Fashion debate: Do Americans have any sense of fashion?

2»

Comments

• shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    The most urgent matter here is how horrendously wack some of the neckties I see dudes wearing are, and yet they think they're on some next level untouchable ? . If your tie is shinier than your shoes, you ? up.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Okay, I love fashion. To me, if a person is fashionable and cares about their appearance, it shows that they have self-worth, originality, and a great deal of imagination.

Buying flashy clothes means you value yourself, are original, and have imagination?

It seems to mean the EXACT OPPOSITE of all three.

What are you, ? or something?

If your personality or intellect can't win people over and you have to rely on buying hot clothes, you lost.
  • the_underground
    the_underground Members Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    I have all three: style, personality, and wit. Style is the icing on the cake. But you are boring, arrogant person, KTULU, regardless of how you look, so I wouldn't worry about how you try to dress.

I'm talking about having fun with how you dress and using it to express yourself. Style is a complement to attitude, intellect, and personality. If you don't put any effort into making yourself look attractive by any means, that in itself is an indication of lacking self confidence and self-esteem.

Most Americans won't learn that and think in black and white. Other countries have mastered all three and know how to take care of themselves.
  • the_underground
    edited July 2010
    Buying flashy clothes means you value yourself, are original, and have imagination?

It seems to mean the EXACT OPPOSITE of all three.

What are you, ? or something?

If your personality or intellect can't win people over and you have to rely on buying hot clothes, you lost.

You also probably didn't read the rest of the thread. lol Some Americans are so predictable.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    cake
    You love cake, fatty.

That explains it all.

You need to rock fly ? so people will be like "Yeah, she's a ? , but she dresses well."
  • the_underground
    edited July 2010
    You love cake, fatty.

That explains it all.

You need to rock fly ? so people will be like "Yeah, she's a ? , but she dresses well."

It goes beyond saying that I rock being a fat ? well.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Everyone can't be different now can they???

I admit, being young, I haven't been out of America ever and I'm oblivious to what's going on in the "fashion world" internationally. I agree that a lot of people in America dress wack but I don't agree with your statement that dressing conservative means you're unfashionable.. if you're clean cut with a classic look maybe it really does reflect your personality and taste in style... I switch it up some times but for the most part I keep it regular and dapper instead of trying to be all creative and keeping up with every trend and bandwagon that comes up.
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Everyone can't be different now can they???

I admit, being young, I haven't been out of America ever and I'm oblivious to what's going on in the "fashion world" internationally. I agree that a lot of people in America dress wack but I don't agree with your statement that dressing conservative means you're unfashionable.. if you're clean cut with a classic look maybe it really does reflect your personality and taste in style... I switch it up some times but for the most part I keep it regular and dapper instead of trying to be all creative and keeping up with every trend and bandwagon that comes up.

Most americans cant do conservative right either.That's the problem.
  • death187sin
    death187sin Members Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    I take Kanye,Wale,Lupe,and Pharrel style over the style of most of these so called Newark negros anyday:

e6188f5d-b47a-b82d-55b9-643bf1ecc9e0-life_fb_buzzindex_ManBag.jpg

34479_417449523048_747308048_4392671_4771841_n.jpg

The 2nd pic is no where near my style at all....

Nah... Newark got they own thing.. Trend setters for all of North Jersey for the most part..
  • BabyBugatti
    BabyBugatti Members Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    shootemwon wrote: »
    Most americans cant do conservative right either.That's the problem.

word.
    like seriously
    its amazing how they can fail with a freaking t-shirt and jeans.
    always find some way to just suck at fashion.
  • Blazedadon87x
    Blazedadon87x Members Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Nah... Newark got they own thing.. Trend setters for all of North Jersey for the most part..

Im from North Jersey,but these ? are basically failed Carbon Copies of Lil Wayne that think being Hollister,Abercrombie,and True Religion out is consider "original and swag out".

Basically Newark ? are highly influence by Lil Wayne,The New Boyz, and Jim Jones in a disgraceful way....
  • shtoopid
    shtoopid Members Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    you clearly ain't seen too many black people. i see ? in some gold suits, plaid ties and furry ass hats all the time
  • shtoopid
    edited July 2010
    but still i see your point tho, i go to france or africa and not a white tee in sight. ? got on hella necklaces and ?
  • shtoopid
    edited July 2010
    shtoopid wrote: »
    you clearly ain't seen too many black people. i see ? in some gold suits, plaid ties and furry ass hats all the time

not saying is dressing well, i'm just saying its not tee shirts from your last vacation and cargo pants
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Im from North Jersey,but these ? are basically failed Carbon Copies of Lil Wayne that think being Hollister,Abercrombie,and True Religion out is consider "original and swag out".

Basically Newark ? are highly influence by Lil Wayne,The New Boyz, and Jim Jones in a disgraceful way....

In a sense, Jersey is always 2 years behind Philly. At least y'all not like Reading PA, them ? 6 years behind. Went to a party there full of Baby Phat wearing hood rat Rican girls and ? wearing tall tees and matching fitteds.

With as much shooting you Jersey ? do, the Polo wave finna hit you ? hard.

Edit: The high cuffing of the Jeans got there quick though.
  • Blazedadon87x
    Blazedadon87x Members Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    In a sense, Jersey is always 2 years behind Philly. At least y'all not like Reading PA, them ? 6 years behind. Went to a party there full of Baby Phat wearing hood rat Rican girls and ? wearing tall tees and matching fitteds.

With as much shooting you Jersey ? do, the Polo wave finna hit you ? hard.

Edit: The high cuffing of the Jeans got there quick though.

it sort of did already...u got the 90s ? wearing the horseys like crazy like its something new and the cats trying to stunt hard
    with the U.S.P.A aka the poor man's polo brand....

yea its mostly still Hollister,abercrombie,True Religion,and Aero that would complete the regular jersey hood ? 's outfit..which i stay away from just so I could be different...