American Revolution... (my thoughts)

Options
perspective@100
perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2012 in The Social Lounge
Once again I have "thoughts". My own. Thats is all. You have been warned...

Im tired of the United States. If I had the money I would leave, but I dont want to leave anyway. So Instead, I want to make this country a better place for me and if you feel the way I feel maybe you too. There are a few things that bother me about living here. I'll try and keep the long list short and only the main topics briefly discussed.

#1 Politics...

I say the whole system is not working. Therefore, lets get rid of it and construct a new system. Their failures are too numerous to count and they have succumb to the evil desires for more money. They should be either

A. exiled and punished.

B. incarcerated and punished

C. punished then killed.

D. all of the above

**Disclaimer:(I am in no way making assasination threats on any political representative of the U<S<A...<0)

This actually brings me to my next topic.

#2 Educasion..

Its of no surprise that majority of ivy league schools are not filled to the brim with students that have been administered public education. Our society seems to be based on classes. This really upsets me as I have even been exposed to it in business, where I have heard high level employees discuss personel and rank them by background and education vs. capability and accountability. Yes I know if you have education you get preferential treatment ,but I have never agreed with this system especially if you have to overlook someone who is more qualified and more capable. I digress. Lets be honest. Why are we not using all of our resources to become a smarter nation as a whole? Why is the education from a private school "better". Why not put all education on the same even playing field? No preferential treatment will allow us to pinpoint the truly gifted in whatever field thus benefiting the whole system entirely. The curriculum for all schools should be challenging and diverse. Change should dramatically occur as new things are always introduced.

#3 Food...

The United States as a whole is Fat. Too Fat. Why? Because we eat a lot. Not just a lot of food but a lot of junk. When I say junk I mean processed, genetically modified, chemically bathed none nutritious ? . What the hell happened to our standards. We are now feeding baby cows blood instead of milk. We feed cows cows and chickens chickens. Pigs eat ? , enough said. The animals get sick and what do we do? Give them steroids and antibiotics. The meat is infected and what do we do to fix that? Radiate it. We are living in a science fiction novel, but its real life. Sad.

#4 Police...

Why are the police not protecting "us". They allow the politicians to lie rob and steal and don't hold them accountable or send them to jail. They allow corporate businesses to operate unethically. They allow some of us to be under educated. I know most people hate the police anyway but I think they are not used enough or should I say properly. They are in fact victims of the system they think they work for. Its funny how Govt. can expand and police forces can be cut in half;) Either way I hate going to the court houses that have marble floors and extravagent paintings on the ceilings and walls with police cars parked outside that are all souped up chargers with crash bars and laptops While my car barley drives.

#5 Financial System...

The Dollar, smh. Ok its a piece of paper. WTF, paper. I mean not paper literally I know, but paper. To go and make matters worse Credit! What happened to being self-sufficient and living off the land and trading for real valued goods? Oh wait taxes. To do what? Pay the politicians. Maaaaan ? them. Who the hell structered this society anyway? They were old, their thinking was old school, ? them old guys lets create something new. Something better for everyone not just some. Most people dont even work for money, they work to pay their bills. If thats the case they are enslaved to their profession just so they dont have to live on the street. I dont know, its 2012, I was hoping that our society would have been more advanced at this day and age. You know, where people dont struggle to make ends meet, end up getting evicted only to reapeat the process.

Ok I'm done venting for now I feel better. Any thoughts or sarcastic comments? Snipers? People who want change ? Not Hope.

Comments

• heyslick
    heyslick Members Posts: 1,179
    Options
    IMO

You really don't have any knowledge of how the system works. It's 2012 and you theorize about people living off of the land - WTF? SERIOULSY you come across like some hippie from the 60's....that era doesn't exist anymore, OF COURSE you could live that life style & stop worrying about all those other terrible issues that make AMERICA should a terrible place BTW thanks for showing HOW UN grateful to many Americans of today truly are - just image how you would be treated in almost any country in the Middle East.....but don't fret you poor little disillusioned fella U still have the freedom that so many OTHERS don't have & so many wanna come to America EVEN THO it's such a terrible place. WTF?
  • heyslick
    Options
    I just reread this

#4 Police...

