Would the Joker be a good Marvel villain?

Options
5th Letter
5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
edited September 2012 in Quite Comical
I was reading a blog and this question popped up, I thought it was interesting so what is your take? How would the Joker fair against Spider Man, Daredevil, the Punisher, Wolverine, Captain America etc?

Comments

• MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SEEING THAT NONE OF THEM ? WOULD ? HIM (EXCEPT WOLVERINE), IT WOULD BE COOL...
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    SEEING THAT NONE OF THEM ? WOULD ? HIM (EXCEPT WOLVERINE), IT WOULD BE COOL...

HUH?? Pun and Cap would murk him for sure, I could see Daredevil and Spider Man getting dropped by Joker.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    depends on who would be his arc....spidey would be interesting b/c spiderman wouldnt ? him and there both mouthy...

as far as joker getting murked dont know...joker is just as good of a tactitian as batman is...and he puts himself in those positions with batman b/c he knows he wont ? 'em...there some heroes in DC that would ? joker if they gotten the chance as well(wonder woman)...jokers smarter than that.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    the thing about Joker is he doesnt put him self out there like that, he knows he cant really hang in a fight like that thats why he is more of a mental villain
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If Marvel used him like the walking Deus Absconditus that DC uses him as, sure he would be a good fit. I mean, at any given time, Joker's as smart as Batman, fights as well as Deathstroke, and as ethereal as Raven. He has no set character parameters aside from chaos, so he can be anything any writer wants him to be for any circumstance.

I personally find the character annoying for the most part aside from cheap G-moments.
  • JosephSunXS
    JosephSunXS Members Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if hes seen as a major villain and written that way they wouldnt make him easily killed so of course.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For Spiderman yes..... Not XMen or any other Superhero with no weakness...
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Spiderman is way too powerful for Joker to be a threat to him.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Joker would outsmart him.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »

Joker would outsmart him.

uh no, he's not outsmarting Spiderman
    He'd be ok for a minute i guess but all of those guys except for Spiderman would end up killing him
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How is joker not outsmarting spiderman but he outsmarts batman every time they meet?

• jaxn
    Options
    Joker isn't bringing anything new to the table that Spiderman hasn't seen before. He has alot of villians who are either ? or geniuses..in some instances, they're both.
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joke Fits The Batman Mythos Pefectly And IMO Only Works Well Fighting Other Normal (albeit Peak) Humans...When You Throw In ? Like Spidey And Wolverine...Its A Wrap Goons Or No Goons..Them Dudes Aint As Vulnerable As Bats
  • ra-mes1
    ra-mes1 Members Posts: 420 ✭✭
    Options
    Re. Spiderman, don't forget...Peter Parker's intellect is on par (or just below) with Tony Stark , Reed Richards, T'Challa, Hank Pym, Hank McCoy. He just doesn't get the same ability to shine the same way because he cracks jokes, etc.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    joker >> green goblin
  • jaxn
    Options
    joker >> green goblin

hahahaha
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aunt May woulda died a loooong time ago if Joker was Spidey's enemy.
  • jaxn
    Options
    of course, because it's not like all those other psychos like the Lizard and Carnage would try to harm a flea
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No, because Punisher exists in Marvel. It doesn't matter who Joker's archenemy is, he would run across Frank at some point and Frank would ? him.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    No, because Punisher exists in Marvel. It doesn't matter who Joker's archenemy is, he would run across Frank at some point and Frank would ? him.
    surprised they haven't done a cross yet where frank tries to ? joker off of GP....

i remember when they merged joker and sabertooth into the hyena

Hyena___Amalgam_redesign_by_Walfiend2.jpg

they also merged batman and wolverine..so i guess it was fair... but prolly not.. hyena was some trill ?
  • joseph sun
    joseph sun Members Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the joker is a top tier villain and the premier psychopath in comic books. hes not easily killed and would remain that way in the marvel universe.
  • jaxn
    Options
    Haul Judos wrote: »
    surprised they haven't done a cross yet where frank tries to ? joker off of GP....
    there was a Batman/Punisher book awhile ago were the Punisher was about to ? the Joker but Batman stopped him

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    joseph sun wrote: »
    the joker is a top tier villain and the premier psychopath in comic books. hes not easily killed and would remain that way in the marvel universe.

Joker is one of my favorite comic villains, but he is easily killed. Hell, he's been beaten to death once already and was brought back because Batman put him in the Lazarus pit. Joker is alive for the sole reason that his nemesis doesn't ? and there is no one in DC that goes around killing villains just to ? them. If the Joker was in Marvel, if no one else did, the Punisher would eventually ? him. It would be inevitable.

• joseph sun
    joseph sun Members Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    joseph sun wrote: »

Joker is one of my favorite comic villains, but he is easily killed. Hell, he's been beaten to death once already and was brought back because Batman put him in the Lazarus pit. Joker is alive for the sole reason that his nemesis doesn't ? and there is no one in DC that goes around killing villains just to ? them. If the Joker was in Marvel, if no one else did, the Punisher would eventually ? him. It would be inevitable.

the thing is no one is going to write the story where the punisher kills the joker for good, and marvel has a lot of characters of its own the punisher should of killed, but hasnt.
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Punisher, Logan, let that ? joker ? around and ? the wrong mother ? . That ? would get erased from comics. Let him ? around and ? somebody wolvie ? with like he killed Todd...? would be ripped apart.