smfh U.S ARMY is straight slaughtering journalists now

Options
Swiffness!
Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2012 in The Social Lounge
Marie Colvin, an American reporter for the British newspaper, and photographer Remi Ochlik both died in the attack, the French government said.

Shells hit the house in which the two veteran war correspondents were staying, then they were killed by a rocket as they tried to make their escape, activists told Reuters.

http://youtu.be/nww7rRSq0x8

Colvin, known for wearing a black eye patch after she lost an eye due to a shrapnel wound while working in Sri Lanka in 2001, was the only journalist from a British newspaper in Homs.

At least two other Western journalists - including the British photographer Paul Conroy who was on an assignment with Colvin - were reportedly wounded after more than 10 rockets hit the house.

Only yesterday, Colvin reported on shelling in the city in a video for the BBC, as well as CNN, in which she described the bloodshed as “absolutely sickening”.

“I watched a little baby die today,” the award-winning reporter said. “Absolutely horrific."

“There is just shells, rockets and tank fire pouring into civilian areas of this city and it is just unrelenting.”

In a report published in the Sunday Times over the weekend, Colvin spoke of the citizens of Homs "waiting for a massacre".

"The scale of human tragedy in the city is immense. The inhabitants are living in terror. Almost every family seems to have suffered the death or injury of a loved one," she wrote.

Jean-Pierre Perin, a journalist for the Paris-based Liberation newspaper who was with Colvin in Homs last week, claimed they had been told that the Syrian Army was "deliberately" going to shell their centre.

Mr Perin said: "A few days ago we were advised to leave the city urgently and we were told: 'If they (the Syrian Army) find you they will ? you'.

Mr Perrin, who headed to Beirut from Homs, said the Syrians were "fully aware" that the press centre was broadcasting direct evidence of crimes against humanity, including the murdering of women and children.

"The Syrian Army issued orders to '? any journalist that set foot on Syrian soil'."

It was in Beirut, the capital of Lebanon, that Mr Perin received news of the intercepted Syrian Army radio traffic.

The Syrians knew that if they destroyed the press centre, then there would be "no more information coming out of Homs", said Mr Perrin.

Mr Perin said the centre had a limited electricity supply and internet access, thanks to a generator. This made it a privileged location' compared to the rest of the decimated city.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/9097762/Syria-Sunday-Times-journalist-Marie-Colvin-killed-in-Homs.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/9098511/Marie-Colvin-Britain-summons-Syria-ambassador-over-killing.html

Yeah I lied in the title to get you to click. Worked, didn't it? Janklow will rename it after he finishes laughing anyway.

Comments

• MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    US Army??? Did this ? die in Syria?????
  • Swiffness!
    Options
    MrSoutCity wrote: »
    US Army??? Did this ? die in Syria?????

yeah Syrian Army is responsible

but I figure "Syrian Army is straight slaughtering journalists now" is good for 0 replies and 4 views so ? it lol
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yo lol the title had me ? up for a sec i was bout to cape for the army, bout to say i been in 6yrs now ain't no way thats happening
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Janklow will rename it after he finishes laughing anyway.
    denied on the grounds that i find the concept of people so excited about the lie of a title being INCREDIBLE disappointed to be funny. for now, anyway

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    you didnt had to lie.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn that's ? up for Syria's troops to be doing that. It's a civil war there though and America should butt out. The world should do something about this though, it seems Assad's troops are committing atrocities there on a daily basis.
  • MrSoutCity
    Options
    Damn that's ? up for Syria's troops to be doing that. It's a civil war there though and America should butt out. The world should do something about this though, it seems Assad's troops are committing atrocities there on a daily basis.

Although I think Assad needs to go at this point, I think the opposition is responsible for most the ? going on and then simply blaming it to the government go the international community will intervine.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

Although I think Assad needs to go at this point, I think the opposition is responsible for most the ? going on and then simply blaming it to the government go the international community will intervine.

