It looks like bombing Libya and taking out Gaddafi has not helped with America's reputation there

Options

Comments

• Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    K, word on the street is all this "Sam Becile" info is basically ? . He's not Jewish, he didn't really have $5 mil from 100 Jewish donors. Every press agency in the world is scrambling to find out who this dude really is.

BTW hold the phone on Morsi, apparently he hasn't apologized for ? yet and..........

Egypt's president is calling upon the United States to punish the film-maker who made the low-grade movie that has been used as an excuse to attack American embassies on the anniversary of 9/11.

Yeah um.....huh.

Okay, before I freak out and assume the worst:

1) Egypt's incident was far less severe than Libya's. Scaling a wall and defacing a flag vs. storming an embassy with RPGs and murdering an ambassador. Even North Korea understands that killing Ambassadors is bad business. Egypt does not have to go the lengths Libya has in apologizing.

2) Karzai made similar demands for Terry Jones arrest during the Koran burning fiasco.

3) Morsi has to walk an extremely fine line, appealing to the West whilst keeping the really scary Muslim Brotherhood hardliners off his back. ? up the former means damaging Egypt's world standing and financial future, but ? up the latter means getting lynched in Tahrir Square.

on the other hand....

"Morsi is taking a page from the 1979 Khomeini playbook, fabricating an international incident to mobilize religious passions as a weapon for his political grouping against more secular blocs in Egyptian society - the Egyptian military very much included."

stay tuned ?
    rage wrote: »
    These Libyan ? done ? up...they got Beezy ? up. He's been putting a bunch of Al Queda ? in them vacants and covering them in lye for a minute now.

*DEAD*

laff.gif

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    Dude things are edited everywhere to fit their customs. Some random country a few years ago banned Bruce Almighty because it was blasphemous, you can't force change on people. Even if it is a low-brow medium, they have the right to edit and or not allow it.

Dude editing or not allowing a film in your country is totally different than rioting and killing people because of it OR demanding that the country of origin ban the film inside their country. This film has no distribution. It was never gonna be distributed in these Muslim countries. Its some Youtube ish. Not censoring art - even subversive, offensive art - is one of our customs. Word to Iran outlawing rap music. You can't force change on people, but you can't expect the whole world to censor everything to make sure it doesn't offend YOU. This is the Internet Age anyway, fully censoring anything is pretty much impossible in 2012. Like we said, these Islamophobe dudes are TROLLS. You don't deal with Trolls by flipping the ? out, that just makes them stronger. Its true on message boards and its true in real life.

btw what Arizona did was ban "K-12 ethnic studies classes on the grounds that they promote hatred and division"

Yeah I agree, we can't censor things here in America just because it might offend someone else thousands of miles away. If a nation wants to ban certain things fine, but don't expect the rest of the world to capitulate to what other nations do. America is about freedom, and that should never be compromised under any conditions. There are limits to freedom of course, but a movie?? Come on, the extremists just made Islam look bad now to much of the world and even worse, have given ammo to Islam's enemies.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Sam Bacile is not even a registered person in Israel or America lol, but he seems to be an alias. He might even be a made up person that is really several people, but this Sam character gave an interview to Yahoo.com yesterday so he is someone....

SMH at Egypt asking for Bacile to be punished for a movie, damn, my respect for religion just went even further down the drain. The moderates of Islam gotta step their game up and do a better job convincing the extremists of their religion that freedom of speech goes both ways. But I do understand their anger and frustration with the West.....a speech isn't gonna fix this ?
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    These Libyan ? done ? up...they got Beezy ? up. He's been putting a bunch of Al Queda ? in them vacants and covering them in lye for a minute now. Just last week and two months ago he dropped two high ranking dudes. He'll put some change on their heads any day now.

True I'm willing to bet the people who did this will be killed within weeks, maybe days. Obama doesn't play when it comes to killing, but America has to be careful, the rebels of Libya are itching for a fight. Outside of Tripoli, Libya is not even a country anymore, it's ruled by different tribes. Many with allegiance to Al-Qaeda, something people warned Obama about by the way....
  • Swiffness!
    edited September 2012
    Options
    THE PLOT THICKENS.........

