I have a question for the sistas who don't mind dating white men.

Options
Matt-
Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2012 in The Powder Room
before i ask the question, is there anyone here that could even answer?

i gotta go out with this black chick this weekend, well, she's mixed. not totally mixed but light skinned black. possibly some indian in her....anyway. my question relates to that.
asian girls, feel free to chime in too

Comments

• deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Matt-
    Options
    would you be cool with going to a country-western themed bar? Not like some redneck ? or some hole in the wall place...its a huge setup. with a few different bars and dance floors. but they do have a few of those mechanical bulls, dart boards, peanuts, etc. it's probably catered to the young, middle-class weekend redneck...its usually a pretty ybig crowd there. would u be mad if a dude took you to this spot? but there is also lounge section that is sorta separated from the main area. its a lil more chill. couches, pool tables, and they play mostly hip hop. I feel like if she isn't feelin the main scene, then this area would be better. But i don't want to sound racist and be like, "oh lets go over here, you'll probably like it better" even if it doesn't sound racist, she's not that type of person as far as i know, but you know how people are sometimes.. I feel like no matter what i say or do , it will sound racist, and that will set a bad tone for the rest of the night. and not going to this spot is out of the question. there's alot more to this story, i just don't feel like typing anymore
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When did you become single matt?

I don't know how I feel about you dating a black woman.
  • twinzmom
    twinzmom Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok, I'm trying single out the question in that whole thing. It depends on the girl. If its a "Keisha" from the hood you can say "I like your hair" and she would take that as being racist. So if its that kinda of black girl you are in a no win situation.

If its a "Keisha" like me from the suburbs and culturally experieced then its ok. You just need to read her body language to see if she is uncomfortable or not. And on some subtle level say something like "Hey lets check out the other side"

Did I answer the question?
  • Matt-
    Options
  • Kat
    Options
    lol @ thanks.

Um anytime?
  • Matt-
    Options
    twinzmom wrote: »
    Ok, I'm trying single out the question in that whole thing. It depends on the girl. If its a "Keisha" from the hood you can say "I like your hair" and she would take that as being racist. So if its that kinda of black girl you are in a no win situation.

If its a "Keisha" like me from the suburbs and culturally experieced then its ok. You just need to read her body language to see if she is uncomfortable or not. And on some subtle level say something like "Hey lets check out the other side"

Did I answer the question?

thing is, I'll be uncomfortable. i don't like that whole redneck ? . So i'd be going in the chill spot anyway. I just dont want her to think that us going in there is racially motivated. I'm worried she might be thinking, "oh, he's taking me to the 'urban' room....whats next? we gonna smoke a blunt and order up some chicken wings and grape soda??" I think i'm just overthinking the whole thing. Oh yeah and i guess the other part of the question was if you'd be offended that he brought you to this place where you'd be the only black person out of a crowd of a hundred

and i'm really having a hard time responding because you tried to describe two different girls, but used the same name - Keisha. I'd have prefered you use Keisha to talk about the hoodrat and a name like Lydia to describe the more well-rounded girl.
  • twinzmom
    Options
    lol the whole keisha thing was a oh never mind.

OK question, why are you choosing this spot in the first place? You are uncomfortable and then you may be putting her in an awkard spot.

But she would have to be real simple minded to think " we gonna smoke a blunt and order up some chicken wings and grape soda??"
  • Matt-
    Options
    i'm not choosing this spot, it was already set up through some other friends. i know her casually through a mutual friend. I've seen her around and we've talked a lil bit. nothin too heavy tho. anyway i asked if she wanted to go and she said yes. But i didn't tell her where. i just said "out". b/c i doubt she'd go to this place if i told her. I wouldn't want to go either. anyway. i'm gettin sick of explaining myself. have everyone judge me and 2nd guess my decisions. but i still seek guidance.

i don't think she'd do the whole chicken wing thing. she's been to college, gotta job and has a real debit card. I wouldn't call her uppity, but she's far from ghetto, at least from what i've seen of her.