That's very possible, I've heard rebels are committing a ton of atrocities themselves, so I don't know who to believe. The people of Syria should decide this civil war, and the world can do what they can to help civilians
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MrSoutCity
    Options

That's very possible, I've heard rebels are committing a ton of atrocities themselves, so I don't know who to believe. The people of Syria should decide this civil war, and the world can do what they can to help civilians

I remember reading a news article where the Syrian foreign minister was asking China and Russia to get the Opposition to get to negocating table. Them ? said they was not negociating with a criminal.
  • janklow
    Options
    ? you janklow, btw...
    well, that just seems uncalled for
    I remember reading a news article where the Syrian foreign minister was asking China and Russia to get the Opposition to get to negocating table. Them ? said they was not negociating with a criminal.
    i think it's funny that this is stated as if China and/or Russia have no agenda(s) behind their position(s)
  • MrSoutCity
    edited September 2012
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    ? you janklow, btw...
    well, that just seems uncalled for
    i think it's funny that this is stated as if China and/or Russia have no agenda(s) behind their position(s)

Of course every country outside of Syria has an agenda as to what happens to the country..
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Syria is a mess. Its a civil war, let them sort it out.
  • Swiffness!
    Options

agreed but keep it real, its a CHOICE between "we should butt out" and "we should do something about this". You can't have both. Which would you rather choose kingblaze? Because if you want an international co-operative effort where the U.S provides limited help for defense budget pocket change, THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT OBAMA GAVE YOU ? IN LIBYA, AND YA'LL REACTED LIKE THE ? JUST NUKED AFRICA. LOL

? that, b. I remember 1 year ago when the Syrian Secret Police kidnapped that 13 y/o protester from a rally. This was before it was straight-up civil war. They tortured this kid in every sick way imaginable, CASTRATED HIM, and GAVE HIM BACK TO HIS FAMILY. Hamza Al-Khatib. If your gov't was doing that to 13 y/o protesters, what would your mindset be. lol yeah, exactly. ? Peace. Sorry MLK, Ghandi, and Jesus, but that's WELL into Malcolm by-any-means territory for me. ? internet protests and passive resistance, we sniping officers from rooftops.
    That's very possible, I've heard rebels are committing a ton of atrocities themselves

if Imma Syrian teenage rebel, any Syrian Secret Policia we get our hands on is gettin his whole manzone took off wit a machete. ? I WANNA PEACE TALK FO'?!

• MrSoutCity
    Options

agreed but keep it real, its a CHOICE between "we should butt out" and "we should do something about this". You can't have both. Which would you rather choose kingblaze? Because if you want an international co-operative effort where the U.S provides limited help for defense budget pocket change, THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT OBAMA GAVE YOU ? IN LIBYA, AND YA'LL REACTED LIKE THE ? JUST NUKED AFRICA. LOL

? that, b. I remember 1 year ago when the Syrian Secret Police kidnapped that 13 y/o protester from a rally. This was before it was straight-up civil war. They tortured this kid in every sick way imaginable, CASTRATED HIM, and GAVE HIM BACK TO HIS FAMILY. Hamza Al-Khatib. If your gov't was doing that to 13 y/o protesters, what would your mindset be. lol yeah, exactly. ? Peace. Sorry MLK, Ghandi, and Jesus, but that's WELL into Malcolm by-any-means territory for me. ? internet protests and passive resistance, we sniping officers from rooftops.
    That's very possible, I've heard rebels are committing a ton of atrocities themselves

if Imma Syrian teenage rebel, any Syrian Secret Policia we get our hands on is gettin his whole manzone took off wit a machete. ? I WANNA PEACE TALK FO'?!

What proof do we have that it was the government forces? Them rebel been doing ? so that their could be foreign intervention.
  • Swiffness!
    Options
    What proof do we have that it was the government forces?

His family's testimony. The Video.

http://youtu.be/q-39wdCPyvg

Al Jazeera talked to his cousin who was there when he was grabbed, had a source that said he was one of dozens rounded up by a branch of Syrian Military Intelligence that's notorious for torture
    http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2011/05/201153185927813389.html

AND THIS IS FAR FROM THE FIRST TIME HOMIE

The boys, aged between 10 and 15, were taken to one of the cells of the local Political Security branch, under the control of General Atef Najeeb, a cousin of President Bashar al-Assad.