The anti-Muslim "movie" that served as the spark or pretext for a wave of violent unrest in Egypt and Libya may not be a movie at all.

As the video above — cut from the YouTube video tied to a global controversy — shows, nearly all of the names in the movie's "trailer" are overdubbed. The video is a compilation of the most clumsily overdubbed moments from what is in reality an incoherent, haphazardly-edited set of scenes. Among the overdubbed words is "Mohammed," suggesting that the footage was taken from a film about something else entirely. The footage also suggests multiple video sources — there are obvious and jarring discrepancies among actors and locations.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/inflammatory-anti-muslim-movie-may-not-be-a-real

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Man, if some Jihadists actually MANUFACTURED this with a fake Youtube trailer HOLY ? ? THAT IS BRILLIANT, DAMN, PROPS I CAN'T EVEN HATE LOL. Aiight ? it, this is so weird I'm now officially open to crazy conspiracy theories lol. Maybe Obama had the CIA do this because he knew Romney would totally ? UP his response to the news lmao. illuminati want my mind soul and my body?
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    #15 Crush your enemy totally.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The muslims are the stupidest ? on the entire planet right now.

Like really? The US (who while still ? ) shows a level diplomacy and support unseen in ANY modern administration, and THIS is how you ? react?

If i'm the Obama admin., im on the phone with as many Libyan and Egyptian diplomats/political leaders telling them: "Get your ? together or we will install someone far worse than Ghadaffi or Mubarak"
  • Swiffness!
    Options
    That's also because it's associated with Florida Pastor Terry Jones (yes, the ? who burnt the Koran despite Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates' pleas) and two Egyptians living in the U.S., according to Egyptian press accounts.* The Egyptians are allegedly Coptic, the Christian minority that makes up about a tenth of Egypt.

Obviously, there's a lot to this story that's still unclear. What we do know is that some members of Egypt's sometimes-raucous, often rumor-heavy media have been playing highly offensive clips from the highly offensive film, stressing its U.S. and Coptic connections. In the clip below, controversial TV host Sheikh Khaled Abdallah (known for such statements as "Iran is more dangerous to us than the Jews" and that Tehran had engineered a deadly soccer riot in Port Said) hypes the film as an American-Coptic plot and introduces what he says is its opening scene.

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2012/09/the-movie-so-offensive-that-egyptians-just-stormed-the-us-embassy-over-it/262225/

so..............

is InTrade gonna start taking bets about when a Coptic Genocide is gonna happen or what
  • Swiffness!
    Options
    Benghazi.jpeg
    Libya_signs.jpg
    enhanced-buzz-wide-31401-1347485630-6.jpg

welp

i say we bomb them
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    This will not do much to help them when they want folks to go to bat for them in the future. They act like America sanctioned some lone dude making a film or burning their Koran.
    sometimes i get the impression that people who live/have lived under fairly repressive governments simply don't get that an American can make a crazy ? movie a) without the government's permission and b) without the government stopping them. this is a little too close to "they just can't understand our FREEDOM," but hey, there it is.
    Yeah I agree, this is playing into Romney's hands and will give him ammunition-
    beaten to it, but it looks like Romney managed to ? it up. but honestly, how much does this really play into Romney's hands other than by letting him say the same stuff to people who are already convinced? guys like McCain and Graham supported, say, our Libyan shenanigans, so it's difficult to say that was 100% Obama. and i refuse to believe that declining to have a moment of solidarity when our ambassador gets killed makes anyone look good. I REFUSE TO BELIEVE IT.
    i say we bomb them
    "you dare respond to this event by misspelling our precious English language?! FIRE ALL THE MISSILES"
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Yeah Romney did ? up this opportunity to at least appear compassionate and rational. Instead, he came across as very political and like Swiff noted, he was smiling throughout his press conference yesterday smh.....
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Benghazi.jpeg
    Libya_signs.jpg

welp

i say we bomb them

Damn you wana bomb Libya AGAIN? LOL smh you supported Gaddfi being chased out of Libya with air raids but not this ? bruh
  • kingblaze84
    edited September 2012
    Options
    The muslims are the stupidest ? on the entire planet right now.

