The Rickey Smiley TV Show is the worst Black show I have ever seen.

Options
SecondChanceBro
SecondChanceBro Members Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Has anybody seen it, the show comes on TV One. It is horrendous, The cast is poorly put together, Rickey and the rest of the cast are not funny on the show, Ray J is his sidekick and he surly is not a comedian or a good actor, Allen Paynes, Wife from House of Payne is also Rickey's wife and she is dull on this show also. The rest of the characters are rehashed characters from other hit tv shows but they miss. The daughter is Hilary Banks 2.0 and the younger son is Franklin Mumford 2.0 from My Wife and Kids. Jay Anthony Brown is underwhelming. The only hope I have for the show is Lil JJ he is Rickey's Older son, but has not had an opportunity to shine in the first 2 episodes I have seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYrlwOC8Dt8&feature=plcp

Comments

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    never thought rickey was funny...I watched it on mute and could tell it was not funny ? looks low budget as hell

sidenote: so those godawful tyler perry shows have been cancelled??
  • BIGbaddBLACK
    BIGbaddBLACK Members Posts: 90 ✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah it was pure ? not funny at all.
  • SecondChanceBro
    Options
    never thought rickey was funny...I watched it on mute and could tell it was not funny ? looks low budget as hell

sidenote: so those godawful tyler perry shows have been cancelled??

I dont think so, but the funny thing is my sister came in while I was gaming and my laptop was connected to the TV through HDMI and she started watching it with no sound on the laptop and said the same thing LOL.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black Church comedians are the worst comedians ever (Ricky Smiley, Steve Harvey,etc). How many whack ass Mrs. Jenkins jokes can you tell, they'r e a bunch of limited and pandering mfs. All them play into that Tyler Perry crowd.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SecondChanceBro
    Options
    I agree, although I still enjoy the original Steve Harvey show and his older stand up, but the new Churchy ones I was not a fan of.
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Black Church comedians are the worst comedians ever (Ricky Smiley, Steve Harvey,etc). How many whack ass Mrs. Jenkins jokes can you tell, they'r e a bunch of limited and pandering mfs. All them play into that Tyler Perry crowd.

never watched original kings of comedy post
  • usmarin3
    Options
    goldenja wrote: »

Watched Kings of Comedy and it's typical church comedy ? . Bernie Mac was easily the funniest and has content beyond cliche ? , most of these mfs can't speak about anything of substance like politics.

Patrice Oneal > these wack ass ? with their ? Richard Pryor impressions.
  • SecondChanceBro
    Options

Its GOAT they were all funny.
  • usmarin3
    Options
    These black comedians be on two topics

1. Black people do this, white do that
    2. Church ?
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I notice mostly women like church comedians... And women buys things so the Smiley, Harvey, and Perry of the world will aways be in business
  • SocialAssassinRati
    SocialAssassinRati Members Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never understood the Steve Harvey hype...the funniest bit I've ever seen him do was the one about Mitch Blood Green and Mike Tyson fight and the one about him getting fired. Byt outside of that Bruh or not he needs to ? ...Rickey Bruh or not...needs to stick to Crank calls and Lil Darryl impersonations on replays of 1990s comview reruns...

• SocialAssassinRati
    edited September 2012
    Options
    side note: HOW IN THE ENTIRE ? ....did Steve Harvey become a relationship guru after like 3 failed marriages? Like I said Bruh or not...? needs to ? !!!
  • i fit
    i fit Members Posts: 920
    Options

Watched Kings of Comedy and it's typical church comedy ? . Bernie Mac was easily the funniest and has content beyond cliche ? , most of these mfs can't speak about anything of substance like politics.

Patrice Oneal > these wack ass ? with their ? Richard Pryor impressions.

Patrice O'neal is the unknown GOAT comedian.
  • SocialAssassinRati
    Options

That ? wasnt funny......the only person that saved it was Bernie.

DL telling the same 1992 BET comicview jokes... -___-
    Steve Harvey crescendoing every "punchline" yelling after every sentence... -__-
    and Cedric's fat ass GQ teddy bear schtick is old -___-

Bernie was the only cat that really ripped it.
  • SocialAssassinRati
    Options
    side note: HOW IN THE ENTIRE ? ....did Steve Harvey become a relationship guru after like 3 failed marriages? Like I said Bruh or not...? needs to ? !!!

Black women like being pandered to about relationships, because GOOD LAWDY, DEY AIN'T NO MO GOOD BLACK MEN LEFT.

you forgot to add...praise white geezus *goes to drink more Steve Harvey church kool-aid*
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    That ? was so corny. I only watched it for like 3 minutes and flipped the channel. Homeboys in outer space>>>>>>>>> Rickey Smiley show
  • thenatureboy
    thenatureboy Members Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't even know he had his own show.

Cool to see Janene from House of Payne getting work so quickly and Lil JJ winner of Coming to the Stage getting work. Judging from the preview I won't be watching though.
  • SecondChanceBro
    Options
    @thenatureboy did she die on the show or something?
  • thenatureboy
    thenatureboy Members Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @thenatureboy did she die on the show or something?

Nah, she didn't die. The show just ended, but her and CJ were still together at the end.
  • Cigarello Slim
    Cigarello Slim Members Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Someone put me on Ricky Smiley man because I never thought he was that funny even during the Comic View days.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    based on the promos it looked corny
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ricky smiley isnt that funny but that light skin chick is the only reason I would check it out