My first recorded sermon on the importance of being prudent!

DoUwant2go2Heaven
DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2012 in R & R (Religion and Race)
I want to thank ? for continuing to open up doors of opportunity, so that He can use me for His glory. This sermon was given while I was visiting my Dad in Atlanta, GA on 9-4-12. One of the brothers there recorded it and gave me a copy. The LORD uses me to do street preaching, so I never had a chance to be recorded. But the LORD blessed me to do a more formal sermon and here is the message. ? bless you.

http://youtu.be/5KSXNXWU5mU

http://youtu.be/OJt8P2jqZ8k

Comments

• Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    May ? continue to guide your heart and mind in such a manner that please Him! Stay standing strong & humble. Continue growing and studying, preaching is a hard job. I would never dare to take on such a task standing on that pulpit over a congregation of Lords ppl. But who knows, maybe that'll change.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    I can't see videos at work but I'll check it out somehow

edit: viewed it
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    May ? continue to guide your heart and mind in such a manner that please Him! Stay standing strong & humble. Continue growing and studying, preaching is a hard job. I would never dare to take on such a task standing on that pulpit over a congregation of Lords ppl. But who knows, maybe that'll change.
    Thank you for the blessing my brother. I don't take the calling lightly brother. It is a tremendous deal and opportunity. I pray that you will walk in the calling that ? has called you too, while being filled with the knowledge of His will and growing in the wisdom, might, and power of our great ? and Savior! Amen.
  • Bodhi
    I don't believe in it, but much respect
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven

Thanks for taking the time to view it West Brooklyn. Just a question though, if somebody told you that destruction was coming to your household would you believe the report or would you ignore the report?

• Bodhi

Thanks for taking the time to view it West Brooklyn. Just a question though, if somebody told you that destruction was coming to your household would you believe the report or would you ignore the report?

I would tell them that eventually destruction will arrive at everyone's household. It's called death.

• DoUwant2go2Heaven

I would tell them that eventually destruction will arrive at everyone's household. It's called death.

I agree. But what i am talking about is if somebody came to your house and told you that a disaster was going to come soon. If you were to stay you would die, but if you would listen to the one who was delivering the message, you and those in your household, would be spared. What would you do?

• Bodhi
    I'd get more information from the person who came to my door (like what kind of disaster and why they are convinced that this disaster is real) as well as from other sources to better formulate my own opinion and then take action (or non-action) accordingly
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    I'd get more information from the person who came to my door (like what kind of disaster and why they are convinced that this disaster is real) as well as from other sources to better formulate my own opinion and then take action (or non-action) accordingly

What kind of disaster would not be worthy of leaving your house?
    &
    What if there wasn't any time to get a 2nd opinion?
  • Bodhi
    Many disasters would be enough to cause me to leave if there weren't any other options that would better suit my needs
    &
    I'd have to make a decision based on what the person at my doorstep, a complete stranger, is telling me
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    I would have to side with West B on this one...but only in respect to the one who is doing the saving. It wouldn't be too cool if the one doing the reporting does not have my best interest in mind; that in avoiding danger (or death), he or she isn't really interested in what it means for my life, but what it means for theirs. Even people who do bad things know how to give good gifts.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Many disasters would be enough to cause me to leave if there weren't any other options that would better suit my needs
    &
    I'd have to make a decision based on what the person at my doorstep, a complete stranger, is telling me

Why do you suppose that the people in Noah's' day refused to believe that judgment was coming? He preached for 120 years and only had 7 people believe him. Likewise, Lot had 1 night to warn people and he was only able to convince 3 people. They also belonged to his own household. Is it the message that's hard to believe or the messenger?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    alissowack wrote: »
    I would have to side with West B on this one...but only in respect to the one who is doing the saving. It wouldn't be too cool if the one doing the reporting does not have my best interest in mind; that in avoiding danger (or death), he or she isn't really interested in what it means for my life, but what it means for theirs. Even people who do bad things know how to give good gifts.

I'm under the assumption that the one doing the reporting would have your best interest in mind, because he/she is concerned for your welfare. Hence, the reason why they are warning you to begin with.

They greater tragedy than not believing the report, is one who knows what is about to come (disaster) yet does nothing to warn others about the impending doom.

• alissowack
    But is it really about the "disaster"? What is a broken body compared to a broken spirit? Jesus went to the cross with his body being broken, but what kept him together was his love for his Father. He endured the pain and suffering knowing that ? , the Father, loved him...and not because he's just doing what's on His Checklist. People need to know that ? loves them...and not what's going to happen to them if they don't act right.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited September 2012
    But is it really about the "disaster"? What is a broken body compared to a broken spirit? Jesus went to the cross with his body being broken, but what kept him together was his love for his Father. He endured the pain and suffering knowing that ? , the Father, loved him...and not because he's just doing what's
    on His Checklist. People need to know that ? loves them...and not what's going to happen to them if they don't act right.

