Boycott of the NFL

Options
unspoken_respect
unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
If a famous/powerful figure announced a movement to boycott the NFL until they work out a deal with the refs, would you be down? This would be on some official ? . Millions of fans behind them.

Me, hell yeah. I got college football so I'm good. The NFL isn't the only show in town.

I would also like to say my team hasn't been affected yet but its hard to ignore blatant ignorance of the refs and the NFL's out of ? attitude.

Boycott of the NFL 28 votes

Yes
21%
tdinerounspoken_respectits....JOHN BKINGOFDAARCADENastyNastyAmotekun 6 votes
No
64%
eyes lowwhite715S2Jinfamous114intlhakVIBEFlyFreeCtReggie80coop9889Chi-Town BullyKeepOnPushingnumbaz...80's babyTheIraqAristo_V300fightforolddcDaBullHyenaKillaSleepwalkingInJapan 18 votes
Don't care
14%
CymicaldaneNothingButTheTruthkacee139KamPushMe 4 votes

Comments

• lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i ain't boycotting ? and i don't need a famous person to tell me how to think or millions of other folks.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    No, the refs haven't been a factor for my teams games. I couldn't care less about them ? other teams
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Bro you know that dumb ? aint happening
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    i ain't boycotting ? and i don't need a famous person to tell me how to think or millions of other folks.

Exactly
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    boycott aint gonna do nothing, NFL is still gonna make money regardless
  • unspoken_respect
    Options
    Yes
    Bro you know that dumb ? aint happening

Not saying it would happen just a hypothetical situation.
  • unspoken_respect
    Options
    Yes

That wasn't the point. The point is that you know you have a large group of people backing you and someone with a voice saying enough is enough. I never said anything about them telling you what to think.
  • unspoken_respect
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Yes
    To all those that say nothing will change. That's the reason nothing would change.

In a hypothetical situation creating the perfect storm to make the NFL stop shuffling their feet, you say ? it.

If it was just me saying boycott I could understand people saying no, but I'm talking millions fans plus powerful voices.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i'll boycott the NFL on tuesday, wednesday, friday, and saturdays
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To all those that say nothing will change. That's the reason nothing would change.

In a hypothetical situation creating the perfect storm to make the NFL stop shuffling their feet, you say ? it.

If it was just me saying boycott I could understand people saying no, but I'm talking millions pdf fans plus powerful voices.

Good luck with millions of people boycotting.

Who are these powerful voices you speak of? Don't tell me you're talking about celebrities.
  • unspoken_respect
    Options
    Yes

If it was just me saying boycott I could understand people saying no, but I'm talking millions pdf fans plus powerful voices.
    Its only a matter of time until they stick it to us like Delhomme against the Cardinals.
  • unspoken_respect
    Options
    Yes
    northside7 wrote: »

Good luck with millions of people boycotting.

Who are these powerful voices you speak of? Don't tell me you're talking about celebrities.

Bruh...hypothetical situation. Celebrities, professional athletes, millions of fans. It world be a realistic chance to make an impact.

Why y'all bringing common sense and realism in here to destroy my thread? Lol
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That wasn't the point. The point is that you know you have a large group of people backing you and someone with a voice saying enough is enough. I never said anything about them telling you what to think.

once again who cares what a large group of ppl are doing or what a famous voice says. I'm a niners fans and a huge Steve Young fan. If he says don't watch the games anymore, I'm not listening to him. If i felt that deeply about the call last night to the point where I would stop watching, then I would have already said that today and not watched this weekend. I don't need a movement to jump off 1st then say oh yea let me boycott that. for example i haven't ate at popeye's since they put that cooning ass sister in the tv commercials. My cousins and my girl say I'm crazy for this one man boycott but i don't care i', gonna do me.
  • unspoken_respect
    Options
    Yes

once again who cares what a large group of ppl are doing or what a famous voice says. I'm a niners fans and a huge Steve Young fan. If he says don't watch the games anymore, I'm not listening to him. If i felt that deeply about the call last night to the point where I would stop watching, then I would have already said that today and not watched this weekend. I don't need a movement to jump off 1st then say oh yea let me boycott that. for example i haven't ate at popeye's since they put that cooning ass sister in the tv commercials. My cousins and my girl say I'm crazy for this one man boycott but i don't care i', gonna do me.

I don't know what you don't understand or what you are getting at but more power to you.
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    Options
    You should've asked people that actually pay for the product. I think some of these refs are playing favorites or just fixing the games all together. Theres no way the NFL can tell its customers that what they see with their own eyes didnt happen. If a team videotapes a signal, that may not be the call or put up cash to knock someones head off ? , are up in arms though? But refs directly influencing games is no big deal...WTF is that?
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    No
    if we're talkin about til Feb...id rather boycott ? nh
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Aint none of you boycotting nothing, you always go sit down every Sunday, Monday and Thursday and watch the NFL
  • kacee139
    kacee139 Members Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't care
    Aint none of you boycotting nothing, you always go sit down every Sunday, Monday and Thursday and watch the NFL

lol until the NBA COMES BACC next month

• DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    ravens going to da superbowl, i aint boycotting nuffin
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    kacee139 wrote: »

lol until the NBA COMES BACC next month

NBA season doesn't start until February bruh......
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    If you voted yes........

......... you are now deemed a homosexual.
  • Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't care
    Wont matter anyway. There are enough humanoids that will still follow regardless
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall will be back thur and sun to watch...d nfl knows this
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    smh boycott. NFL is the only thing everyone cares about in America and no bad calls gonna change that. I can be mad at a poor product but they could have no refs period and i'm planted on the couch from noon to midnight Sunday.