OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    SWAMPGOD wrote: »
    Native Jimmys, yall ? aint bout that life

? be breakin they neck, they love them ? , all kinda compliments

native-jimmy-boots-glm15-cy-1

des dem Hulk Hogan ?
    Bruh

? , dem ? wit some white levi 501s, foh, yall ? dont know how to dress, yall might be a little more conservative, rock bland, dark, fall colors, plain old black or brown boots, nah, my looks and baby face allow me to get away wit loud colors thats all i rock is loud colors, ? gon notice me

what that ? ? said, "the best way to make a ? respect you is to dress better than she do" chuuuch!!!!!, and i be damn if that aint true
  • B_A
    B_A Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

des dem Hulk Hogan ?
    Bruh

? , dem ? wit some white levi 501s, foh, yall ? dont know how to dress, yall might be a little more conservative, rock bland, dark, fall colors, plain old black or brown boots, nah, my looks and baby face allow me to get away wit loud colors thats all i rock is loud colors, ? gon notice me

what that ? ? said, "the best way to make a ? respect you is to dress better than she do" chuuuch!!!!!, and i be damn if that aint true
    Only thing killing them is the color, they look like rain boots. I seen a pair of brown ones that looked pretty dope
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

des dem Hulk Hogan ?
    Bruh

Only thing killing them is the color, they look like rain boots. I seen a pair of brown ones that looked pretty dope

yea they got a few different colors, but them yellow, "pheeew" gucci voice, them ? stupid on my feet in public
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @willmunny you musta been there the same day as me because I copped the same ones...#props fool
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah not sure the best way to keep my jeans when I'm rockin boots ever
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Yeah not sure the best way to keep my jeans when I'm rockin boots ever

huh? I'm wearing mine right now and my levi's hangin' proper and not touchin' the ground in the back. these ? ' boots are like quilts on my feet right now..freezin' outside.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Florshiems, Eastland and Clarks just copped all 3 in the last 2 months. [img][/img]28vv9tw.jpg
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in the Midwest and it's winter now so I rock Timbs until the Spring starts.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man some of ya'll ? picked some ugly ass boots timbs for the win
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    timbs. until I find other boots I think I would look fresh in.
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭

des dem Hulk Hogan ?
    Bruh

Respect your opinion and the fact that everyone has their own taste but what you gonna wear with those bright yellow boots? I'm 33 y/o. I got outfits for all occasions, but I can't see myself rocking these boots with anything. Do you, though. As long as you confident it's gonna show in your non verbal communcation. You gonna get love for the opposite sexe for being confident IMO.
  • the scout
    the scout Members Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Polo, Nike acg, timberland, and I had a pair of rock ports at one point in time
  • Cor Blimey
    Cor Blimey Members Posts: 3
    Grensons for when I dress up, and magnums for my all terrain activities
  • ojos_negros
    ojos_negros Members Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    Lacoste, Timberland.

Used to be timbs now I got a pair lacoste

Tbh I had no idea lacoste made boots like that, instant buy, haven't seen them on anyone else at all.

• qtipp73
    qtipp73 Members Posts: 915 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if u wear anything but timbs or nike ur probably in the closet
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Last week I copped some Sorel 1964 Premium T boots. I picked the Sorels because they're "under the radar," and hardly anybody, (at least in New York anyway,) is rocking them. Out here everybody is doing Uggs, Polo boots, and some cats are still rocking Timbs. Also the logo isn't prominent. I wouldn't mind the Polos, but I don't like the idea of "Prince Charles," being prominently featured on my boots.

After breaking them in, the Sorels are a comfortable fit, even though there's a slight slippage on the heel. The company doesn't make half sizes, being that I'm a 10 1/2, I went up to the 11, the 10's were too tight around my toes. I am curious how the 10's would feel after they're broken in. The top is leather with vulcanized rubber on the bottom. I'll post a weather review when it snows or rains. These's are some pictures I took.

Sideview.jpg

FrontView.jpg

Backview.jpg

BootswithIsolation.jpg

InsulationandBoot.jpg

BackviewwithInsulation-1.jpg

Insulation.jpg

The insulation is removed and can be washed.

Those are the Sorels I bought two years ago. Man, the bottom of them of the left boot cracked in February, so I was walking around with wet feet with all that ? snow that had last winter, needless to say a ? wasn't pleased. I was doing some straight scandalous low budget ? last winter. In order to keep my feet dry, I put plastic shopping bags in my boots in a vain attempt to keep my feet dry.