Why are the police not protecting "us". They allow the politicians to lie rob and steal and don't hold them accountable or send them to jail. They allow corporate businesses to operate unethically. They allow some of us to be under educated. I know most people hate the police anyway but I think they are not used enough or should I say properly. They are in fact victims of the system they think they work for. Its funny how Govt. can expand and police forces can be cut in half;) Either way I hate going to the court houses that have marble floors and extravagent paintings on the ceilings and walls with police cars parked outside that are all souped up chargers with crash bars and laptops While my car barley drives.

So it's someone else's fault because YOUR car barely drives - WTF? LMAO!!!!!! IMO your entire thread shows ENVY. YEAH! collective salvation is the answer to all of your problems & societies ills -- WOW!
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sounds like you need a passport and could use some perspective in life.
  • heyslick
    Options
    #5 Financial System...

The Dollar, smh. Ok its a piece of paper. WTF, paper. I mean not paper literally I know, but paper. To go and make matters worse Credit! What happened to being self-sufficient and living off the land and trading for real valued goods? Oh wait taxes. To do what? Pay the politicians. Maaaaan ? them. Who the hell structered this society anyway? They were old, their thinking was old school, ? them old guys lets create something new. Something better for everyone not just some. Most people dont even work for money, they work to pay their bills. If thats the case they are enslaved to their profession just so they dont have to live on the street. I dont know, its 2012, I was hoping that our society would have been more advanced at this day and age. You know, where people dont struggle to make ends meet, end up getting evicted only to reapeat the process.

WOW!

This guy is really confused - he's complaining about NOT being self-sufficient - then he claims our society isn't advanced enough (people don't have to grow there own food).....SO WHAT THE ? do/does he really want? LIFE ISN'T FAIR - I'm curious, who in the ? ever promised you a rose garden? OH me forgot - the President did.

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I sympathize with your thread Perspective, I think many people if not most are disillusioned with the system the way it's set up now. I want to move out of America too, when my money gets right. When it comes to financials, the main problem is INFLATION. America used to do fine economically, but irresponsible spending from the federal and state govt has ruined us in the long term. We're 16 trillion in debt, so it's no wonder the cost of living is so high in most places around the nation, and why most Americans believe the nation is on the wrong track.

So since we are 16 trillion in debt, I don't know what hope there is for the financial system lol smh. Sad but true, but there are things you can do to make your life easier. Delay having kids, or choose not to have any like I have. I'm 28 and not having kids is one of the best decisions I've ever made, although plenty of women have tried to tempt me into changing my mind. More money in my pocket.....also only buy things you need and never ever get into major debt. Not with this economy.

I do agree most of our politicians should be exiled, in a perfect world. They have failed us from the White House on down, although Obama has certainly done much good, such as the Home Affordable Mortgage Program which can be used to lower mortgage payments. But endless wars and endless spending on them is sickening at a time so many states are in need and are cutting social programs. Don't get me started on politicians extending the Bush tax cuts, which further bankrupted the nation....

In a perfect world, I'd have free healthcare through an increase in everyone's taxes, and bailouts to ensure Americans have housing that much cheaper than it is now. Money should be spent aggressively to make more affordable housing as well, especially in cities that need it. The middle class is being squeezed, and those in poverty are often resorting to drugs, prostitution, or home invasion robberies just to get by. We do need a change cuz American society is not what it used to be.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    As far as food yeah it's sad how we treat animals in this country. And way too many of us eat too much, I'm tired of bloated, 300 pound ? taking up so much space when I take the train.
  • perspective@100
    edited September 2012
    Options
    In a perfect world, I'd have free healthcare through an increase in everyone's taxes, and bailouts to ensure Americans have housing that much cheaper than it is now. Money should be spent aggressively to make more affordable housing as well, especially in cities that need it. The middle class is being squeezed, and those in poverty are often resorting to drugs, prostitution, or home invasion robberies just to get by. We do need a change cuz American society is not what it used to be.

Thanks for sharing your insight... Why does improvement have to be in a perfect world though? It seems like we as a society are not even trying. I actually have a few dislikes about health care I just didn't want to make this too long that no one would read it. I knew the usuals would. I'll put my 2 cents in on our medical system later.

