Is America, Mystery Babylon the Great? Weigh the evidence and you decide!

Options
DoUwant2go2Heaven
DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2012 in R & R (Religion and Race)
“The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.”Eccl. 1:9

• History repeats itself.
• Prophetic events, like history, repeat themselves

“Remember the former things of old: for I am ? , and there is none else; I am ? , and there is none like me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure.” Isaiah 46:9-10

• We need to search what has already happened in the past, in order to understand what is to come.
• ? has already told us the future in His word; therefore we must study to show ourselves approved unto Him, a workman who needs not be ashamed, because we rightfully divide the word of truth.

Key Identifying Markers of who “End-Time” Mystery, Babylon the Great is

1. Described as having a mother nation. She would also be the last of the nations.

“Your mother shall be sore confounded; she that bare you shall be ashamed: behold, the hindermost of the nations shall be a wilderness, a dry land, and a desert.” Jeremiah 50:12

• In 1776 the USA declared their independence from England. Which gave birth to the last great superpower. The USA is the youngest and greatest nation today.

2. Described as having a great space program.

“Though Babylon should mount up to heaven, and though she should fortify the height of her strength, yet from me shall spoilers come unto her, saith the LORD.” Jeremiah 51:53

• NASA is the world’s leader in space exploration. Recently they just launched another rover that reached the planet Mars. Truly, Babylon has mounted up to heaven.

• The USA fortifies the height of her strength through her military power.

3. Described as being the Hammer of the world; i.e. the policeman of the world

“How is the hammer of the whole earth cut asunder and broken! how is Babylon become a desolation among the nations!” Jeremiah 50:23

4. Described as having a great voice in the world.

“Because the LORD hath spoiled Babylon, and destroyed out of her the great voice; when her waves do roar like great waters, a noise of their voice is uttered.” Jeremiah 51:55

• The world moves to the beat and voice of America. The President is called “The leader of the free world”. Wall St. controls all of the world’s finances. The UN is located in New York City. Babylon influences many.

5. Described as being a melting ? of people. A land of Immigrants

“A sword is upon their horses, and upon their chariots, and upon all the mingled people that are in the midst of her; and they shall become as women: a sword is upon her treasures; and they shall be robbed.”
Jeremiah 50:37
(Jeremiah 50:16 and Revelation 17:15)

Comments

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    6. A land full of treasures and pleasures.

O thou that dwellest upon many waters, abundant in treasures, thine end is come, and the measure of thy covetousness.” Jeremiah 51:13
    (Isaiah 47:8, Revelation 18:7, 14, 17)
    • America is filled with entertainment, mad over materialism, and overtaken by consumerism.

7. Described as being the engine for the worlds trade economy.

“And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:” Revelation 18:11
    (Revelation 18:3, 12-13, 17-19)

• The New York Stock Exchange (Market Cap 13.4 trillion) and the NASDAQ (Market Cap 3.9 trillion) are the #1 and #2 largest stock exchanges of the world. Many nations of the world have been made rich by America’s consumerism and trade.
    http://www.forbes.com/pictures/eddk45iglh/new-york-stock-exchange/#gallerycontent

• America is the #1 consumer nation of the world.

“The United States, with less than 5 % of the global population, uses about a quarter of the world’s fossil fuel resources—burning up nearly 25 % of the coal, 26 % of the oil, and 27 % of the world’s natural gas.” - http://www.worldwatch.org/node/810
    http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/eco_imp-economy-imports

8. Described as a Great City that has many cities

“And the most proud shall stumble and fall, and none shall raise him up: and I will kindle a fire in his cities, and it shall devour all round about him. “ Jeremiah 50:32
    (Revelation 17:18)

• Just as ancient Babylon, Babylon the Great has chief cities that symbolically represent the entire empire. I.E. New York City.

• New York is “ironically” referred to as the Empire State

• There is actually a city called Babylon, New York, which was founded and named after ancient Babylon. It sits right on New York harbor. Coincidence? I think not.

9. Believes that she will never see sorrow; dwells carelessly.

“Therefore hear now this, thou that art given to pleasures, that dwellest carelessly, that sayest in thine heart, I am, and none else beside me; I shall not sit as a widow, neither shall I know the loss of children.” Isaiah 47:8 (Revelation 18:7, Isaiah 47:10)

• America believes she is free from foreign invasion and total destruction because of her military might and nuclear weapons.

• Because of her pride ? will humble her.

Babylon use to have a relationship with ? , but she forsake her heritage. Therefore ? labels her as a harlot. Instead of worshiping the true and living ? , Babylon has given herself over to all the gods of the world and has thus became the habitation of demons and foul spirits. Just as the nation of Israel never thought that judgment would come upon them, likewise Babylon never thinks that judgment will come to her.

The prophets of Israel tried to tell the people, rising up early and preaching the word of ? that judgment was coming because of the nations disobedience and harlotry, but the people would not hear and would not believe the word of ? . Thus as it was in those days so shall it be in these days.

“That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and ? requireth that which is past.”
    Ecclesiastes 3:15
    Just as it was in ancient Israel, so shall it be today. Therefore ? indicts the leaders for leading His sheep astray. “My people hath been lost sheep: their shepherds have caused them to go astray, they have turned them away on the mountains: they have gone from mountain to hill, they have forgotten their restingplace.” (Jeremiah 50:6)
    The leaders of the people of ? have led the people astray by not preaching sound doctrine. There is nothing new done under the sun. What has been, will be again. Yeah, let ? be true and every man a liar! ? says that history will repeat itself. Thus we can see that the same word ? gave Habakkuk when Judah was about to be led away captive, applies to this day as well. “Behold ye among the heathen, and regard, and wonder marvellously: for I will work a work in your days, which ye will not believe, though it be told you.” (Habakkuk 1:5)

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited September 2012
    Options
    With that being the case, what is most important for us is to Identify Babylon with 100% accuracy because:
    ? CALLS HIS CHRISTIANS OUT OF BABYLON BEFORE HE EXECUTES JUDGMENT.

“I heard another voice from heaven saying, `Come out of her, MY people, that you be not partakers of her sins, and that you receive not of her plagues.” Revelation 18:4

This message is clearly a warning to Jesus' people that we must obey His command to come out of Babylon. Before Babylon is destroyed in 1 day and in 1 hour, conditions of life will appear to be very normal, until ? 's judgment suddenly falls in a single day. (Luke 17:26-30).
    Herein lies ? 's PRINCIPLE of judgment: ? will issue repeated warnings to repent before destruction. These warnings will be given to and through His word and His servants. But, He has set a specific DAY for destruction. That day will dawn as any other--the sun will come up; the skies will look normal; people will be going to work or to school; traffic jams will be occurring; businesses and factories will be operating; trains, planes, and buses will be running; Wall Street will be busy.
    This day upon which ? 's judgment will fall will look and feel like any normal day. There will be no special, visible warning.

And then destruction will come and it will be total.

“And the land shall tremble and sorrow: for every purpose of the LORD shall be performed against Babylon, to make the land of Babylon a desolation without an inhabitant.” Jeremiah 51:29
    Amen.