That brings me to another issue. I wonder if its gonna be a problem if I have ZERO swag. there is no limp in my walk, my clothes fit properly, and i talk with a southern accent, while still maintaining proper annunciation in all of my words. I'm just regular white dude. I don't know if she's dated white guys before. maybe she likes thugs. i hope not b/c then i'd have to change up my whole demeanor and that could compound the awkwardness.
  • Kat
    Options
    smh..I hope her racist radar is in working order.
  • twinzmom
    Options
    Matt just go and have fun.
  • Matt-
    Options
    smh..I hope her racist radar is in working order.
    twinzmom wrote: »
    Matt just go and have fun.

smh yall sound like my mother!!!!!!

thanks for nothing
  • deadeye
    Options
  • Matt-
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    2zoizgl.png

huh???

i'm feelin kinda uneasy about knowing that you've been lurking in this thread the whole time.

but thanks for tagging the mother of twins. that got the thread going. even if it wasn't beneficial.
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    matt- wrote: »

i gotta go out with this black chick this weekend, well, she's mixed. not totally mixed but light skinned black. possibly some indian in her....anyway. my question relates to that.
    "gotta" ?

are u being forced against ur will? is there a gun to ur head?
  • deadeye
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    2zoizgl.png

huh???

i'm feelin kinda uneasy about knowing that you've been lurking in this thread the whole time.

but thanks for tagging the mother of twins. that got the thread going. even if it wasn't beneficial.

Nice deflection.

I'm just here for the comedy.

Actually surprised this thread is being taken seriously.

People must have forgotten about your morning race-related troll threads in GNS back in the day.

? was hilarious.

Anyway, carry on.

• Matt-
    Options

"gotta" ?

are u being forced against ur will? is there a gun to ur head?

i already agreed to it. and my word is my bond.

but aside from that, I'm not being forced by anyone. nobody has a gun to my head.
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    but u dont really want to?

if thats the case...cancel. She will sense ur distance or unease.
  • Matt-
    Options
    I'm looking forward to chilling with her. when i said "i gotta go..." i didn't mean to imply that i did not want to go.
  • Matt-
    Options
    who is @MissK?

please drop some knowledge
  • Kat
    Options
    lol @ going on an interracial date to a country club..in North Carolina.

Should make for a fun time.
  • MissK
    MissK Members Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I haven't dated white men so I didn't contribute to this thread although I do agree with deadeye that it feels like a troll post.

shrugs.

• Matt-
    Options
    Cain1 wrote: »
    Matt you still in NC? If so take her to the epicenter downtown Charlotte and stay away from Coyote Joes lol.

bruh that is crazy!!! Are you a part of this group? or u just know Kadeeja?? with the silver lexus. Always wearing those big glasses? she cousin with Otis and lil Tay and all them. well thats the only ones i know. They stay over near the stadium. Either u know her or you work over there at the bank with ? ass Lance, and Preston, Cassie, Rob, and Sylvia and maybe that other short blond girl. Abbey I think. You must know them because Coyote Joes is EXACTLY where we are going. Man I don't even know them people like that. I'm over here buggin. making threads cause i don't know what the ? to do or how to act at that spot. You need to call up Lance or Brock or whatver his name is that supposedly planning this and tell that dude nobody wants to go to that ol country western bar. I'm trying to go to Blackfin. I think Kadeeja would like that much better anyway. I'm glad you decided to come into the powder room, seeing a thread asking women to answer a question, and deciding to come in here and answer the damn question!! That ? is supect and trill at the same time because, dude, if you get them to change up the plans, then just expect alot of goats my friend. Damn. finally. something good happens today.
  • Matt-
    Options
    MissK wrote: »
    I haven't dated white men so I didn't contribute to this thread although I do agree with deadeye that it feels like a troll post.

shrugs.

thanks for the honesty.