Like really? The US (who while still ? ) shows a level diplomacy and support unseen in ANY modern administration, and THIS is how you ? react?

If i'm the Obama admin., im on the phone with as many Libyan and Egyptian diplomats/political leaders telling them: "Get your ? together or we will install someone far worse than Ghadaffi or Mubarak"

American diplomacy means little in the fact that American foreign policy nowadays just has a happy smiling face that is still supporting evil throughout much of the Mideast and Southeast Asia. I do get what you're saying though, this incident does NOT make Muslims look good. Especially doing all this on Sept 11th damn.....Obama is playing it tough now though, he's sent ships to Libya's coast along with drones and 50 Marines. We'll see if that calms things down a bit.

Afghanistan is gonna get ugly in the next few days though......
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Benghazi.jpeg
    Libya_signs.jpg

welp

i say we bomb them

LOL them ? over there ? bricks right now. All I could read in those signs is please Mr Obama don't have mercy on us...
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Operation Northwoods was a series of false-flag proposals that originated in 1962 within the United States government, and which the Kennedy administration rejected. [2] The proposals called for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), or other operatives, to commit acts of terrorism in U.S. cities and elsewhere. These acts of terrorism were to be blamed on Cuba in order to create public support for a war against that nation, which had recently become communist under Fidel Castro.[3] One part of Operation Northwoods was to "develop a Communist Cuban terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington."
    Operation Northwoods proposals included hijackings and bombings followed by the introduction of phony evidence that would implicate the Cuban government. It stated:
    "The desired resultant from the execution of this plan would be to place the United States in the apparent position of suffering defensible grievances from a rash and irresponsible government of Cuba and to develop an international image of a Cuban threat to peace in the Western Hemisphere."
    Several other proposals were included within Operation Northwoods, including real or simulated actions against various U.S. military and civilian targets. The plan was drafted by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, signed by Chairman Lyman Lemnitzer and sent to the Secretary of Defense. Although part of the U.S. government's Cuban Project anti-communist initiative, Operation Northwoods was never officially accepted; it was authorized by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, but then rejected by President John F. Kennedy.
    According to currently released documentation, none of the operations became active under the auspices of the Operation Northwoods proposals.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The US needs to rethink the way they deal with these terrorists. Enough with the half stepping...you drop one of ours...we droppin everybody. They just need to do it once...it will save more lives and achieve better results for everybody in the long run.
  • kingblaze84
    edited September 2012
    Options
    The US needs to rethink the way they deal with these terrorists. Enough with the half stepping...you drop one of ours...we droppin everybody. They just need to do it once...it will save more lives and achieve better results for everybody in the long run.

We tried this with Iraq, remember Operation Shock and Awe? We killed hundreds of thousands of civilians in Iraq. Didn't work, people from overseas hate us more than ever, peep the opinion polls of how they feel about America, you want those numbers to get worse??

And are you talking about nuclear weapons, which I think you are?? Than that's doubly wrong because while most people in the Muslim world strongly hate us, dropping nuclear weapons on that part of the world will cause even more chaos. You know Saudi Arabia birthed the 9/11 plane hijackers.....would you want to drop a nuke in Saudi Arabia, home of the Kabaa (the holy Black Stone of Mecca) ?? How many nukes would you drop?
  • kingblaze84
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Operation Northwoods was a series of false-flag proposals that originated in 1962 within the United States government, and which the Kennedy administration rejected. [2] The proposals called for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), or other operatives, to commit acts of terrorism in U.S. cities and elsewhere. These acts of terrorism were to be blamed on Cuba in order to create public support for a war against that nation, which had recently become communist under Fidel Castro.[3] One part of Operation Northwoods was to "develop a Communist Cuban terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington."
    Operation Northwoods proposals included hijackings and bombings followed by the introduction of phony evidence that would implicate the Cuban government. It stated:
    "The desired resultant from the execution of this plan would be to place the United States in the apparent position of suffering defensible grievances from a rash and irresponsible government of Cuba and to develop an international image of a Cuban threat to peace in the Western Hemisphere."
    Several other proposals were included within Operation Northwoods, including real or simulated actions against various U.S. military and civilian targets. The plan was drafted by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, signed by Chairman Lyman Lemnitzer and sent to the Secretary of Defense. Although part of the U.S. government's Cuban Project anti-communist initiative, Operation Northwoods was never officially accepted; it was authorized by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, but then rejected by President John F. Kennedy.
    According to currently released documentation, none of the operations became active under the auspices of the Operation Northwoods proposals.

