The Official NBA 2K13 Thread

Options
Cigarello Slim
Cigarello Slim Members Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2012 in IllGaming
play_e_nba2k1301jr_400.jpg
NBA 2K13 is a basketball video game developed by Visual Concepts and published by 2K Sports. It is scheduled to be released on October 2, 2012 in North America for the Xbox 360, PlayStation Portable, PlayStation 3, Microsoft Windows, Wii U, and Wii. Kevin Durant of the Oklahoma City Thunder, Blake Griffin of the Los Angeles Clippers, and Derrick Rose of the Chicago Bulls are the cover athletes. Unlike its predecessor, NBA 2K12, NBA 2K13 features all three cover athletes on the same cover, rather than individual covers. NBA 2K13 is the successor to NBA 2K12 in the NBA 2K series.

The demo dropped today so I thought it's about time, to start the 2K discussion again. After playing one offline game I like the way the game feels, a more fluent flow on offense and ALOT more A.I. cuts to the basket (sometimes too much movement). With the good comes the bad, I played online (for the 360) and... wait for it...
The online connection is still ass

But it's just the demo so I'm keeping my fingers crossed this doesn't carry over to the actual game.

Anyways let's talk, let's pop ? , let's get hyped for everybodies favorite basketball game nah mean!

Comments

• your flyness
    your flyness Members Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I posted this in Cheap Seats NBA@K thread also:

*First Impressions* (based off demo)

Graphics seem more polish, like the turn up the contrast or something

Gameplay feels more fluid

Notice new animation, like they were tweaked nothing too extravagant

You can tell they edited the character models, they seem "taller" in a good way though

Aww ? Hop Step button is back, also Alley Oops have been remapped

Tried to do an head to head online match but it just kept searching. Hopefully thats not a sign that the servers still suck. They need to bring back unranked lobbies
  • Louis Cipher
    Louis Cipher Members Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what about fast breaks? inhuman defense? cheese? crazy 4th quarter come backs?
  • your flyness
    Options

Cant really answer those from the Demo. Fast Breaks and Defense seem normal though. Expect hop step cheese to be back since its mapped to a single button again.
  • your flyness
    Options
    NBA2K13 PS3 BASIC CONTROLS
    Pass = X
    Bounce Pass = L2 & X (incorrect in trailer)
    Alley OOP = □ & x (Lstick chooses recipent)
    Alley OOP = □ & x (point at rim for OOP to self)
    Crowd Dribbler = Hold L2 (When near non-dribbling Ball handler)
    Post Up = ∆
    Jump Shot = □
    Normal Dunk = Hold R2 then press □ (While driving)
    Steal = □
    Take Charge = O

PS3 ALL NEW CONTROL STICK
    Crossover = Rstick Left (ball in right hand)
    Spin = Rstick Twirl Clockwise
    Behind the Back = Rstick away from hoop (incorrect in trailer)
    Stutter Step = Rstick Toward Hoop
    Hesitation = Rstick> Right (ball in right hand)
    Step Back = Lstick away from hoop (ball in right hand) (Still Unsure if "O" is used)

PS3 ALL NEW SHOT BUTTONS:
    Hop Step Layup = “Lstick” sets hop direction Tap “O” then hold “ □”
    Rip Over Jumper = Press “O”, “Lstick” toward hoop then hold “ □”
    Step Back Jumper = Press “O”, “Lstick” away from hoop then hold “ □”
    Snatch Back Jumper = Press “O”, “Lstick” opposite momentum then hold “ □”
    Euro Step = Double Tap “ □”
    Spin Layup = Double Tap “O” then press and hold “ □”
    Spin Dunk = R2 and double tap “O” then press and hold “ □”

• your flyness
    Options
    NBA2K13 X360 BASIC CONTROLS
    Pass = A
    Bounce Pass = LT & A (incorrect in trailer)
    Alley OOP = X & A (Lstick chooses recipent)
    Alley OOP = X & A (point at rim for OOP to self)
    Crowd Dribbler = Hold LT (When near non-dribbling Ball handler)
    Post Up = Y
    Jump Shot = X
    Normal Dunk = Hold RT then press X (While driving)
    Steal = X
    Take Charge = B

X360 ALL NEW CONTROL STICK
    Crossover = Rstick Left (ball in right hand)
    Spin = Rstick Twirl Clockwise
    Behind the Back = Rstick away from hoop (incorrect in trailer)
    Stutter Step = Rstick Toward Hoop
    Hesitation = Rstick> Right (ball in right hand)
    Step Back = Lstick away from hoop (ball in right hand) (Still Unsure if "B" is used)

X360 ALL NEW SHOT BUTTONS:
    Hop Step Layup = “Lstick” sets hop direction Tap “B” then hold “X”
    Rip Over Jumper = Press “B”, “Lstick” toward hoop then hold “X”
    Step Back Jumper = Press “B”, “Lstick” away from hoop then hold “X”
    Snatch Back Jumper = Press “B”, “Lstick” opposite momentum then hold “X”
    Euro Step = Double Tap “X”
    Spin Layup = Double Tap “B” then press and hold “X”
    Spin Dunk = RT and double tap “B” then press and hold “X”
  • Cigarello Slim
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Good looks on the control layouts, I call myself tossing D.Wade an alley, didn't know they switched it and threw it right to Russell "I can't dress ? " Westbrook". Sometimes 2K unnecessarily switches the controls but I heard you have the option to play with last year's controls so we'll see.

