Options
    jaxn wrote: »
    rage wrote: »
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    Tha sonar is only affective on fish.? he gone do to Venom on land?

So now Sonar is only affective on fish....SMH at the American school system.

Are you dense? Aquamans ability acts as telepathy to the fish.Whatever sound pitch it gives off does not affect any thing else or is loud enough to bother the sembiot.If thats the case than a dog whistle would be enough to hurt Venom.Looks like you never learned comprehension skills in that fine school you went to.

LMAO...so now TELEPATHY (ability to mentally communicate with someone with your mind) is the same as SONAR....LMAO....I'm done. And to think Dolphins, Whales and Bats have been telepathic super animals all along!!! Spiderman used ? church bells to dip on the symbiote...a dog whistle might as well be a .50cal to the dome for a symbiote.

unless you're talking about a new development with Aquaman in 52, it does only affect aquatic life.

Aquaman uses telepathy to speak to fish....SONAR is an entirely different skill set. Sonar is echo location using high frequency sound waves. One has nothing to do with the other.

Again, unless you're referencing something from the new 52, his SONAR only works on aquatic life, but thanks for the science lesson

He used telepathy on superman once and a white alien...anything with aquatic life ancestry he has it.

Aquaman is stronger in the water... Namor is stronger on land. In water aquaman would beat Namor's ass

Aquaman would get his ass whooped on land and water by Namor, sorry bruh.

and to amann's post, I didn't know the ? was that strong so in that case he could probably whoop every single DC hero including superman.

To add to that, Namor has the same ability which means he could whoop Jean Grey and Professor X's ass, possibly ? up all the X-men.
  • Doctopian
    Doctopian Members Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    Options
    No, Namor is stronger period. Unless Aquaman has something comparable to matching the Hulk and Hercules, then he isn't stronger than Namor. Regarding this fight, Aquaman wipes his ass with Venom and doesn't have to rely on weakness exploitation to do it.
  • joseph sun
    joseph sun Members Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    dc characters are known cheaters. they just randomly get new abilities.
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Doctopian wrote: »
    No, Namor is stronger period. Unless Aquaman has something comparable to matching the Hulk and Hercules, then he isn't stronger than Namor. Regarding this fight, Aquaman wipes his ass with Venom and doesn't have to rely on weakness exploitation to do it.

Going head up with Martian manhunter....eating a shot from wonder woman that knocked him through a building like it was nothing...that weak ass hulk that Namor fought....get a life...Thor hit Namor with the hammer once and slept him...in Germany in the rain...
  • joseph sun
    joseph sun Members Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Doctopian
    Options

Going head up with Martian manhunter....eating a shot from wonder woman that knocked him through a building like it was nothing...that weak ass hulk that Namor fought....get a life...Thor hit Namor with the hammer once and slept him...in Germany in the rain...

What are the details behind the Manhunter fight? Taking a punch from Wonder Woman sounds about Doc Samson level unless she was trying to ? him or something.

I could see you dismissing Name's showing against the Hulk if it was a one time occurrence, but he's beaten Hulk at least three times, and has matched Hercules at least twice.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    honestly I'm not THAT big of Aquaman fan.

I just know from going by what I've read in the actual comics over the years and not by how he is viewed and portrayed in the general media, dude is a force to be reckoned with when written properly and his full power set is on display,which usually is under written.

And Namor is physically stronger on land and sea, but Aqua's mental abilities should more than close that gap.It'll be a good fight for sure.

• a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all boys sleep on Aquaman for real...family would murderman dance on venom and if he had the suit bats gave him to li e on land it would be annihilation.

Venom maybe the "cooler" character visually, but there's just not much he can really do to hurt or put Aquaman down for good.

A telepath that can jungle tanks. And he's not on Superman's level of durability but he pretty much can take whatever damage Venom throws at him
  • Doctopian
    edited September 2012
    Options
    A.Mann, I have a similar level of respect for Aquaman, but I still would side with the original in a fight.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I also agree that Aquaman would body Venom even if they just kept physical contest.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you dense? Aquamans ability acts as telepathy to the fish.Whatever sound pitch it gives off does not affect any thing else or is loud enough to bother the sembiot.If thats the case than a dog whistle would be enough to hurt Venom.Looks like you never learned comprehension skills in that fine school you went to.

LMAO...so now TELEPATHY (ability to mentally communicate with someone with your mind) is the same as SONAR....LMAO....I'm done. And to think Dolphins, Whales and Bats have been telepathic super animals all along!!! Spiderman used ? church bells to dip on the symbiote...a dog whistle might as well be a .50cal to the dome for a symbiote.

unless you're talking about a new development with Aquaman in 52, it does only affect aquatic life.

Aquaman uses telepathy to speak to fish....SONAR is an entirely different skill set. Sonar is echo location using high frequency sound waves. One has nothing to do with the other.

Again, unless you're referencing something from the new 52, his SONAR only works on aquatic life, but thanks for the science lesson

Where does it say that again? SONAR is SONAR...

In the comics where his abilities are mostly shown to work on aquatic life only
  • jaxn
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    Aquaman telepathy

1419152-1404546_aquaman_feat_super_super.jpg

1419153-1404547_aquaman_feat_2_super_super.jpg

this is what we call "high end feats" and not a common occurence for the character..High end feats always make the character look better than they are on average
  • jaxn
    Options
    scaled.php?server=478&filename=aquamancallsbirds027ug.jpg&res=landing

aquamanv525207el.jpg

aquamandoestelepathicbattle017.jpgaquamanv525166qh.jpg
    I'm not seeing the sonar unless it's in the images not showing up
  • jaxn
    Options

He used telepathy on superman once and a white alien...anything with aquatic life ancestry he has it.

Aquaman is stronger in the water... Namor is stronger on land. In water aquaman would beat Namor's ass

He's not stronger than Namor in water nor on land.
  • jaxn
    Options
    honestly I'm not THAT big of Aquaman fan.

I just know from going by what I've read in the actual comics over the years and not by how he is viewed and portrayed in the general media, dude is a force to be reckoned with when written properly and his full power set is on display,which usually is under written.

And Namor is physically stronger on land and sea, but Aqua's mental abilities should more than close that gap.It'll be a good fight for sure.

unfortunately for Aquaman and most of DC heroes, they have to fall in line to Superman and Batman so its rare that they're shown as effective as they can be..in JLA/Avengers Aquaman used his telepathy around Namor and Namorita..it effected them but didn't quite but them down.
  • PK_TK_187
    PK_TK_187 Members Posts: 2,240
    Options
    Since when could Aquaman do all this ? ?
    are there multiple Aquamen?
    cuz watching Justice Friends growing up, no one wanted to be Aquaman
    everyone picks Venom on Marvel vs Capcom
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PK_TK_187 wrote: »
    Since when could Aquaman do all this ? ?
    are there multiple Aquamen?
    cuz watching Justice Friends growing up, no one wanted to be Aquaman
    everyone picks Venom on Marvel vs Capcom

You would think Aquaman has always been able to do this. I know that Geoff Johns took over and made him a complete bad ass tho.