Paul Ryan booed by Seniors for Saying He'd Re-peal OBAMACARE

Options
soulbrother
soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2012 in The Social Lounge
I guess OBAMACARE is more popular than peopel want to believe.....President Obama will win by a landslide

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zogQy5aG0WI

Comments

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "dont take my word for it....dont take my word for it"

then he didnt tell them how or where they can verify what he was saying...the simple fact that they dont want to disclose what theyre going to do or how theyre going to do it is a clear red flag
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They were like get that ? the ? outta here lol
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah you can't be talking that getting rid of entitlements to seniors . They vote and like receiving social security and medicare
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    u are entitled to it if u work 40-50 or however many years and put into it retired and want that ? back to live off of...
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I honestly feel Michelle could run against Mitt and beat him.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    u are entitled to it if u work 40-50 or however many years and put into it retired and want that ? back to live off of...

That's not how social security works. They paid to make sure their mothers and fathers were good and now their children are doing the same. This is why everybody is nervous about baby boomers are retiring at once, because it may not be enough children to support them. I don't think that this is the case.. The government owes social security, and they will pay the difference. You paying your part guarantees that you can take part when it's your turn or you can deny it if so ideological. The prob is, Conservatives think the government has no place in society while failing to note that this government is supposed to represent and ensure the well being of society as outlined in the constitution. I'm not sure of Medicare works the same way but i have a feeling that it does.
  • heyslick
    heyslick Members Posts: 1,179
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »

That's not how social security works. They paid to make sure their mothers and fathers were good and now their children are doing the same. This is why everybody is nervous about baby boomers are retiring at once, because it may not be enough children to support them. I don't think that this is the case.. The government owes social security, and they will pay the difference. You paying your part guarantees that you can take part when it's your turn or you can deny it if so ideological. The prob is, Conservatives think the government has no place in society while failing to note that this government is supposed to represent and ensure the well being of society as outlined in the constitution. I'm not sure of Medicare works the same way but i have a feeling that it does.

FYI

The rate of baby boomers retiring is staggering - 10 thousand a month for the next 19 years ( I didn't say/imply collecting SS).

• heyslick
    Options
    ^^^^^

here's the link, actually I was mistaken - it's 10 thousand a day for the next 19 years -- WOW! (365/366 DAYS per year) for 19 years DAMN!

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/in-2011-the-baby-boomers-start-to-turn-65-16-statistics-about-the-coming-retirement-crisis-that-will-drop-your-jaw
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    ^^^^^

here's the link, actually I was mistaken - it's 10 thousand a day for the next 19 years -- WOW! (365/366 DAYS per year) for 19 years DAMN!

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/in-2011-the-baby-boomers-start-to-turn-65-16-statistics-about-the-coming-retirement-crisis-that-will-drop-your-jaw

DAAAAAMN!!!!!!!! I'm a little worried about the future of SS now. This is why I have always said when it comes to social programs like Medicaid and Medicare, it should be payments similar to food stamps. Or maybe some kind of currency that is completely free and won't add to the deficit, cuz this is crazy.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And Paul Ryan getting booed by seniors is very telling, Romney is winning the senior vote according to polls but even that is getting away from him now. I say 90% chance Obama wins this election, Romney is too stupid a candidate to even have a good chance now.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options
    Actually Romney is beginning to lose the senior vote and Ryan wanted a voucher program and wanted to destroy whats working rather then streamline and clean it up like Obama is doing, which is why he was booed.

http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/09/24/us-usa-campaign-medicare-idINBRE88N04Z20120924

Social Security has to be propped up until we can get over that hurdle if it's even needed at that point. its' actually good until 2038 but the projections are always kicked forward. Social Security doesn't owe the government anything, the government currently owes social security through bonds. But that's how the government works. It's how roads get built and money sitting in social security unused becomes useful.

investinginbonds.com/learnmore.asp?catid=3&id=50
  • heyslick
    Options
    FuriousOne claims
    Actually Romney is beginning to lose the senior vote and Ryan wanted a voucher program and wanted to destroy whats working rather then streamline and clean it up like Obama is doing, which is why he was booed.

FYI - here's the rest of the story (as Paul Harvey used to say) - SO who are folks gonna believe?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/aroy/2012/08/11/why-the-democrats-mediscare-attack-wont-work-against-paul-ryan/
  • heyslick
    Options
    This snippet from the link above - lets be honest now.

A prior version of Paul Ryan’s Medicare reforms—one that Mitt Romney did not fully endorse—would have required all future retirees younger than 55 today to join a private plan. But even describing that plan as “ending Medicare as we know it” is ridiculous. Both Obamacare and Ryan’s plan make changes to Medicare: Obamacare in the direction of government rationing, and Ryan in the direction of privatization. PolitiFact, the left-leaning fact-checking site, pronounced the “ending Medicare” claim to be the 2011 Lie of the Year.

Obama has cut Medicare more than Romney-Ryan would

• Jabu_Rule
    edited September 2012
    Options
    @heyslick If you you wanna throw my name in your mouth, use the @ symbol. To the rest of your wack ass statements, Dude not only voted but created measures for a voucher system which does nothing to bring down cost. A voucher system is not Medicare. You can't change the nature of it and keep the same name. Your semantic word salad and dodging techniques aren't going to change the history of their intent. But i don't think their concerned with creating any sort of reasonable medical system or streamline and cut cost because now they have a prob with 700b in cost cuts (without loosing value) and Romney is content with letting folks ? the system by telling them they should go to the ER.'

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/post/romney-let-them-go-to-emergency-rooms/2012/09/24/3ac90b0e-0680-11e2-afff-d6c7f20a83bf_blog.html
  • TheLaureate
    TheLaureate Members Posts: 221 ✭✭✭
    Options
    You know why Social Security is in danger? Because the Federal government is using that SS money on trillion dollar wars and trillion dollar bailouts.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • heyslick
    Options
    This is what Obamacare will do - so in the future advisory boards will determine who gets treated. SO Uncle Sam will be your doctor in the future - thanks to Obamacare (aka) afforble health care act.

There are 600,000 physicians in America who care for the 48 million seniors on Medicare. Of the $716 billion that the Affordable Care Act cuts from the program over the next ten years, the largest chunk—$415 billion—comes from slashing Medicare’s reimbursement rates to hospitals, nursing homes, and doctors. This significant reduction in fees is driving many doctors to stop accepting new Medicare patients, making it harder for seniors to gain access to needed care.

• Jabu_Rule
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Unfunded medicare part D, and greedy Doctors over charging in the first place is all i have to say to that.