One thing I will say this soundtrack is poppin' probably my favorite since 2K9 or 2K8 with those Dilla tracks.
  • Louis Cipher
    Louis Cipher Members Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Cant really answer those from the Demo. Fast Breaks and Defense seem normal though. Expect hop step cheese to be back since its mapped to a single button again.

damn...i hate that hop step...and that spin dunk...smh...online ? have no shame...
  • infamous118
    infamous118 Members Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    Options
    we need to quit bullshitting and actually do an online league this year
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can we get a mod to merge the two.. cuz the 2k in cheap seats got a lot of views and posts already
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The new control scheme .. wack.. i hope we can use the traditional joint
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It sure is...I was on a Fast Break wit LeBron and i normally used the shot stick to slam it home...? did a crossover dribble...
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just played the full game in BB but it was the 360 version and I could not get into it.The game feels horrible with that controller
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol wtf with the wack ass controller set up.
  • your flyness
    Options
    It sure is...I was on a Fast Break wit LeBron and i normally used the shot stick to slam it home...? did a crossover dribble...

If you hold L2 (Left trigger) it turns the dribble stick back into the shot stick.

Im going to use legacy configuration also though
  • jayhi22
    jayhi22 Members Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol. Same ? with me. Ball in the paint wide open and Bosh or Ibaka or whoever are hesitate dribbling smh
  • Cigarello Slim
    Options
    While playing online I noticed when dudes try that wack "take-a-charge-as-he-takes-the-ball-up-court" ? , they penalize it a bit. Everytime he went for it homeboy took a spill as I hit him with the hesitation move.
  • infamous118
    Options
    Yeah I don't think i'm gonna be using the control stick. I kept ? up and trying to shoot with the joystick. How do you do alley oops now? They changed it
  • infamous118
    Options
    live stream going on right now. Showing gameplay footage and some interviews with d rose and jay-z and some others.
  • kanggoodie
    Options
    im checking out this live stream now
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    we need to quit bullshitting and actually do an online league this year

says the ? that keeps ducking me...
  • Cigarello Slim
    Options
    So how was the livestream?
  • kanggoodie
    Options
    looking at that live stream i could tell u two things... lebron was designed to be unstoppable.. and 3 point cheese is in full effect.. EVERYbody was making three's... ronnie 2k and buggs or whatever his name is was playing each other and various celebs... the buggs dude kept getting the heat and smashing ? with d wade and lebron. brooke lopez was playing with the nets.. he actually put up a fight.. they played Dream team vs team usa 2012 for one half.. and lebron started the game off on a 10 point run by him self.. 6 of those points where from behind the arch . kris humpries came thru, so did vinny from jersey shore.. dude can play.. but ronnie was hoeing him by not telling him all the diff button changes.. he asked how to do alley's and he acted like he couldnt hear him.. and when ronnie got the ball he threw an alley and said the buttons after the fact.. smh . lakers are gonna be a problem.. nash is money from 3
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    not feeling the demo
  • Cigarello Slim
    Options
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    looking at that live stream i could tell u two things... lebron was designed to be unstoppable.. and 3 point cheese is in full effect.. EVERYbody was making three's... ronnie 2k and buggs or whatever his name is was playing each other and various celebs... the buggs dude kept getting the heat and smashing ? with d wade and lebron. brooke lopez was playing with the nets.. he actually put up a fight.. they played Dream team vs team usa 2012 for one half.. and lebron started the game off on a 10 point run by him self.. 6 of those points where from behind the arch . kris humpries came thru, so did vinny from jersey shore.. dude can play.. but ronnie was hoeing him by not telling him all the diff button changes.. he asked how to do alley's and he acted like he couldnt hear him.. and when ronnie got the ball he threw an alley and said the buttons after the fact.. smh . lakers are gonna be a problem.. nash is money from 3

I wonder what difficulty they were playing on, if it was on All-Star or less hopefully the tougher difficulties will negate the shots falling.

I'm already preparing myself to see no other team in Ranked matches besides LAL, OKC & MIA.

Lol @ Ronnie not telling Vinny the buttons.