Revolution on NBC

Options
marc123
marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
any one fukin wit this?

jus watched the pilot. wasn't expecting much, but was actually impressed. Only gave it a chance cuz Gus Fring has a major role. It appears to have promise. over all good 42 minutes of TV. i'll be there next week.

thoughts?

Comments

• S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watched my recording of it last night. Seems good.. NBC trying a cross between Game of Thrones and Walking Dead. Replace magic with technology and no dead people.

Giancarlo Esposito was killing his role in this one too. Gave no ? dropping all them dudes with the desert eagle.
  • S.jR.
    Options
  • J. Will
    J. Will Members Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    seemed ok...a lil skeptical but i'll give it a few more weeks
  • thenatureboy
    thenatureboy Members Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like everyone mentioned the show has potential, will need to see how it develops over the coming weeks.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this show is gonna be decent
    but if it was on cable, it would be great
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • marc123
    Options
    jus watched 2nd ep. ? was decent. the flashbacks were cool. reminded me of Walking Dead flashbacks. the main broad gone be a G by seasons end. lookin 4ward 2 next week...
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea ever since NBC ran heroes into the ground i been skeptical about watching there shows
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't like the pilot.

Emotional ass ? got his pops murked.
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watched all three episodes last night.

I'll ? with it.

My only question is...

What the ? happened to the South side of Chi?

Those ? were at wrigley which means they were pretty far north [logistically doesn't mean ? for anyone not from chicago]

I generally watch these shows to figure out what happened to the Black folks or if the networks just gonna ignore that equation.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like the show so far, but the girl is already getting on my nerves. I hate characters that live in ? up worlds and act like everything and everyone should operate like its Utopia or something. There is a difference between believing things should be better and working towards that and believing you should act as if they already are better.
  • Amotekun
    Options
    I like the show so far, but the girl is already getting on my nerves. I hate characters that live in ? up worlds and act like everything and everyone should operate like its Utopia or something. There is a difference between believing things should be better and working towards that and believing you should act as if they already are better.

This right here....

That type of attitude will get another ? killed off, ? up or placed in some otherwise precarious position if because ? cant get with the program.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok, I'm about to check ot the first episode now. This ? better be good...
  • marc123
    Options
    3rd episode was coo.

I liked the back story. some parts of it were corny, the whole "bring back america" thing made me lol. the lil brother shoulda choked the dude to death imo. the main female, needs to ? and turn into a full time gangsta. see'in the cd player and iphone work for a few seconds was interesting. Gus Fring needs some screen time...overall it has promise.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After seeing more episodes I'm starting to like it more.

Mainly interested in the Monroe and Matthew background though.
  • Amotekun
    Options
    Gott that ish on record. Watchin Alphas right now.

Revolutions is cold joe.
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The show is over hyped trash so far. I will try one more episode.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its an ok show, the main chick annoys the hell out of me. and her brothers ? saved the black dude when he could of just dipped out wtf
  • RawAce
    Options
    Seriously,
    Gus woulda been stuck under that log while me happy ass skipped to freedom

I damn near wanted to stop watching the show.

But,
    anyone that is upset by the pacing of the show has to remember that these are the same people that made Lost.
    I expect to get no answers until season 3....atleast the middle of season 2.
    Be patient,
    dont make this show your main or it will let u down but it will pay off in the long run
  • marc123
    Options
    RawAce wrote: »
    Seriously,
    anyone that is upset by the pacing of the show has to remember that these are the same people that made Lost.
    I expect to get no answers until season 3....atleast the middle of season 2.

based on the number of views I doubt It'll get to a season 3
  • thenatureboy
    thenatureboy Members Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not really the people behind Lost, JJ is a producer but the main showrunner is Eric Krippe the guy behind Supernatural. Show is solid so far, not great. There are some weak parts, but there is enough mystery there to keep me watching so far, really interested why Miles wanted his brothers wife to come over to the militia.
  • S.jR.
    Options
    It's solid, the more grittier the story gets will help them sustain some lasting success.

Revolution borrows from some popular cable shows and the only way for it to go from solid the great they need more moments of realistic ruthlessness, significant supporting characters dying (the dad's girlfriend dying of the artery wound), warfare (what other groups are like Monroe that challenge them, that's not the good guys or rebels), people not surviving terrible weather.

What happened to the people from inner cities, hoods, ghettos? I understand rich and middle class people (which it seems like they have only shown) will get tougher too but I'd expect some of the most harden people will find a way to survive and look out for others they've known all their life.. Just don't be cliche (If I see a ? T-Dog in this show... I'm done.)

I mean its NBC so I don't expect it to be overly trill but it needs to hint at it often if it wants any real acclaim. But this show has lots of upside and many ways it can go with the story.

Yea I understand its episode 4 but they can't stall on showing what happened with people from all over until season 2 or there won't be one.
  • marc123
    Options
    jus got caught up. Gus Fring is the best damn thing on this show. the story behind the power goin out sounds hella corny.
  • Amotekun
    Options
    S.jR. wrote: »
    It's solid, the more grittier the story gets will help them sustain some lasting success.

Revolution borrows from some popular cable shows and the only way for it to go from solid the great they need more moments of realistic ruthlessness, significant supporting characters dying (the dad's girlfriend dying of the artery wound), warfare (what other groups are like Monroe that challenge them, that's not the good guys or rebels), people not surviving terrible weather.

What happened to the people from inner cities, hoods, ghettos? I understand rich and middle class people (which it seems like they have only shown) will get tougher too but I'd expect some of the most harden people will find a way to survive and look out for others they've known all their life..Just don't be cliche (If I see a ? T-Dog in this show... I'm done.)

I mean its NBC so I don't expect it to be overly trill but it needs to hint at it often if it wants any real acclaim. But this show has lots of upside and many ways it can go with the story.

Yea I understand its episode 4 but they can't stall on showing what happened with people from all over until season 2 or there won't be one.

Yea this right here at the bold. Shows like this need to expand their subplots. Expand the universe outside of just this troupe. For instance that train situation this past week I was just SMH. Im sittin back like this isnt realistic war scenarios. That train inthe wrong hands is tide turning meaning the brother is expendable.

Trill ass rebels would have blown that train up along with everyone on it. There needs to be some dividend. Baby brother needs to have some value outside of being boy hostage.
  • RawAce
    Options
    So far,
    the show is watchable but I think it will get axed jus like TeraNova

Its a show that had good premise but too many things not executed right

The one thing that bothers me is the complete breakdown of society in only 15 years.
    I jus find it hard to believe that the US govt lost control and average joes were able to set up militias and divide the country into 4 factions