Revolution on NBC

Options
2»

Comments

• marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? , need to get back into this and Last Resort.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    RawAce wrote: »
    So far,
    the show is watchable but I think it will get axed jus like TeraNova

Its a show that had good premise but too many things not executed right

The one thing that bothers me is the complete breakdown of society in only 15 years.
    I jus find it hard to believe that the US govt lost control and average joes were able to set up militias and divide the country into 4 factions

Yeah that's what i'm not getting either...15 years really isn't that long
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    well it could be possible, communication is key to rule. if there are constraints for a long enough time, militia factions could pop up. I doubt it would be as organized though
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its possible but the premise was off. Their shoulda been a civil war or some major conflict that led to the formation of these four factions.

And where the ? are the Black people....like we know if a situation like this existed there would be communities of Black people isolated from everyone else. So far ? are just goons on someone else' squad.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this is quite possibly the most filler show ever.
    nothin ever seems critical with these people and they use more cliffhangers than
    the walking dead & prison break combined.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Amotekun wrote: »
    S.jR. wrote: »
    It's solid, the more grittier the story gets will help them sustain some lasting success.

Revolution borrows from some popular cable shows and the only way for it to go from solid the great they need more moments of realistic ruthlessness, significant supporting characters dying (the dad's girlfriend dying of the artery wound), warfare (what other groups are like Monroe that challenge them, that's not the good guys or rebels), people not surviving terrible weather.

What happened to the people from inner cities, hoods, ghettos? I understand rich and middle class people (which it seems like they have only shown) will get tougher too but I'd expect some of the most harden people will find a way to survive and look out for others they've known all their life..Just don't be cliche (If I see a ? T-Dog in this show... I'm done.)

I mean its NBC so I don't expect it to be overly trill but it needs to hint at it often if it wants any real acclaim. But this show has lots of upside and many ways it can go with the story.

Yea I understand its episode 4 but they can't stall on showing what happened with people from all over until season 2 or there won't be one.

Yea this right here at the bold. Shows like this need to expand their subplots. Expand the universe outside of just this troupe. For instance that train situation this past week I was just SMH. Im sittin back like this isnt realistic war scenarios. That train inthe wrong hands is tide turning meaning the brother is expendable.

Trill ass rebels would have blown that train up along with everyone on it. There needs to be some dividend. Baby brother needs to have some value outside of being boy hostage.

Problem is that the same things that keep inner city people in turmoil during regular times would keep them that way during times of distress. If they fighting to the death over a couple properties of drug real estate, what do you think they will do in a situation like this. That would essentially make them easy pickings for a more organized and focused group like one of the militias that popped up.