Who Is Your Most Underrated and Overrated Wrestler Ever from Any Company

Options
Idiopathic Joker
Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
edited September 2012 in Off The Turn Buckle
Underrated - Shelton Benjamin. Great ring work, extremely athletic, probably could have been a great babyface if WWE wasn't racist.

Overrated - Shawn Michaels. This man is no where near the man WWE tell you he is. Average in ring ability, ok babyface, great heel, I never saw what was so special about this guy.

Comments

• TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Overrated: Randy Orton, John Cena, Rob Van Dam, Rey Mysterio, HHH, Jeff Jarrett, Jeff Hardy (tie)

Underrated: Can't think of anyone off the top of my head. Bam Bam Bigalow maybe?
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Underrated-
    Sabu
    Sandman
    Mikey Whipwreck
    2 Cold Scorpio
    Scorpio Sky(Harold from the Angry management skits)
    Lance Strom
    Jerry Lynn
    Kid Kash
    William Regal
    Overrated-
    John Cena
    Randy Orton
    Alberto Del Rio
    Sheamus
    Great Khali
    Jinder Mahal

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cant believe ive seen shawn micheals jeff hardy and rob van dam on an overrated list!!!

overrated: Antonio Cesaro(maybe he was better in roh, but i havent seen it yet), HHH, Kane, Rey Mysterio, Del Rio, Jack Swagger, Khali, Mark Henry, Scott Steiner, Jeff Jarrett, Kevin Nash, Hulk Hogan, Hulk Hogan, Hulk Hogan, Hulk Hogan, Hulk HOgan,

underrated: have to totally agree with genocide minus Steven Regal, plus Shelton Benjamin, Christian, Nova, The Miz, Kofi Kingston, Christopher Daniels, C.W. Anderson, Juventud Guerrera, Raven, Cody Rhodes, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, D-Lo Brown, Matt Hardy, Shane Helms, Shannon Moore

ill think of more later
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    HHH overrated????????
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited September 2012
    Options
    deep down in my heart, i think he'd only be a 2 or 3 time champ if not for ? the boss's daughter and being hbk's buddy
  • MrLunatik1979
    MrLunatik1979 Members Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would say any wrestler that is able to compete in MMA would be underrated
  • dandctt
    dandctt Members Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I always thought Big Show was....somewhat underrated, but underpushed more than anything. Dude is (billed at) 7 feet 500 pounds, has a finishing move where he throws one punch a knocks u out cold?? By that logic he should be undefeated and going on his like 10th consecutive year as WWE Champion.

But for some reason his career has always gone, unstoppable monster heel squashing or beating up some little guys then he actually fights a main eventer and gets beat easily. Then gets put in a comedy mid-card babyface gimmick for a while, leaves the company, comes back and repeat. He couldve been undertaker status if wcw or wwe pushed him correctly.

overrated - (Could apply to a lot of people) The indy guy that everybody loves and thinks is the best wrestler alive until he gets called up to a major promotion and has to water down his style then everybody hates him.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dandctt wrote: »
    I always thought Big Show was....somewhat underrated, but underpushed more than anything. Dude is (billed at) 7 feet 500 pounds, has a finishing move where he throws one punch a knocks u out cold?? By that logic he should be undefeated and going on his like 10th consecutive year as WWE Champion.

But for some reason his career has always gone, unstoppable monster heel squashing or beating up some little guys then he actually fights a main eventer and gets beat easily. Then gets put in a comedy mid-card babyface gimmick for a while, leaves the company, comes back and repeat. He couldve been undertaker status if wcw or wwe pushed him correctly.

overrated - (Could apply to a lot of people) The indy guy that everybody loves and thinks is the best wrestler alive until he gets called up to a major promotion and has to water down his style then everybody hates him.

wwe released a documentary on the big show years ago. in it show admitted he never had the work ethic. he took his height, weight, and strength for granted so he never worked out. thats how dude started to get fat. if im not mistaking, wwe sent show back to development because of it. thats why he was absent for most of 2000

its a backstage rumor that show called taker a has-been. taker replied "i rather be a has-been than a giant that never was".

and khali is overrated? who the hell said he was something special?
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Big Show is the definition of wasted talent
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options

wwe released a documentary on the big show years ago. in it show admitted he never had the work ethic. he took his height, weight, and strength for granted so he never worked out. thats how dude started to get fat. if im not mistaking, wwe sent show back to development because of it. thats why he was absent for most of 2000

its a backstage rumor that show called taker a has-been. taker replied "i rather be a has-been than a giant that never was".

