Name your TOP 5 Favorite Players in the NBA

Comments

• jayhi22
    jayhi22 Members Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
    @Tmac

Monta plays defense. He just can't compete with guys that are 3-4 inches taller, and 30 lbs heavier.

He can score with ease, but the thing is... He don't get respect from anybody, so for one crazy, athletic layup, there's another 2 or 3 where there's no call (Which he thinks he should get), and the other team is off to the races, while he's jogging back
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jayhi22 wrote: »
    @Tmac

Monta plays defense. He just can't compete with guys that are 3-4 inches taller, and 30 lbs heavier.

He can score with ease, but the thing is... He don't get respect from anybody, so for one crazy, athletic layup, there's another 2 or 3 where there's no call (Which he thinks he should get), and the other team is off to the races, while he's jogging back

I agree with this but it still doesn't matter. Either way no d is no d and dude has no defined position due to: a) him not being a pg and b) his lack of size on defense
  • Chase N Bundlez
    Chase N Bundlez Members Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    1) Monta Ellis
    2) Stephen Curry (will be a top 5 pg if injury free next year)
    3) Dwyane Wade
    4) Lebron James
    5) Kevin Durant

Honoreable mention: Rose, Kobe, Russ, Rondo, Marshon Brooks (sleeper)
  • jayhi22
    @Tmac

I agree with this but it still doesn't matter. Either way no d is no d and dude has no defined position due to: a) him not being a pg and b) his lack of size on defense

He does have some defensive skill. And he does compete every night.

Saying he has "No defense" is a liiiittle too much of a stretch.

All that position stuff -- You're preaching to the choir lol. I'm out here in the Bay Area, and have seen almost every game of his entire career. Fun to watch, but not very good if you want to win... Unless you have 2 or 3 guys better than him already established on the team.
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rubio
    Rondo
    Kyrie
    Kobe
    Lebron

honorable:John Wall
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    @Tmac

All that position stuff -- You're preaching to the choir lol. I'm out here in the Bay Area, and have seen almost every game of his entire career. Fun to watch, but not very good if you want to win... Unless you have 2 or 3 guys better than him already established on the team.

Thats all I'm sayin. You're right he does compete every night but all I'm saying he needs players around him and even though it's prolly because of his size him next to a pg doesn't work on d. Either way I like watching him, actually I like watching that whole squad and he's a great scorer...
  • jayhi22
    @Tmac

Thats all I'm sayin. You're right he does compete every night but all I'm saying he needs players around him and even though it's prolly because of his size him next to a pg doesn't work on d. Either way I like watching him, actually I like watching that whole squad and he's a great scorer...

If you enjoy watching the squad now... Wait til next year when we sign Dwight, and send Bogut to LA in a sign and trade deal lol
  • Chase N Bundlez
    Chase N Bundlez Members Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    @Tmac

Word! I swear on everything he couldve won the scoring title back in 09-10' had he gotten the "superstar" calls.

I watched game after game (league pass) where the ? was getting violated and the refs would turn the other way, ? was disgusting.. and the ? up thing is it hurts his FG% since the miss goes on record.

He couldve easily avg'd 28/29 ppg that year on 47fg % had the refs not treated him like a D-leauguer.
    @Tmac

Again, word. He messes up team chemistry sometimes with his style of play, he aint built to be a #1 option, if he is, that means trouble for ur squad lol
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    @Tmac

If you enjoy watching the squad now... Wait til next year when we sign Dwight, and send Bogut to LA in a sign and trade deal lol

lmfao. D12 soft ass prolly wouldn't even drive through the bay let alone play there. Aye but we all can dream right, my current hope is that Houston signs James Harden next off-season, even though I know damn well that ? aint happenin
  • jayhi22
    ^^

The thing is, he's not a Superstar, so he's not going to get the calls. He's not even an All Star lol. He THINKS he is though, which is what kind of hurt the Warriors, because he'd put them in bad situations time after time.

I'm glad he got traded though. I think he has 2 more years in Milwaukee. Maybe he can somehow latch onto a potential contender and get a little more recognition.

+ It helps the Warriors. We can match up with damn near anyone. This season should be interesting!
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Wade
    Deron
    Rio The GOAT
    Rudy ?
    Kevin Love
    S.Jax

Honorable mentions: Evan turner, terrence williams

This list in order..
  • jayhi22
    @Tmac

lmfao. D12 soft ass prolly wouldn't even drive through the bay let alone play there. Aye but we all can dream right, my current hope is that Houston signs James Harden next off-season, even though I know damn well that ? aint happenin

Harden? Now there's one guy I don't ? with lol. The league is turning that dude into the Wade. How does that guy... Get to line the most (I'm pretty sure he was Top 2) in the league, in the 4th qtr? ? don't make no sense lol.

If I was Houston, if you can get Harden, and then pull Dwight out your ass.. It'd be all good.

But Harden as your best player? You're looking at a MAX 45-Win team.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dylan Dylan Dylan Dylan and Dylan

not but Deron Williams, Kobe , Lebron , Kevin Love , D-Rose
  • Beta
    Wade
    Deron
    The GOAT
    ?
    Love

S.Jax

Honorable mentions: Evan turner, terrence williams

This list in order..

So u couldnt do sumn about the bolded.. im reading ur list and the ? just ? me up.. sheesh.

lol fixed that for you
  • blackjack2012
    blackjack2012 Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.kobe
    2.rondo
    3.Manu
    4.Nash
    5.Chris Paul
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    1 - Lebron
    2 - Kobe
    3 - Rose
    4 - Rondo
    5 - Durant
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $pyda wrote: »
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    Naw for real tho

Kobe
    D12
    Vince Carter
    T-Mac

Rose

I can see 10 years ago but what?
    For all that I might as well replace someone in my top 5 with J-Kidd

My list is based on the last 10 years.

Right now

Kobe
    D12
    Rose
    Paul Peirce
    Carmelo
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kobe
    Westbrook
    Rondo
    Rose
    Melo
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KD- Best player in the NBA
    Rondo-Best PG in the NBA
    Delonte West-Realest ? in the NBA
    Lamarcus Aldridge- Best player on favorite team
    Ty Lawson-Fastest ? in the NBA
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    1. Wade
    2. Lebron
    3. CP3
    4. Westbrook
    5. Deron Williams
  • Beta
    DaBull wrote: »
    Kobe
    Westbrook
    Rondo
    Rose
    wade

Fixed that for you
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wade
    D. Will
    Lamarcus Aldridge
    Rondo
    LeBron
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    kobe
    rose
    westbrook
    durant
    lehairline
  • SocialAssassinRati
    SocialAssassinRati Members Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lowkey I hope my boy Brandon Roy shows some flashes of his old greatness...he was one of my favorites