• Maximus Rex
    edited December 2014
    (Nope) wrote: »
    get some boots (Maybe Redwings),

So I did what dude suggested in I Need Help With Winter Fashion http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/521550/i-need-help-with-winter-fashion#latest and copped a pair of Red Wings Boots from my local Red Wings dealer in Sunnyside, Queens.

AnotherSideview_zpsa1e55736.jpg

b6148e73-f8d2-431d-8fe9-e0a6213818d1_zps4dd03d95.jpg

Sideview_zps179dbd94.jpg

FrontView_zpsef0c426b.jpg

WiththeBox_zps54d27c8b.jpg

TheLabel_zps17b0e0b2.jpg

I had my eye on Red Wings for a minute, but I didn't intend on the Red Wings being my primary winter boots, the Sorels were supposed to fill that role, however I ended up having to throw them out. So when I copped the boots, I asked the sales people about proper care for the boots.

First of all I discovered something that is actually common sense. Being that leather is various kinds of animal hides, (which was at one point in time the animal's skin,) you have to maintain the leather which requires weatherproofing the boots with water repellent, conditioning the leather, and replacing the soles of the boots, and that's what ? me in the game.

file.jpg
    Salt Stains on shoes

The problem with the Sorels is that the boot is one piece, in other words the sole can't be replaced. So when the bottoms cracked the boots where rendered useless. Which leads me to a very important piece of information in regards to boot care. If you notice after being outside during a snow or ice storm there will be white ? on your boots, also, there will be ice and snow melt on the bottoms of your boots. Useless you don't give about about your boots, it's imperative that EVERY TIME YOU COME IN AFTER OUT IN THE SNOW, YOU CLEAN YOUR BOOTS! The ice and snow melt is VERY acidic and it will literally eat right through the soles of your boots. Since were spending at a minimum a buck fifty on some boots, you want to get the most out of your investment.

I paid $320, for my Red Wings, (which are the 1426 model,) I have a reason for dropping the price of the boots. For that $320 I get a lot of ? , for example I can go into the store and have them condition and weather proof my boots, also (and most importantly,) for $100 I can get them resoled.

Though the upfront cost is a lot it's actually quite a good dollar value which will save me money. Red Wings are work boots that are designed for hard, heavy and everyday use. ? that are doing construction, logging, and other types of manual outdoor labor. From the reviews I read, these were saying that there boots lasted 3 to 4 years. Since I'm only going to wearing my boots in inclement weather four months out of the year, I would think that my boots would last a lot longer.

I like the Sorbels, and I would probably get another pair, but only as a maybe a third pair of boots. I not saying that you have to spend as must as I did on my boots, but I would I strongly suggest is that when you do buy boots that you get some with replaceable soles. You wipe the ice and snow melt off the boots and you maintain the leather with water repellent and leather conditioner.

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need some boots, thinking of copping some tomorrow prolly gonna get some polo boots or some timbs

any recommendations?
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    was thinking of these

lg679308e0whe.jpg

1_228592_ZM.JPG

• Maximus Rex
    edited December 2014
    But, I know it's Ralph, but everybody has Ralph. That's part of the reason why I got the Red Wings, hardly anybody has those ? .
  • Maximus Rex
    edited January 2015
    How To Buy Cold Weather Boots – Guide To Buying A Quality Men’s Winter Boot

http://www.realmenrealstyle.com/buy-cold-weather-boots/

Most modern men accept that there’s a limit to suffering for the sake of style.

Once the weather turns really lousy, we tend to agree that fashion can go out the window — we’re wearing whatever keeps us warm and dry!

All well and good, but have you ever wondered how functional your fashion can get?

Dedicatedly sharp dressers have managed to look their best even in the worst weather conditions for generations, and you can too!

A truly all-weather wardrobe takes a while to build. Weather-specialized gear that’s also stylish enough to pass muster in a business or high-society setting is a niche market, and most of the shoppers in it are affluent.

But with the purchase of a few key pieces, you, too, can stay sharp-looking even when the men around you have given up and thrown on their puffy coats and snow boots.

One key piece of the cold-weather stylist’s wardrobe: the cold weather dress boot!

I would like to thank ShoePassion for the sample winter boots I used in the below video and for the use of their images throughout this article.

Click on any of the boot images to checkout their quality men’s dress boots & shoes. http://www.shoepassion.com/entire-collection.html?filter_jahreszeit=536&filter_sex=603
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaZq4HWD8LI

How To Buy Cold Weather Boots - Guide To Buying A Quality Men's Winter Boot - Dress Boots For Cold

Properties of a Cold Weather Dress Boot

Dress boots in general are an interesting meeting of qualities: the utilitarian function of a sturdy, ankle-supporting boot blended with the elegant lines and polished leather of a dress shoe.

