
    Right now this phone and the Samsung ATIV S are the front runners for me.

I'm waiting to see what else get launched before i make a final decision though.
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am going to hold out on the SIII and try this phone out for at least 30 days.
  • 2pacnbiggie
    Lmao the iPhone 5 is basically the iPhone 4.5 ? is minor upgrades u would expect in a new phone yall just iPhone sheep ..the camera is the same ? from the 4s wtf

Galaxy s3 Nokia 920 way better.
  • victory_kid
    victory_kid Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samsun Ativ S OS is Windows?? -- what happened to Android OS?
  • 2pacnbiggie
    The Samsung ativ s is basically the galaxy s3 running wp8
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea im certainly getting this phone i got the nokia lumia 900 right now and i love that ? so i will welcome the upgrade
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    I Don't Like OS The TBH...Phone Is Kinda Plain Too...
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem? It runs Windows

? Windows

I'm cool
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    The problem? It runs Windows

? Windows

I'm cool

Dude windows 8 will not be like the past versions at all. they are completely overhauling the os this time around in favor of smooth integration by many windows devices sharing the same code base. at the heart of wp8 will be the windows nt kernel used also by pc's. the shared core will extend into flie sharing and security infacstructure as well. the benefits of doing this means developers can now create drivers and apps that have the possibility of jumping from phone to a desktop to a tablet. and for the gameheads it comes with a direct x graphics engine and unity support. out of all the os's out now, windows phone 8 imo, has the most potential and can do serious damage
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm interesting...I just have my reservations...but I will keep my eye on it after reading your post

good look on da 411
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wireless charging is a nice feature...
  • MrSoutCity
    Will that ? be prone to viruses like the PC version?

And htc just copy these ? ? lol..
  • Ounceman
    edited September 2012
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    Hmm interesting...I just have my reservations...but I will keep my eye on it after reading your post

good look on da 411

O fa sho chemix. i dont for one second fault you for thinking the way you do. i originally had my own reservations about the windows platform as well. as ive stated in another topic. when i purchased the samsung blackjack back in i believe 2005, it was running on windows mobile at that time. and i absolutely hated it. it was the ? os ive had the displeasure of using. but after many failed attempts, windows appears to have finally found their stride with the upcomming wp8. and if it delivers on its promises consider me a supporter. my only fear is at this point it may be a little to late. with android and apple dominating mobile sales and windows only receiving a measle 2.4% of the profit share. windows realizes this are making crucial changes to increase their profit margin and to be a serious contender. besides it's a refreshing alternative to to whats on the market now (blackberry, symbian, apple, android)

• Ounceman
    So far its been getting stellar reviews from various sites. the only knocks i can find are that some complain about the weight being too heavy and the wp8 ecosystem is lacking compared to ios and android. but with all of the software developers on board that will change soon

reviews.cnet.com/nokia-lumia-920/

expertreviews.co.uk/smartphones/1295656/nokia-lumia-920

t3.com/reviews/nokia-lumia-920-review

v3.co.uk/v3-uk/review/2222115/nokia-lumia-920-review

laptopmag.com/nokia-lumia-920.aspx
  • MrSoutCity
    I wanted to wait for this phone but ? this ? . I got my s3 yesterday I wait the 30 days see whats up
  • Ounceman
    MrSoutCity wrote: »
    I wanted to wait for this phone but ? this ? . I got my s3 yesterday I wait the 30 days see whats up

I'm at a similar crossroad like u bruh. Im eligaboe for an upgrade but With no release date in site for this I was going to say ? it and either cop the s3 or the 8x. But the site told me the official release date was the 11th of this month. I think imma just tough it out and wait a few extra days
  • Ounceman
    edited November 2012
    Okay so i received my lumia last week in the cyan color with matte material. just looking at the design in person i was impressed anby how gorgeous the phone was. i also received a free wireless charger too in the same color all for under $100 so that was a steal.

After 1 week of using it, i must honestly say that it exceeded my expectations. coming from the iphone im already enjoying it better than that. the screen resolution is top notch coming in at 1280 x 768 pixels. and it definately shows in video playback. its easier to copy/paste, tethering and nfc had no problems, and syncing thru skydrive was a cakewalk. the interface was intuitive and fast, calling for a pleasurable user experience. but the real star of the show was the camera. they def. werent fibbing when they said it was a camera to be reckoned with. in fact thats an understatement. the 8.7 megapixel with pureview motion is superior. and i would put it against any other phone's camera on the market. the low light adjustment and autofocusing was the icing on the cake. add the lenses feature and it gives me everything i need to not ? with instagram ever again

overall i really like this phone. there are certain things that bug me like apps running in the background tend to drain the battery and it will go to bing sometimes involunarily. but nothing that cant be fixed. also coming from an iphone to windows phone the app selection is kind of on the smaller side. but its improving day by day. and when developers like unity start taking advantage of the snapdragon hardware, ? will have no choice but be forced to recognize that a new sheriff is in town and is here to stay. and anybody tired of both ios and android will have a 3rd option to call their own

but lastly going back to the design, what most people seem to dislike about the phone is its weight and size. i meani think its slightly over-exaggerated. but it is on the thicker side. and honestly thats not a drawback at all. its a very well made phone and it was constructed to go to war. this ? is built like a ? tank. which also means it can and will withstand alot of punishment

like this video for example. all i can say is if this guy tried the same test with an iphone or galaxy s3, all i will do is laugh at the results

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDEahsoa_N4
  • jokaman_03
    jokaman_03 Members Posts: 39
    ^^^^^gotta cosign this post. Just got mine Tues and this phone is a beast. Battery life is outstanding. Like he said the apps will come. I like especially how deeply integrated Skype, Facebook and twitter is integrated into the OS. I can basically tweet and post to fb w/o apps. Also the people hub shows the latest from your twitter and fb friends. Overall it is a really good phone and would recommend to people
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol @ people still hyping the iPhone. I predicted that it would be surpassed within the next five months. The ? has already been surpassed. The Droid DNA is comparable to the 16 GB iPhone and pretty much superior to it in every way even in display which is the one area where the iPhone seemed to have a permanent leg up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1mJYiFHDbM&list=UUsW36751Gy-EAbHQwe9WBNw&index=16&feature=plcp
  • sychorat
    sychorat Members Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nokia Lumia 920: The best phone that nobody wants. Very unfortunate.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point there is no reason to go for a Windows phone. It doesn't allow for the customization that Android does and does have the support and stability that iPhones do. Maybe in few years they will be a factor.