There in the gloomy interrogation room the children were beaten and bloodied, burned and had their fingernails pulled out by grown men working for a regime whose unchecked brutality appears increasingly to be sowing the seeds of its undoing.

Human Rights Watch recently documented multiple cases of torture, including of children, among hundreds of cases of protesters arrested over the past month.

The story of Deraa is the story of the Syrian uprising: A single incident of brutality by a lawless secret police that ignited protests, which in turn escalated in size and scope fuelled by the ever increasing numbers of people killed by security forces.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2011/04/201141918352728300.html

so you got Human Rights Watch documenting torture of children already, what's another tortured 13 y/o corpse on the pile?

oh and plz peep the gov't reactions:

In response to Al Jazeera's story, the chief of Syria's medical examiners association, Dr. Akram El-Shaar, denied that Hamza was tortured. El-Shaar said that he supervised the autopsy in Damascus and that the boy did not have any sign of torture. He also claimed that Hamza had been shot in the Daraa riot and that all signs of disfigurement were due to decay.[5][6][7][8]

yep, look up the Official Syrian Gov't News and that's the party line - he was just shot and his body rotted superfast for some reason! google "The True Story of Hamza al-Khateeb's Death Belies Media Fabrications"

sheeeit there ain't no DNA or ? glove but that some damning circumstantial evidence. Sout you already nailed what a PLAUSIBLE excuse for Hamza not being kilt by Gestapo goons would sound like: "The rebels/Mossad/CIA really castrated this kid and blamed it on us!" - False Flag. But no, these dumb muhfuckas came up with some ? excuse like "his body just decayed" instead. Case Closed.

In any case, what matters is the Syrian people believed it. Marie Antoinette didn't do pretty much any of the stuff the French Rebels accused her of. Assad deserve the guillotine more than she did.
  • MrSoutCity
    Options
    Al Jazeera? you mean the network that own by Qatar? The same country that's sending weapons and support to the so called rebels?
  • janklow
    Options
    What proof do we have that it was the government forces? Them rebel been doing ? so that their could be foreign intervention.
    wait, let me see if i understand this: you don't have proof the government does it, so you presume the rebels are doing it to get foreign intervention ... so presumably, you have proof that the rebels are doing what you're talking about?

because otherwise it would be a little transparent that you demand proof of only one side's actions...

ps. it's also cute that Al-Jazeera is totally biased, but news from a STATE-RUN news agency is not.
  • MrSoutCity
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    wait, let me see if i understand this: you don't have proof the government does it, so you presume the rebels are doing it to get foreign intervention ... so presumably, you have proof that the rebels are doing what you're talking about?

because otherwise it would be a little transparent that you demand proof of only one side's actions...

ps. it's also cute that Al-Jazeera is totally biased, but news from a STATE-RUN news agency is not.

Don't get me wrong sir, I am not here to take sides. Like I said before Assad has to go for there to be any form of peace in Syria. But it kinda weird that the rebels been calling for a no fly zone the day after Gadaffi was killed, and all of a sudden the government out of the blue starts comiting all these horrible acts.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

Well as I said, AMERICA should butt out, only because we're 16 trilly in debt and have our hands tied losing bad in Afghanistan. If the world wants to help innocent civilians, I say let them but in the end, this should be settled by Syrians. I wouldn't mind if American gives humanitarian aid to people on the ground, but not weapons or ammo. And based on that video, I can't rly blame the rebels for committing their own atrocities, I can't believe the Syrian govt is castrating young kids, ?
  • janklow
    Options
    But it kinda weird that the rebels been calling for a no fly zone the day after Gadaffi was killed, and all of a sudden the government out of the blue starts comiting all these horrible acts.
    on the other hand, the government's been accusing the rebels of being al-Qaeda and framing them with fake atrocities from essentially day one as well. so...

ultimately Syria's got a track record of pushing repression as far as necessary (see also: Hama), so it's reasonable to presume the government's willing to go over the line. have rebels ALSO done so? probably, but i don't think we trust state media to give us accurate reporting on the issue.