Amen my brother. The instructions are clear in the book of Revelation. In order to come out of Babylon, one must first come out of her spiritually. The physical fleeing only comes after the spiritual fleeing. According to the biblical precedent that has been set forth in the holy scriptures, there won't be too many people fleeing from Babylon either spiritually or physically. The mystery of Babylon the Great has ensnared the whole world with the her enchantments. The spiritual fleeing of Babylon will be the ultimate hold up for even those who claim to know Jesus Christ. Why? Because people don't want to repent! They don't want the broken spirit or a contrite heart, which pleases ? . Instead they want to do as they please and continue as they are. That's why so many people are ignorant of the signs of the times. There is no repentance in the hearts of men. There is no fear of ? in the eyes of many. There is no love in their hearts. Sad but true.

But ? always reserves a remnant. And the scriptures are clear that those who are watching and praying will have understanding of the times and thus act accordingly. Because every individual soul is ultimately responsible for their own salvation in relation to their walk on this earth. That's why ? also tell us that the fleeing of Babylon will be individual, not corporate.

"Flee out of the midst of Babylon, and deliver every man his soul: be not cut off in her iniquity; for this is the time of the LORD'S vengeance; he will render unto her a recompence." Jeremiah 51:6

But yeah, I am in total agreement with you my friend. The gospel is the most important thing to preach no matter what! The good news of Jesus Christ will always remain the focal point in relation to anything that the LORD appoints for me to do. The Lord gives every believer their own hill to climb in this life. The hill that ? has given me to climb is prophecy. So I give Him all the glory and praise for the calling that He has enabled me to undertake. Thus the LORD has burdened my heart with a sense of urgency to not only declare the good news of Jesus Christ in order to lead souls to Christ, but to also inform the body of Christ about the prophetic events that are soon going to come to pass. I'm just the messenger and if people will not accept the message that's on them. All of Gods messengers were faced with scorn, ridicule, denial, contempt, and hate. A close reading of the book of Jeremiah will definitely demonstrate that point. But ? still uses those who He anoints. In order that they might get out His message to those who have an ear to hear and also to those who don't.

The scriptures comfort me because everything that was written in there was written for our learning. Thus, I see that no matter how "strong" the opposition is, which will confront those who belong to Christ; there were others who came before us, who experienced the same type of opposition and yet they endured it through the power, might, and anointing of the Holy Spirit. It's just an awesome testament to the grace of ? that enables His children to endure all things by His matchless power! Hallelujah!
  • Bodhi
    &

Why do you suppose that the people in Noah's' day refused to believe that judgment was coming? He preached for 120 years and only had 7 people believe him. Likewise, Lot had 1 night to warn people and he was only able to convince 3 people. They also belonged to his own household. Is it the message that's hard to believe or the messenger?

I don't believe in the flood story but in this case, it's the message that is hard to believe, I guess. You could say either, or though. Going along with the flood story however, they probably didn't believe him because they were knowledgeable enough to know that it would not be possible for Noah to take all animals on the earth into the ark, or something like that.

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    &

I don't believe in the flood story but in this case, it's the message that is hard to believe, I guess. You could say either, or though. Going along with the flood story however, they probably didn't believe him because they were knowledgeable enough to know that it would not be possible for Noah to take all animals on the earth into the ark, or something like that.

It all boils down to repentance to be honest. People don't want to believe because they don't want to repent. People would rather continue to live in darkness, hoping that their sins will never be exposed by the light. But ? is clear when He emphatically states that, "When a wicked man dieth, his expectation shall perish: and the hope of unjust men perisheth." (Proverbs 11:7)

The ones outside of the ark in Noah's day believed that judgment would never come. They thought that they would continue to eat, drink, and marry. But when ? broke up all the fountains of the great deep and opened the windows of heaven, the expectation and hope of all those outside the ark perished. ? always gets the last word my brother. There's no escaping this fact. Therefore it is imperative for all the people who are outside of the ark today, to wake up and realize that there is a ? in heaven who loves them and has provided a way for them to be let in the ark of safety; which is only through belief and confession in the finished work of Christ Jesus our LORD.

Do you prefer life or death my brother?
  • alissowack
    edited September 2012
    On the one hand you are saying that the gospel is important...then on the other hand it isn't. According to the Bible, Jesus is Lord and "Savior". Yet, you say in your post that we are responsible for our own salvation. Fleeing a disaster is one thing. Getting rid of sin is another.