• perspective@100
    Options
    reaperbong wrote: »
    sounds like you need a passport and could use some perspective in life.

Explain...
  • perspective@100
    Options
    @heyslick,

You obviously don't get the point so its even harder for me to understand what you are babbling on about. I said I dont want to leave the country hence I know it is better than most. Seems you have always had that problem reading between the lines and interpreting sarcasm and its sad because you use it often but lack the skill to pull it off properly without coming off as a complete ass. I'm posing hypotheical questions to engage in how we can do better or completeley revolutionize the way we liveand all you can do is try to attack me personally for some reason. Your acting as if your name is United States of America and I'm asking you to change because you are ? .

Seems like you are in denial about our country here Heyslick. Its not functioning at optimal levels. It could be so much better. I have no doubt that it could be the best, but simpletons like you are steady arguing that its fine and its the peoples fault if they think otherwise. Living off the land is not a bad thing and I never once said I believe its something everyone needs to do entirely. Why not grow food? Whats wrong with that? I didnt say go grab your own farm animals. Having the ability to even be partially self sufficient would help everyone immensley. Im sure your not a fan of welfare right? Same principles in my eyes anyway. Its like why are we dependent on gasoline when we can have electric cars? Honestly I dont even know Why I even respond to you anymore because you are so far gone. You call me ungrateful American because I want a better country. Kind of ? is that. You say I'm envious? I dont envy less principled people.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Good post Pers, and the ironic thing about Heyslick is that he believes Obama is ruining the nation while at the same time hateful of those who are not satisfied with the nation lol. He's a funny guy.......68% of Americans think the country is in poor economic shape according to a CNN poll released today so ignore him.

And how do you feel about Ben Bernanke creating QE3 today? You think things are bad now, wait till inflation goes up afterwards. I feel bad for the future and forever grateful I don't have kids in this country.
  • 90's Golden Era
    90's Golden Era Members Posts: 38
    Options
    I'm absolutely with you thread starter. We must all take into account that the system itself is built like that on purpose. With the population of Euro's in general being stagnant while the ever so increasing numbers of folks of African descent (I include hispanics and latino's), in the next 50 yrs they will be obsolete. They want to hold on to whatever they can during their reign. Education is the common denominator at the end of the day. Folks live in their own blissful nutshell. It's hard to take them out of it. Folks rely so much on what society writes instead of searching for truth, it's hard to get out of their stupor.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    With the population of Euro's in general being stagnant while the ever so increasing numbers of folks of African descent (I include hispanics and latino's)
    good of you to include white folks in your "African descent" column since, you know, it's necessary to make this thesis work

• heyslick
    Options
    @heyslick,

You obviously don't get the point so its even harder for me to understand what you are babbling on about. I said I dont want to leave the country hence I know it is better than most. Seems you have always had that problem reading between the lines and interpreting sarcasm and its sad because you use it often but lack the skill to pull it off properly without coming off as a complete ass. I'm posing hypotheical questions to engage in how we can do better or completeley revolutionize the way we liveand all you can do is try to attack me personally for some reason. Your acting as if your name is United States of America and I'm asking you to change because you are ? .

Seems like you are in denial about our country here Heyslick. Its not functioning at optimal levels. It could be so much better. I have no doubt that it could be the best, but simpletons like you are steady arguing that its fine and its the peoples fault if they think otherwise. Living off the land is not a bad thing and I never once said I believe its something everyone needs to do entirely. Why not grow food? Whats wrong with that? I didnt say go grab your own farm animals. Having the ability to even be partially self sufficient would help everyone immensley. Im sure your not a fan of welfare right? Same principles in my eyes anyway. Its like why are we dependent on gasoline when we can have electric cars? Honestly I dont even know Why I even respond to you anymore because you are so far gone. You call me ungrateful American because I want a better country. Kind of ? is that. You say I'm envious? I dont envy less principled people.

Yeah!

I got it right from the get go - IE when you posted that material that wasn't written by you, as if you're some kind of intellect and really have your eye on the ball - BS! YOU PRETENTOUS ? !!!! LMAO!!

