SNL

TheNightKing
TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Season premier was Saturday. Anybody checking for it still? I thought Saturday's ep was pretty good. The Romney barbs were hilarious, especially the one where he kept buying any company dude worked for just to lay him off. Seth McFarlane was a good host. That puppet skit had me rolling. Bill Hader is probably one of my favorite SNL actors ever. His range is crazy. His Clint Eastwood impression was spot on. Kind of missed Kristen Wiig too, she was another of my favorites and had crazy range too. Jay Pharaoh had the Obama voice down but needs to work on the mannerisms and look.

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jason Sudeikis off the show this season? last i heard Andy Samberg and Wiig was for sure but he was still questionable.

Bill Hader is deff my favorite from this cast tho, no doubt.

Hes hilarious in all the Apatow movies he's in too.
  • TheNightKing
    Sudeikis is back playing Romney. He only agreed through January though so probably won't do the whole season.
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watched the episode today...thought it had some funny moments....like you said that puppet skit was ? Hilarious...Bill Hader is the best part of the show nowadays...also that Lids skit with the Korean rapper was funny as hell...it made me go look up the video on youtube..lol it's funny
  • J. Will
    J. Will Members Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good episode, i think they still spend too much time on Weekend Update..? is stale when its only one person..Seth is probably the best at all of em that went at it solo but ? takes up 10 minutes of the show...need to get Amy back just for that part or give one of those other chicks a shot..
  • TheNightKing
    J. Will wrote: »
    Good episode, i think they still spend too much time on Weekend Update..? is stale when its only one person..Seth is probably the best at all of em that went at it solo but ? takes up 10 minutes of the show...need to get Amy back just for that part or give one of those other chicks a shot..

I'd agree with that. His jokes just don't really do it for me. They're the most clever/intelligent of any other Weekend Update host, but not laugh out loud funny. I liked Kevin Nealon. I know people talk about Norm McDonald a lot because he was so outrageous with what he said, but it wasn't funny most of the time to me. The guests have always been the highlight of Weekend Update though. Especially Bill Hader when he does Stefan. I read that he and another guy write the jokes ahead of time but then the other guy changes them before airing and that's why Hader always breaks character and busts out laughing.
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. That Stefon ? is just so ridiculous I can help but laugh.

So Jay Pharoah is Obama now, does that mean Fred Armisen bounced too?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TheNightKing
    Yeah. That Stefon ? is just so ridiculous I can help but laugh.

So Jay Pharoah is Obama now, does that mean Fred Armisen bounced too?

Nah, Fred's still there. He played the awkward producer who tried to fill in for the TV sex therapist. That was pretty funny too. Jay Pharaoh can sound like all the dude's, but he really need to work on his mannerisms and the subtle things about the people he impersonate. Make it more of an accurate representation instead of a caricature. Andy Samberg was great, but I still got to give it to Bill Hader for shear hilarity with his characters.

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was never a fan of Samberg, just the stupid characters he plays. Reminds me of ? and farley, and i dont like either of those guys lol.