Have you ever thought that maybe the reason why people don't repent because people like ourselves vainly come in the Lord's Name and ruin the integrity of His Words? Many before you had came preaching the signs and wonders of the Bible only to let them down. People like ourselves have to explain to the world how a ? that is so loving can bring about so many scandalous acts and divisions within the church especially when it was seen as the one place where there shouldn't be any conflict. For those who know us best, we have to explain the hurt we cause; the betrayal; the disrespect. Trust is a hard thing to gain when you lose it and it is going to take a "miracle" to gain it back.

I can sympathize with the people who would rather choose Hell...not because they sincerely want to be there, but because they are not convinced through our lives (and others) that Heaven is worth it.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited September 2012
    Well ? through the apostle Paul tells us that we are responsible for our own salvation. "work out your own salvation with fear and trembling." (Philippians 2:12) The word of ? always backs the words that I speak because it's not me that speaks but the Holy Spirit which speaks through me.

Also, the bible tells us why people don't repent.

"And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. 21But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in ? ."
    John 3:19-21

Passing the responsibility for our sins, and placing them on somebody else is as old as man has been on the earth. All we have to do is turn to Genesis 3 to see Eve blame the serpent and Adam blame both Eve and ? . But the stark reality is that there is no excuse for a person not repenting of their sins. Passing the buck is really a lame excuse for not taking responsibility for ones own actions. That's why the world is in the shape it's in because everybody plays the blame game instead of realizing that the man in the mirror is ultimately responsible for all of our actions.

Now are there people who have caused shame to the name of Christ and thrown His work in to disrepute? Of course. ? tells us that in Matthew 7:21-23. ? also tells us that envy, confusion, and strife all breed contention and would be brought into the church by the tares which the enemy would sow among the wheat. So all the divisions that we see in the church today are the result of hundreds and hundreds of years of false brethren creeping into the church unawares so that they could spy out the liberty that was in Christ and seek to destroy it.

Now the hill that ? has given me to climb will never involve date setting or wild speculations my friend. Those who have come before me and set dates have all failed and were proven to be false prophets. Never ever ever ever ever will I set a date for an event to come to pass because I know the LORD I serve and the word He has given to me to study. Rather I will continue to speak what the LORD brings to light and that is the signs of the times in which we now live. What a person does with the information that the LORD brings to the table through me is ultimately up to that individual. Will everybody believe? Of course not. Will there be opposition, even from those who claim to know Jesus Christ? Of course there will be. Anybody who has been born again and studies to show themselves approved knows that most of a persons opposition comes from people within the church. But again, the Bible speaks about all this happening my friend. The scriptures dictate how I look at life and how I live my life. Therefore, when i speak I pray that it will always be in line with what the Holy Spirit has revealed to me. Amen.
  • Bodhi
    edited September 2012
    &

It all boils down to repentance to be honest. People don't want to believe because they don't want to repent. People would rather continue to live in darkness, hoping that their sins will never be exposed by the light. But ? is clear when He emphatically states that, "When a wicked man dieth, his expectation shall perish: and the hope of unjust men perisheth." (Proverbs 11:7)

I do not believe there is a ? that we have to repent to. Just because I do not believe in ? does not mean that I would live in "darkness", or I guess we can agree to use the word "ignorance" or "selfishness".

"By oneself is evil done,
    by oneself defiled,
    by oneself it’s left undone,
    by self alone one purified.
    Purity, impurity on oneself depend,
    no one can purify another."
    http://www.buddhanet.net/dhammapada/d_self.htm

I prefer life btw but I've never experienced death so I have to go with what I've known
  • Bodhi
    The ones outside of the ark in Noah's day believed that judgment would never come. They thought that they would continue to eat, drink, and marry. But when ? broke up all the fountains of the great deep and opened the windows of heaven, the expectation and hope of all those outside the ark perished. ? always gets the last word my brother. There's no escaping this fact. Therefore it is imperative for all the people who are outside of the ark today, to wake up and realize that there is a ? in heaven who loves them and has provided a way for them to be let in the ark of safety; which is only through belief and confession in the finished work of Christ Jesus our LORD.

If ? truly loved them, he would not have created destruction to annihilate his own people

"4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Corinthians+13&version=NIV

your ? seems to be the worst hypocrite in history

4-6 No carved gods of any size, shape, or form of anything whatever, whether of things that fly or walk or swim. Don’t bow down to them and don’t serve them because I am ? , your ? , and I’m a most jealous ? , punishing the children for any sins their parents pass on to them to the third, and yes, even to the fourth generation of those who hate me. But I’m unswervingly loyal to the thousands who love me and keep my commandments.
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus 20:5&version=MSG

• alissowack
    @doyouwant2go2heaven. I hope you are not hinging everything on Phillipians 2:12 because there are some passages that "contradict" it. Ephesian 2:8, and 9 for starters is one that suggests that it is not works at all in which we are saved. Galatians 2:16 is saying we are not justified by observing the law but in our faith in Jesus. Romans 4:5 says our faith, not works, is credited as righteousness.

