I feel sorry for all you "you don't need college" ? in the next decade or so.

Options
FucktheIC
FucktheIC Members Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
Cuz the direction our economy is headed in, ? gon' need a bachelors just to work at Target.

? , you already need one to be a manager at target.

Comments

• GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's funny, I majored in English Lit because I planned on going to Law School but I wound up working in the Financial Service industry as an auditor.

Point being that the fact that I had a degree opened the door for interviews and my ability allowed my career to progress. I need to go back to school tho... I'm the only one in my family (Wife, Brother and Sister) that doesn't have a Masters or JD.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They say they suggest not going to college and to be an entrepreneur, because well, most of the ? we have today are from those kind of people.
  • FucktheIC
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    They say they suggest not going to college and to be an entrepreneur, because well, most of the ? we have today are from those kind of people.

Who's they? You could be the next Mark Zuckerberg....but probably not. You COULD be the next Michael Dell....but probably not. ? need to stop being stupid and take they ? to college.

There's some ? that's gonna bubble up to the surface about free trade agreements. In the 80's and 90's we opened up everything to globalization assuming we would have the workforce to transition from skills based to service based jobs, but we don't. People still have this idea that you can just get a diploma, get a job as an electrician, and call it a day. But those jobs are gonna see a reduction of about 25% in the next decade where as America will be short about 90K doctors in the next decade.

Smarten up gentlemen.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It depends on your profession
  • FucktheIC
    edited September 2012
    Options

No it doesn't, bruh. Skill based jobs are being phased out.

http://www.wfs.org/content/2-billion-jobs-disappear-2030

This is just one source. There are a couple books out there. I have some studies from the Department of Labor, but I only have them on paper, and they haven't published them publicly yet.

But yeah....? is ugly brehs.

For the record, I think the numbers here are a bit exaggerated, but the sentiment is the same.
  • MC The Rapper
    Options
    FucktheIC wrote: »

This is just one source. There are a couple books out there. I have some studies from the Department of Labor, but I only have them on paper, and they haven't published them publicly yet.

For the record, I think the numbers here are a bit exaggerated, but the sentiment is the same.

yeah IT is a lot different from your average profession rules don't apply now some employers are picky but most are

not unless its like a senior position. but you know about every profession right hahaha right
  • FucktheIC
    Options

yeah IT is a lot different from your average profession rules don't apply now some employers are picky but most are

not unless its like a senior position. but you know about every profession right hahaha right

Bruh, you can't even do helpdesk ? without a bachelor degree.

You can't cite an exception as the rule.
  • FucktheIC
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    some cats are better off just going to trade school.

Trade school to do what, though? What's gonna happen when old cars are phased out? It's very short sighted. ? don't need to prepare themselves for now, they need to prepare themselves for tomorrow.
  • MC The Rapper
    Options

so if i post a job listing right now will you shut the ? up ?
  • FucktheIC
    Options

Trade school to do what, though? What's gonna happen when old cars are phased out? It's very short sighted. ? don't need to prepare themselves for now, they need to prepare themselves for tomorrow.

No, cuz we're not talking about one job. I'm talking about trends. Trends, ? .
  • MC The Rapper
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Apply Now >>
    Save it | Email It | Print it Report this job
    Job Snapshot
    Employee Type : Contractor
    Industry : Computer Hardware
    Manages Others : Not Specified
    Job Type : Information Technology
    Experience : 0 to 2 year(s)
    Relocation Covered : No
    Post Date : 8/14/2012 Contact Information
    Description
    Must have Comptia A+
    Must have Active Top Secret security clearance
    Knowledge about Windows XP and Vista and & 7
    Requirements
    Must have Comptia A+

and you don't need a degree for security clearence
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What people fail to understand is that while there are the Mark Zuckerberg's and Bill Gates' who drop out of Harvard to start a business b/c they have an idea. But who do you think they are hiring to do the actual work? Mark Zuckerberg may have started Facebook with what he knew of computer programming, but you think he still does all the updates himself anymore? Do you really think that Facebook would have become what it is today if he didn't hire software engineers to do the programming, marketing majors to get the word out and figure out a niche, accounting majors to handle the company finances, business admin majors to ensure efficient running of day-to-day operations?