I've read this before, what are you suggesting....?

More embassy attacks in Egypt and Yemen right now as we speak, think this was planned by the military?

• kingblaze84
    Options
    Do ya'll agree with this? American Marines are not allowed live ammo in Egyptian embassy.....and Obama allowed the Muslim Brotherhood to defend the embassy as well (LOL)

http://freebeacon.com/reports-marines-not-permitted-live-ammo/

Marines defending the American embassy in Egypt were not permitted by the State Department to carry live ammunition, limiting their ability to respond to attacks like those this week on the U.S. consulate in Cairo.

Ambassador to Egypt Anne Patterson “did not permit U.S. Marine guards to carry live ammunition,” according to multiple reports on U.S. Marine Corps blogs spotted by Nightwatch. “She neutralized any U.S. military capability that was dedicated to preserve her life and protect the US Embassy.”

Time magazine’s Battleland blog reported Thursday that “senior U.S. officials late Wednesday declined to discuss in detail the security at either Cairo or Benghazi, so answers may be slow in coming.”

If true, the reports indicate that Patterson shirked her obligation to protect U.S. interests, Nightwatch states.

“She did not defend U.S. sovereign territory and betrayed her oath of office,” the report states. “She neutered the Marines posted to defend the embassy, trusting the Egyptians over the Marines.”

While Marines are typically relied on to defend U.S. territory abroad, such as embassies, these reports indicate that the Obama administration was relying on Egypt’s new Muslim Brotherhood-backed government to ensure American security, a move observers are questioning as violence in Cairo continues to rage.
  • rage
    Options

We tried this with Iraq, remember Operation Shock and Awe? We killed hundreds of thousands of civilians in Iraq. Didn't work, people from overseas hate us more than ever, peep the opinion polls of how they feel about America, you want those numbers to get worse??

And are you talking about nuclear weapons, which I think you are?? Than that's doubly wrong because while most people in the Muslim world strongly hate us, dropping nuclear weapons on that part of the world will cause even more chaos. You know Saudi Arabia birthed the 9/11 plane hijackers.....would you want to drop a nuke in Saudi Arabia, home of the Kabaa (the holy Black Stone of Mecca) ?? How many nukes would you drop?

I wouldnt nuke them....but I wouldnt take it off the table either (keep em honest). But I am not talking about Operation Freedom and all this nation building and bringing democracy etc. I'm talking carpet bombs and cruise missiles that would make that arrow scene from 300 look like a bunch of nerf darts. Hit every terrorist, suspected terrorist, a terrorist hide out that hasnt been used in 10 years, ? if a terrorist or suspected terrorist had a ? in a bathroom hit it. Civilians and collateral damage be damned....and thats it. No ground troops or any of this setting up a puppet government/regime changing ? . No Ground and Pound keep it strictly Tom Brady.

Back to the nuke ? ...if something like 9/11 ever happens again or worse....then yeah...nothing crazy something in the 5 to 10KT.

The flip side to all this, is that the US stays out of all middle east ? , dictators, riots, whatever. ? em all...let them slaughter each other.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

I wouldnt nuke them....but I wouldnt take it off the table either (keep em honest). But I am not talking about Operation Freedom and all this nation building and bringing democracy etc. I'm talking carpet bombs and cruise missiles that would make that arrow scene from 300 look like a bunch of nerf darts. Hit every terrorist, suspected terrorist, a terrorist hide out that hasnt been used in 10 years, ? if a terrorist or suspected terrorist had a ? in a bathroom hit it. Civilians and collateral damage be damned....and thats it. No ground troops or any of this setting up a puppet government/regime changing ? . No Ground and Pound keep it strictly Tom Brady.

Back to the nuke ? ...if something like 9/11 ever happens again or worse....then yeah...nothing crazy something in the 5 to 10KT.