Now, so I don't seem one-sided, there are verses that suggest that work is important, too. But, you can't think that faith and works can't co-exist. They can, but you can't think that faith is not precedent over work. Do you "work" in order to gain something; hoping that ? will favor you more by what you do; that you get a bigger reward for your deeds? Or, do you trust that ? has already done the work so you faithfully preach what has been accomplished through Jesus?

? has already spoken, so why would He back what you...or even I...say? We are merely messengers. The only one that can ultimately make that claim is Jesus for he was The Word.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    &

I do not believe there is a ? that we have to repent to. Just because I do not believe in ? does not mean that I would live in "darkness", or I guess we can agree to use the word "ignorance" or "selfishness".

"By oneself is evil done,
    by oneself defiled,
    by oneself it’s left undone,
    by self alone one purified.
    Purity, impurity on oneself depend,
    no one can purify another."
    http://www.buddhanet.net/dhammapada/d_self.htm

I prefer life btw but I've never experienced death so I have to go with what I've known

Living in darkness is living in sin my brother. Mankind naturally wants to live in sin/darkness because of the sin nature that every soul has. But ? has made a way, for those who want to know and live the truth, to be set free. That way is faith in Jesus Christ. But without your belief that He exists as ? Almighty, faith in Him will be impossible.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven

If ? truly loved them, he would not have created destruction to annihilate his own people

"4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Corinthians+13&version=NIV

your ? seems to be the worst hypocrite in history

4-6 No carved gods of any size, shape, or form of anything whatever, whether of things that fly or walk or swim. Don’t bow down to them and don’t serve them because I am ? , your ? , and I’m a most jealous ? , punishing the children for any sins their parents pass on to them to the third, and yes, even to the fourth generation of those who hate me. But I’m unswervingly loyal to the thousands who love me and keep my commandments.
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus 20:5&version=MSG

The lake of fire was created for the devil and his angels. It wasn't created for human beings.

"Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels." Matthew 25:41

But because sin was introduced into a world that ? created "very good", all those who choose to follow their father the devil, will also occupy the lake of fire forever and ever. You see my brother there are 2 fathers in this world. Thus, there are 2 types of children in this world. While ? is the creator of all, He is not the father of all. ? is only the father of those who have been born again into His heavenly kingdom. The devil is the father of all those who willfully choose not to repent of their sins, turn to the true and living ? , and receive salvation.

So ? in His love executes His judgments by doing what is just, holy, and right. Even in His wrath His love is demonstrated. How you say? By protecting those who love Him from those who don't. The Bible tells us, "Let favor be showed to the wicked, yet will he not learn righteousness: in the land of uprightness will he deal unjustly, and will not behold the majesty of the LORD." (Isaiah 26:10) Even if ? let unrepentant sinners into heaven, they would still act like they always acted. Why? Because they never wanted a new heart to begin with.

So my prayer for you my brother is that your heart will continue to be pricked by the LORD ? and that you will bow down to His will by confessing that you are a lost sinner in need of a Savior! Amen.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    @doyouwant2go2heaven. I hope you are not hinging everything on Phillipians 2:12 because there are some passages that "contradict" it. Ephesian 2:8, and 9 for starters is one that suggests that it is not works at all in which we are saved. Galatians 2:16 is saying we are not justified by observing the law but in our faith in Jesus. Romans 4:5 says our faith, not works, is credited as righteousness.

Now, so I don't seem one-sided, there are verses that suggest that work is important, too. But, you can't think that faith and works can't co-exist. They can, but you can't think that faith is not precedent over work. Do you "work" in order to gain something; hoping that ? will favor you more by what you do; that you get a bigger reward for your deeds? Or, do you trust that ? has already done the work so you faithfully preach what has been accomplished through Jesus?

? has already spoken, so why would He back what you...or even I...say? We are merely messengers. The only one that can ultimately make that claim is Jesus for he was The Word.

When I brought up Philippians 2:12, I never had a "works" salvation in mind. Working out your own salvation with fear and trembling has more to do with repentance from ALL sin and continual confession and belief in the finished work of Christ. Fear in the living ? and trembling at the awfulness of our sin makes a repentant believer strive day in and day out to crucify the flesh and yield to the spirit, thus we work out our own walk and relationship with the LORD for our salvation. That is all predicated on faith that the blood of Jesus Christ is all we need to be cleansed from all sin and forgiven of all our unrighteousness. So I agree with you my friend. Amen.

And of course ? has already spoken, that's why I speak what He has spoken unto others. Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of ? . Therefore, out of the well spring of life that dwells in all born-again believers, knowledge, wisdom, and instruction should pour forth at all times. Thus, when I speak I regurgitate the living word out of my mouth because it's what I eat day in and day out. That's all my brother.