Same thing for Bill Gates.

Besides, education isn't about picking up skills or the know-how to do something. College education is about training your mind to think in a certain way so when a complex problem arrives at your desk, even if you don't have the knowledge to apply, you have the critical thinking skills necessary to figure it out.
  • FucktheIC
    Options
    Apply Now >>
    Save it | Email It | Print it Report this job
    Job Snapshot
    Employee Type : Contractor
    Industry : Computer Hardware
    Manages Others : Not Specified
    Job Type : Information Technology
    Experience : 0 to 2 year(s)
    Relocation Covered : No
    Post Date : 8/14/2012 Contact Information
    Description
    Must have Comptia A+
    Requirements
    Must have Comptia A+

and you don't need a degree for security clearence

What does this have to do with anything? TRENDS!! It's where the careers are headed. And they're ALL headed in this direction.

Also, this is a contractor position, so I'm assuming no benefits. And this is Computer Hardware, not software. Since where has the money been in the hardware? I'm assuming this will be some type of troubleshooting job?

I'm not saying these jobs aren't abundant now. I'm saying they're being phased out.
    I read a report about how these schools and trade organizations hyped people up on these certifications that were good for a couple years but after the hardware's up and running you don't need as many people to trouble shoot. It's how it always works. When there's a new technology, there's a huge increase of "technicians," but afterward the need dies down.
  • MC The Rapper
    Options

No, cuz we're not talking about one job. I'm talking about trends. Trends, ? .

Again it depends on your profession if a profession is in demand and you have the skills and experience you gon get

the job regardless . Also in my profession most of degree programs don't certify you and there is no practical testing

which is crucial on these jobs where they expect you to be able to perform a tasks and have certifications.
  • FucktheIC
    Options
    sully wrote: »
    What people fail to understand is that while there are the Mark Zuckerberg's and Bill Gates' who drop out of Harvard to start a business b/c they have an idea. But who do you think they are hiring to do the actual work? Mark Zuckerberg may have started Facebook with what he knew of computer programming, but you think he still does all the updates himself anymore? Do you really think that Facebook would have become what it is today if he didn't hire software engineers to do the programming, marketing majors to get the word out and figure out a niche, accounting majors to handle the company finances, business admin majors to ensure efficient running of day-to-day operations?

Same thing for Bill Gates.

Besides, education isn't about picking up skills or the know-how to do something. College education is about training your mind to think in a certain way so when a complex problem arrives at your desk, even if you don't have the knowledge to apply, you have the critical thinking skills necessary to figure it out.

they dont' hear you breh. It's all or nothing to these ? .

Girl I was ? 's brother made 10 milli off his facebook stock options. ? didn't start the company. He got a degree and got a job.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *in college pursuing degree post*
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    @FucktheIC when old cars get phased out they'll be trained to fix the new cars. Besides there are other things like plumbing, roofing, etc. For cats that aren't book smart trade school is a more realistic option.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was gonna go to college but that ? is a hustle and its for super smart people you gotta take physics,advanced calculus,accounting and chemistry just to graduate

It makes you believe you Have to have a college education to make it but they don't tell you how 100,000's of people will have the same degree you got and be applying for the same jobs you will.

Wtf does analytical statistic class have to do wit the real world? Fucc college
  • FucktheIC
    Options
    I was gonna go to college but that ? is a hustle and its for super smart people you gotta take physics,advanced calculus,accounting and chemistry just to graduate

It makes you believe you Have to have a college education to make it but they don't tell you how 100,000's of people will have the same degree you got and be applying for the same jobs you will.

Wtf does analytical statistic class have to do wit the real world? Fucc college

haha. I took physics of harry potter and a seminar on energy policy for my science requirement and I took College algebra which was high school algebra at a faster pace.

It is a hustle, but hustle the game, don't let the game hustle you ? .
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I'll be alright. Trade school's been good to me. So push come to shove, just learn something else.
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree that by getting a college degree, you'll more than likely be better off.

Trades aren't going anywhere though.