The flip side to all this, is that the US stays out of all middle east ? , dictators, riots, whatever. ? em all...let them slaughter each other.

I think the flip side is a better option bro lol, less costly and less bloodthirsty. The bloodthirsty strategy has failed badly so far
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    i guess this is a cheap way of implying a conspiracy without making an effort to support it
  • Swiffness!
    Options
    Benghazi.jpeg
    Libya_signs.jpg

welp

i say we bomb them

Damn you wana bomb Libya AGAIN? LOL smh you supported Gaddfi being chased out of Libya with air raids but not this ? bruh

lmao ? was a joke cuz dayum why so srs
  • Swiffness!
    Options
    Do ya'll agree with this? American Marines are not allowed live ammo in Egyptian embassy.....and Obama allowed the Muslim Brotherhood to defend the embassy as well (LOL)

http://freebeacon.com/reports-marines-not-permitted-live-ammo/

Marines defending the American embassy in Egypt were not permitted by the State Department to carry live ammunition, limiting their ability to respond to attacks like those this week on the U.S. consulate in Cairo.

Ambassador to Egypt Anne Patterson “did not permit U.S. Marine guards to carry live ammunition,” according to multiple reports on U.S. Marine Corps blogs spotted by Nightwatch. “She neutralized any U.S. military capability that was dedicated to preserve her life and protect the US Embassy.”

Time magazine’s Battleland blog reported Thursday that “senior U.S. officials late Wednesday declined to discuss in detail the security at either Cairo or Benghazi, so answers may be slow in coming.”

If true, the reports indicate that Patterson shirked her obligation to protect U.S. interests, Nightwatch states.

“She did not defend U.S. sovereign territory and betrayed her oath of office,” the report states. “She neutered the Marines posted to defend the embassy, trusting the Egyptians over the Marines.”

While Marines are typically relied on to defend U.S. territory abroad, such as embassies, these reports indicate that the Obama administration was relying on Egypt’s new Muslim Brotherhood-backed government to ensure American security, a move observers are questioning as violence in Cairo continues to rage.

Hmmm....sounds like Right Wing ? to me.........

*does google search*

Yeah. Right Wing ? . Take it away, Mother Jones:

The sole source for this assertion was Nightwatch—a conservative "intelligence" blog written by former Defense Department analyst John McCreary and hosted by a subsidiary of a defense contractors' lobby group —which attributed the report to unnamed (and uncounted) "USMC blogs." According to McCreary , Patterson—a career foreign service officer who was not a political appointee, and who served George W. Bush as an ambassador to the United Nations and to Pakistan—"did not defend U.S. sovereign territory and betrayed her oath of office." And: "She neutered the Marines posted to defend the embassy, trusting the Egyptians over the Marines."

These claims were quickly perpetuated by the right-wing Washington Free Beacon and Fox Nation sites, despite never having been confirmed—and they are highly unlikely to be true. Patterson was in Washington at the time of the protests , leaving the deputy chief of mission in charge, and he would have had responsibility for issuing orders to guards, along with the embassy's regional security officer, a specially trained State Department official. State's own guidelines for Marine security guards (PDF) require that any duty assigned to them "shall not contravene established Department or Marine Corps policy and shall not unduly jeopardize the safety or well-being of any Marine." That's a pretty straightforward way of saying Marines don't lay down their arms if danger is imminent, no matter what a diplomat says. Unless, of course, you're willing to believe the worst about POTUS and his diplomatic corps.

Pentagon spokesman George Little dismissed the allegations Thursday afternoon. "With or without a weapon, Marines are always armed," he told Time's Mark Thompson . "I've heard nothing to suggest they don't have ammunition."

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/09/egypt-embassy-marines-live-ammo

really dawg can you imagine Marines going anywhere without live ammo? lol
  • rage
    Options

I think the flip side is a better option bro lol, less costly and less bloodthirsty. The bloodthirsty strategy has failed badly so far

The problem is there are too many people in these middle eastern countries whose entire identity, career, job, whatever is being a terrorist. They will always find a person to blow up...because thats just what they've come to do. Those people have got to go first...then plan B can go into effect.
This discussion has been closed.