Am I an 'insensitive bastard' ladies?

dallas' 4 eva
dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2012 in The Powder Room
I'll keep it brief. My girl says I'm an insensitive bastard because I'm thinking of her feelings and want to take a break from our relationship. I'm never home and it is starting to wear on the both of us. I want to let her go so she doesn't feel obligated to me while I'm on the road working. She says she doesn't want to break up that we can work through this, and I am making this decision without any input or approval from her.

Am I wrong here?

Comments

• Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Who are you to say what's best for her?

If YOU can't handle it then just say so but don't put it on her.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dunno, i think you're prolly robbing her of an opportunity to prove her loyalty to you....

are you loyal to her??
  • MissK
    MissK Members Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can understand both sides.

But are you using that as an excuse to leave the relationship?
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're insensitive yet she's the one calling you names?

Oh boy, you sure found a keeper.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    she just wants the opportunity to cheat on u... save yourself...
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, you're not wrong.

Although I believe in a couple making shared decisions, when one needs a "break" or "time off", it's a sign of the end to a relationship. If you want out, leave. She has no say so, it'd be the same flipped around. Can't force a relationship.
  • Kat
    VIBE wrote: »
    No, you're not wrong.

Although I believe in a couple making shared decisions, when one needs a "break" or "time off", it's a sign of the end to a relationship. If you want out, leave. She has no say so, it'd be the same flipped around. Can't force a relationship.

I agree with this, but I feel like HE wants out and he's trying to make it seem like it's whats best for HER or what SHE wants when it's not.

If you want out, free yourself! But don't be a ? and try to put it on her..own it.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    She's always been loyal to me. She's been the one constant in my life for going on nine years now. I'm just saying she calls me up the other night crying about how some guy had a fit of road rage and followed her home, and I'm in ? Seattle.

The fellas can understand me when I say there are very few feelings in the world worse than the feeling of not being able to protect your woman. Doesn't she deserve somebody who is actually there? I want to be with her always have wanted to, but I'm just confused as to what to do.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    I called her and told her we'll work it out when I get home. She has vacation time so maybe I'll bring her on the road with me for a while. I just felt really down cause she needed me and I wasn't there. Felt like I failed her just had me depressed. Dad always told me growing up what good are you to a woman if you can't protect her.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Good @Dallas at least give it a chance. She seems to want to fight for it....you should too
  • Meta_Conscious
    u will regret it bruh... u already let her know she aint that important... she will use that ? at a later date...
  • Kat
    smh..don't listen to boog's bitter (and single) ass.

If you break it down like you broke it down in here she will understand..just don't do that ? again.
  • Kat
    Yeah he hates that he loves me.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    am i wrong for not wanting to share my weed
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    kai_valya wrote: »
    Vader wrote: »

oh no, you and i couldn't get along lol

as long as u cookin im sharin....good?

• Meta_Conscious
    sooner or later we'll all see who the prophet is...
    ? minds r fragile...
  • Vader_F_Kennedy

oh no, you and i couldn't get along lol

as long as u cookin im sharin....good?

alrighty, it's a deal

[img][/img]imager.php?id=1347739&t=o GIFSoup
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    No I don't think you're insensitive if you feel all the traveling is putting a strain on the relationship it's your right to feel that way. but if she can deal with it then at least let her prove it to you.
  • SixSickSins
    SixSickSins Members Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I swear some men will have the most loyal female committed to make things work no matter what...and then be so quick to throw that away. Then later down the road be the first muhfugga to say "hoes ain't ? ", "ain't no good women", "gotta stay HOH" when you can't find anyone nearly as good as what you had. Wack.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    I swear some men will have the most loyal female committed to make things work no matter what...and then be so quick to throw that away. Then later down the road be the first muhfugga to say "hoes ain't ? ", "ain't no good women", "gotta stay HOH" when you can't find anyone nearly as good as what you had. Wack.

Step off the gas lil mama, I admitted I had a moment of doubt and it clouded my judgement. She been in my life since I was a teenager I aint ever let her go and cursed no other women behind it.
  • Meta_Conscious

? ...
    "loyal female" is a myth created by radical feminists...
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you are using this as an excuse IMO...

Be honest with yourself and her bruh....

Lets change scenarios...What if you were off at war instead of on the road working with alot of idle time to mingle....And you were fighting for your life on a daily basis.... Doing things where there would be little distraction from females.....

Would you want to break it off then because you weren't "there for her"? Or would you want her to stay faithful to you and be waiting on you to get home?

See my point?

I mean, I don't know how you really feel, but if you just want to do you because you know being out there on the road you are going to be tempted and care enough about her to not just be a dog and cheat, then tell her that.

• dallas' 4 eva
    Not a cheater, never have been. Not about temptation or sex, I sincerely just felt like I wasn't making her happy. She told me just knowing I'm hers no matter what makes her happy. Like I said she been in my life since I was 15, I've always felt responsible for her, even when we weren't together.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do what YOU want to do, but be completely honest with her about why you are doing it. Women get clingy so it will take a bit of work.