• kingblaze84
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    @heyslick,

Yeah!

I got it right from the get go - IE when you posted that material that wasn't written by you, as if you're some kind of intellect and really have your eye on the ball - BS! YOU PRETENTOUS ? !!!! LMAO!!

You're confusing Pers for another poster that posted that material.....

And thanks for never saying where he was wrong. You just did a lot of name calling and saying nothing
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My frustrations with America are voluminous, so I'll save you the titangraph. I agree with some of what's said here.
  • heyslick
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    @heyslick,

Yeah!

You're confusing Pers for another poster that posted that material.....

And thanks for never saying where he was wrong. You just did a lot of name calling and saying nothing

You're right - perspective@100, I apologize.

• kingblaze84
    Options
    Ben Bernanke releasing quantative easing 3, aka printing more monopoly money, will create more layoffs, inflation, and huge debt according to credit rating agency Egan-Jones.....this man should resign or be fired, he's ruining the already weak dollar

http://www.forexlive.com/blog/2012/09/13/egan-jones-analyst-hints-at-us-rating-downgrade-post-qe3/

Egan-Jones Analyst Hints At US Rating Downgrade Post QE3

–QE3 To Lead To higher Unemployment, Stall US Growth Within Months
    –’We Are Not Receiving QE3 Positively’

By Yali N’Diaye

WASHINGTON (MNI) – The latest round of quantitative easing
    announced Thursday by the Federal Reserve will almost certainly trigger
    a rating downgrade by Egan-Jones.

Already the rating agency had warned on Wednesday when it affirmed
    the U.S. rating at AA that “QE3 will likely trigger a negative action.”

Given that the outlook is already negative (AA-), a downgrade to
    AA- would be a logical next step for the rating agency.

“We are not receiving QE3 positively,” Vice President and
    co-manager of the ratings’ desk Bill Hassiepen told MNI Thursday, while
    the fiscal situation is a “nightmare.”

While the Fed is seeking to support economic growth through its
    quantitative easing, Hassiepen argued that the central bank’s “massive
    monetization” is instead causing “sluggish to stagnant economic growth.”

In fact, he expects growth to become stagnant within six months as
    a result of the Fed’s policy.

The reason the country does not have a weaker rating, he said, is
    that it remains “the only viable reserve currency in the world.”

The Federal Reserve Open market Committee said Thursday it “agreed
    today to increase policy accommodation by purchasing additional agency
    mortgage-backed securities at a pace of $40 billion per month,” but did
    not announce an end date. At the same time, it will continue its
    Operation Twist through the end of the year as it is currently
    scheduled, while “maintaining its existing policy of reinvesting
    principal payments from its holdings of agency debt and agency
    mortgage-backed securities in agency mortgage-backed securities.”

The Federal Reserve’s “money printing,” Hassiepen said, has not
    “really contributed to the improvement in the general economy” so far.

Instead, all it has done is increase inflation and the cost
    structure in the general economy, as will the new round of QE just
    announced Thursday.

“We actually think this is going to cause unemployment, not
    employment,” he said. the Fed’s policy will reduce household’s
    disposable income and raising costs will also “lead companies to lay off
    people,” he said.

“Let’s say six months from now, you might see job actions” in some
    of the more commodity-sensitive industries that are particularly
    vulnerable to an increase in commodity prices and a weak dollar, he
    predicted.

“This is going to cause the economy to completely stagnate,” he
    said, expecting the effect to start within three or four months.

He first expects a “rapid uptick in gasoline and food prices,”
    which will affect households’ disposable income.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Yeah, America is definitely screwed in the long run, if Bernanke has to do this a 3rd time, you know there's serious trouble going on
  • heyslick
    Options
    Bernanke said:

He first expects a “rapid uptick in gasoline and food prices,”
    which will affect households’ disposable income.

Just image what will happen when the flow of oil really stops & that entire region erupts - it seems like the resentment/and or hatred for America in general is getting worse since Obama took office - YET our government continues to give them billions in foreign aid - WTF? I just can't understand that logic.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Bernanke should be in jail for what he is doing to the future American economy. Inflation, on top of what we already have, is NEVER okay.
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Revolution is inevitable.