Add in the need to endure deep snow, slippery ice, and biting cold, and you have a piece of footwear with some very specific needs. Here are all the characteristics that make a boot both a “dress boot” and a useful piece of cold-weather gear:

Insulation from the ground (thick, multilayered soles)

Inner insulation (warm lining, padding, etc.)

Waterproofing

Wind/air resistance (non-porous material)

Sole traction

Upper-ankle height or greater

Dark color

Leather exterior

Simple upper/vamp design (similar to dress shoes)

That’s quite a laundry list for one boot (well, all right, two boots, unless you’re sporting a peg leg) to achieve.

An ideal cold-weather dress boot needs to be so sleek and simple that it can go with a business suit, but also so insulated that it can keep you warm in below-zero temperatures, and so sturdy that the sole can grip and the sides can give you ankle support on slick ice.

Tall order — but achievable.

Dress Boot Features for Cold Weather

The key to looking sharp in extreme cold is finding a manufacturer that specializes in boots, and specifically in dress boots and cold weather boots.

There are a couple of styles that perform particularly well in the extreme cold. We’ll take a look at the main ones here. Keep in mind that many of these overlap — good cold weather dress boots often fall into more than one of these categories, or have more than one of these features.

1. Quality Leather Exterior

The boot starts with its exterior. If this is cheap, or poorly constructed, the rest of it doesn’t matter.

“Box calf” (calfskin tanned with chromium salts) is an ideal material for cold weather boots. It combines durability with a smooth surface and a high gloss. Some top-grain leathers perform comparably well, while full-grain leather adds extra durability at the cost of a rougher exterior surface.

Be wary of anything labeled “genuine” or “bonded” leather. Neither has the thickness or durability to block out cold air and melting snow or slush.

In addition to a high-quality leather, exteriors should also be dark and smooth enough to resemble a dress shoe. As with your basic oxford or derby shoe, a bit of seaming or brogueing on the cap is fine in most circumstances; the more decorative elements you have, the less dressy the boot becomes.

Once you start shopping higher-end dress boots you’ll be pleasantly surprised to see how easy it is to stay business-formal with them. Most are indistinguishable from traditional dress shoes except for the height of the boot, or, in some cases, the closure method (a zippered side instead of laced eyelets, for example).

2. Lined Interior

If you’re going to be wearing them outside in sub-zero temperatures, your boots need a lining. Period, end of story — unlined just isn’t going to cut it.

That said, you can go a couple different ways here. Some have only a very light cloth liner to wick moisture away from the foot, while others use animal fleece or synthetic padding for a thick, insulated layer.

You can even get by with a boot that has a hard leather exterior and a softer leather interior, though these tend not to keep moisture (including self-generated sweat) away from the foot as well.

But whatever lining you go for, you want something on the interior that will help trap body-warmed air in by the foot, instead of leaking it out into the cold air outside. Lambskin and shearling fleece are both excellent thick linings, while moisture-wicking polyethylene or polyester work well for lightweight but less insulating linings. Soft calfskin can also be used for those that prefer an all-leather construction.
  • Maximus Rex
    edited January 2015
    3. Rubber Outsoles

Talk to a dress shoe purist, and odds are he’ll tell you that leather soles are the only option for a gentleman.

All well and good in the summer, but try that when there’s a foot of snow on the ground plus months of thaw/freeze cycle ice built up underneath the latest dusting!

Leather soles are sturdy, comfortable, and easy for a skilled cobbler to replace as many times as needed. They’re fantastic — when you can sacrifice a little bit of traction in exchange for all those other benefits.

In the winter, you can’t. You want a rubber outsole with gripping treads. And that can still be dressy. The best-looking winter dress boots achieve this by using relatively thin rubber outsoles welted onto leather soles beneath them, sometimes even with a square of leather still visible between the rubber padding on the heel and toe.

Because they aren’t as thick as the all-rubber sole of a work or hiking boot, these rubber outsoles will need to be replaced more often than others — every two or three years, say, give or take a few depending on frequency of use. But that’s a relatively low investment to make for shoes that work well in the snow and are still discreet enough to wear with a business suit.

If you’re serious about extending your dress boot wearing into the worst winter months, be willing to consider the rubber outsoles. There does come a point where pure leather won’t cut it anymore, and at that point you’re better off wearing a leather boot with discreet rubber padding on the soles than you are switching to winter ski or hiking boots.