That ether, that ? that make your soul burn slow
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options

for some reason wwe thought he was something special enough for a main event title push

• Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shawn Michaels overrated huh?? SMH

I keep saying this but Rob Van Damn is the most overrated wrestler of all time...
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options

I keep saying this but Rob Van Damn is the most overrated wrestler of all time...

Shawn Michaels is average at best. Vince Mcmahon hypes him up so everyone believes it
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sheldon Benjamin was underrated his skill set was so versatile he could slam people (dat german suplex nd Oklahoma slam was mean), he could do flips off da top ropes nd turnbuckle he wasnt used enough

Overrated- Randy Orton, Dolph Ziggler wack move sets nd even worse finishers
  • dandctt
    dandctt Members Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options

Naw homie, ECW days/early WWE days RVD was that dude.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    wouldnt say shawn is overrated but he aint GOAT as Vince and alot of ? make him seem
  • Already Home_17
    Options
    shawn michaels was given the name showstopper for a reason. he's a great performer and liable to steal the show everytime he performed. look at his track-record at WM alone since he returned in 02

WM19- vs. jericho
    WM20 - vs. hhh and benoit
    WM21 - vs. angle
    WM22 - vs. mcmahon *not the match of the night but it had some great spots*
    WM23 - vs. cena
    WM24 - vs. flair
    WM25 and 26 - vs. taker

he arguably had the best match at these events and he wasnt even in his prime
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    shawn michaels was given the name showstopper for a reason. he's a great performer and liable to steal the show everytime he performed. look at his track-record at WM alone since he returned in 02

WM19- vs. jericho
    WM21 - vs. angle
    WM23 - vs. cena
    WM24 - vs. flair
    WM25 and 26 - vs. taker

WM19 - a classic
    WM20 - all hhh and benoit
    WM21 - wack
    WM23 - ok at best
    WM24 - terrible to watch. his im sorry and i love you to flair were corny as hell. not the match of the night
    WM25 - A decent match in a terrible ppv
    WM26 - boring

like I said overrated
  • Already Home_17
    Options

WM19- vs. jericho
    WM21 - vs. angle
    WM23 - vs. cena
    WM24 - vs. flair
    WM25 and 26 - vs. taker

WM19 - a classic
    WM21 - wack
    WM23 - ok at best
    WM24 - terrible to watch. his im sorry and i love you to flair were corny as hell. not the match of the night
    WM26 - boring

like I said overrated

hmm, ok. i see where you're coming from........

bridge_troll.jpg
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options

WM19- vs. jericho
    WM21 - vs. angle
    WM23 - vs. cena
    WM24 - vs. flair
    WM25 and 26 - vs. taker

WM19 - a classic
    WM21 - wack
    WM23 - ok at best
    WM26 - boring

like I said overrated

u trippin mane
  • Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Peezy_Jenkins: Cesaro wasnt that exciting in ROH, but take Chikara, PWG and even CZW now and then we're talking.

John Cena: I get it, he is over. As in overrated. Without bashing the guy, his punches still looks weaker than RVD's (which is saying something).

Not as much underrated as underutilised: Ted DeBiase.
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wrestlemania 21 with Angle was wack?!

Yea mane stop trollin...we get it...
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Wrestlemania 21 with Angle was wack?!

Yea mane stop trollin...we get it...

I'm trolling, but you saying RVD is overrated
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    HBK is the GOAT. Nobody has had more classic matches and been more innovated and appeared in more innovated matches than HBGoat
  • Cigarello Slim
    Cigarello Slim Members Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Overrated: CM Punk - He's not a bad wrestler and his mic skills are good, but I feel he's overrated. He's the Lil' Wayne of wrestling, he calls himself the best and people believe it because there isn't much competition out there.

John Cena - He seems like a good guy but this guy is everything wrong with wrestling right now. A mediocre wrestler with corny PG jokes and sub-par mic skills. The PG jokes I can excuse cuz we all know WWE is catered to a younger audience, but his promos would still be wack even if he came up in the Attitude Era. But I give him credit for having this type of career despite the things I said about him.

Underrated: Ahmed Johnson, Vader, 1-2-3 Kid or X-Pac, Marc Mero and Bob Holly