4. Boot Upper Height & Ankle Coverage

A good winter boot — dress or not — needs to be high enough to stomp through the occasional bit of snow.

Most dress boots aren’t made with the assumption that you’re going to be wading across unplowed fields or anything like that. They end around the upper ankle, which is just fine for men walking on regularly-shoveled city sidewalks.

Realistically you won’t be doing anything more rugged than that in your dress slacks or business suits anyway, so more height usually isn’t needed. But men who want snow protection all the way up to mid-calf or beyond can always invest in a pair of “half-boots” — a misleadingly named style that’s actually taller than most other boots. The name comes from “half” of the high-boot style, a mostly-obsolete form of men’s boot that rose above the knee.

High-sided boots tend to be pull-on, sometimes with elasticized sides, simply because it takes too long to lace a boot that large up. Some military boots give you the height of a half-boot with a lace-up front, but their chunky soles and oversized eyelets are decidedly non-dressy.

For most men, a high-ankled dress boot, with or without elasticized sides, is ample. Laced boots with a closed (oxford) lacing system are generally considered dressiest, followed by pull-on styles, open (derby) lacings, and finally side or front zippers.

Caring for Winter Dress Boots

Make no mistake about it — one pair of true winter dress boots is an investment. If you’re savvy about sales and discounts you might find one for as low as $100-200, but in most cases it will be more like a $250-$1000 layout for new boots.

And that’s fine, if you take care of the boots. Properly cared-for, good leather will last multiple decades. But if you neglect that care, the lifespan shortens dramatically.

What do I use to take care of my leather boots and dress shoes?

Products I rec are: Leather Honey, Chamberlain’s Leather Milk, Saphir Polish, Meltonian Shoe and Boot Cream, Lincoln Stain Wax Shoe Polish, and Obenauf’s Heavy Duty.

Winter boot care revolves around three basic principles:

1. Clean

Always clean your boots off when you come in from the winter.

A quick wipe-down with a handkerchief or a paper towel before the slush and ice melt on the sides of the boots has time to drive can be a game-changer. That gets the salt and any other chemicals contained in the melt off the boot before it has time to sink into the leather, where it can damage the fibers and in some cases react with the dyes to make the color bleed and run.

So get in the habit of pulling a handkerchief out of your pocket and giving the boots a quick wipe once you’re on your own in the office, or wherever else you work. When you get home at night, go one step further and give them a quick wipe with a warm, wet washcloth, and then towel them off on something clean and dry.

It sounds fussy, but it’s the most important maintenance you can give a pair of good leather boots, especially in city settings where everyone’s dumping salt and melt pellets all over the sidewalks at the first sign of snow.

2. Condition

Leather conditioner helps keep shoes supple and strong. It adds moisture to the fibers that make up the leather, which seems pointless on snowy, slushy days — until you realize that your boots spend most of those days inside, being dried by artificial heat.

Just as people’s noses and lips tend to dry and ? in the winter, so too does the natural, fleshy material of leather. Make a point to condition it at least once each winter and you’ll extend the lifespan of the boots by years.

Applying conditioner is simple: wash the leather off with warm water and a clean cloth, then let it dry and work the conditioner in with a soft rag. Let it stand for a day to soak in completely and then polish the surface to seal the conditioner in.

3. Polish

On that subject: polish is good for more than just a bright shine! Use shoe polish every few months to keep a smooth, hard surface on your boots that repels water and grime.

A basic wax polish works fine for most calfskin and top-grain or full-grain leathers. If you’re wearing something like suede, look for a specialized polish that won’t affect the surface texture. If you’re ever in doubt, test a small patch somewhere out of sight (the heel down near the sole is a good spot) to make sure it doesn’t cause any discoloration.

Some men also like to apply a waterproofing spray to the seams or surface of their boot along with polish, but be aware that many of those are formulated for the synthetic materials or treated leathers used in high-tech outdoors gear. They may cause staining or discoloration on plain leather, so again, test a small amount in an unobtrusive spot first.

Properly cared-for, a cold weather dress boot should keep you warm and stylish, even in the worst winter weather — and it should do it for years
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U7Os0S_I7k

What do I use to take care of my leather boots and dress shoes?

• bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    i wear boots as long in the year as possible...i think sneakers and jeans look bummy

so i got all kinds of boots from timbs, lugz, just picked up wingtips, doc martin, supra skytop boots...just depends on where i'm going will determine what kind i wear

supra_skytop_boot_fg_brown__4274.jpg